Back to the start

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
blondie

THE TRAILER

The first thing we were given.

Go.
93: Love is the law, love under will.
blondie

I feel like the woman is super important.

Is the mask you guys saw similar to the one/s seen in the trailer?

Have you definitely not met her before? As in, she’s not Lamia? No way you’ve encountered her before?

Also, transcribing the opening rhyme:

“There once was a family who lived in the woods
Plotting and scheming and up to no good
If you see them, it’s better you run
They’ll murder and maim you and bleed you for fun”
campbellstruts

I haven't encountered her before.

Yes the mask was the same. The one I saw last night was a little bit more finished or polished if that makes sense.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
mart

Imo, Don't think it's the same "being". But definitely of the same.
SlightlyChard

Some screen grab edits from the video

Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.
blondie

Thank you Richard. Doing the good work 🖤
someguyinKC

At this point the mask could have been any of the ones that Richard just posted. Something with sticks.

Another after thought and question for the locals, could what were calling a pentagram have been the 5-pointed figure on the chalkboard? It definitely wasn't a perfect star and you'd think, given the level of care They put into things, if it was intended to be a star, it would have been.
got milk?
haleywilde

Have all the KC folks watched the trailer closely to see if you recognize anyone else? If so, I think we may need to move on from the trailer at least for now.
merely someone at the edge.
haleywilde

someguyinKC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:40 pm At this point the mask could have been any of the ones that Richard just posted. Something with sticks.

Another after thought and question for the locals, could what were calling a pentagram have been the 5-pointed figure on the chalkboard? It definitely wasn't a perfect star and you'd think, given the level of care They put into things, if it was intended to be a star, it would have been.
Was going to ask this- if this is the shape they used, could you show where the buckets were, maybe? Were they on the shape or in front of it?
blondie

From opulens’ response to me in another thread:

“ So many breadcrumbs littering the ground that you could make a whole loaf. Who, what, where, when, how.”

Those questions are a good place to start.
someguyinKC

haleywilde wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:43 pm [if this is the shape they used, could you show where the buckets were, maybe? Were they on the shape or in front of it?
Outside of the circle, at the bottom of it as it it is oriented in the image below.
got milk?
campbellstruts

here

-- Who is in your immediate family?
- Are you related to anyone here?
- What did you do to Dan and why is he so scared of you?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are you going to do with the fears i told you?
- are you self-conscious about anything?
- Are you worried about anything?
- Do you regret any of your decisions?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done anyone else?
- What are you most afraid of?
- how do you like your bacon cooked?
- How much do you make doing this? what is your reward?
- How old are you?
- Do you have any direct family members?
- What religion are you, or do you believe in God?
- Do you think you are strong?
- Why are you doing this?
- Who are the red curves?
- Who is lamia? Is she a redcurve?
- Are you related to lamia?
- Why do you like Kansas City so much?
- Is Darren in control at this point? What did you do to him or his family?
- That girl that was in the car. She didn’t give me her name, and she was terrified. She was driving during our second experience. Who is she?
- Why does milkman like dairy so much?
- How do you know lamia or what is your connection to her?
- What is the deal with the pentagrams?
- Who was that lady upstairs? Why was she wearing a tree branch on her face?
- Why does she think me and Matt are selfish for choosing a friend?
- What does it mean to be exiled?
- Are you a cult? If so, who do you worship?
- Do you live in crooked rose woods?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What are you most proud of?
- What motivates you?
- Who do you like the most?
- Who do you worship?
- What did Dan do to get exiled? Why is he so frustrated?
- Darren seems frustrated too. Is he about to be exiled?
- He took part in creating this. Did you take over?
- Where is Darren in all of this?
- Do you like torturing people?
- Does this give you a power trip?
- Do you want to torture people?
- What piques your interest? What do you like?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Do you have any big traditions?
- What is your favorite quality about yourself?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What is the last thing that made you cry?
- Bound by rules like others who sit here - what others? What rules?
- Who are your friends, or coworkers?
- Who are your enemies, or work enemies?
- It is pain that teaches us to be more human. Is that what you are trying to teach us?
- Yourself, a friend, the universe. Do we pick which friend? Do we pick when? The universe; how is that message getting spread throughout the universe?
-do you obey a higher power
- You know how this game works. So the universe…what about it? You like the universe?
- Rosicrucianism: familiar with it?
- What is important to you right now
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
haleywilde

ok I'm going to compile the breadcrumbs on one specific topic that interests me: "the edge"

Clara:
He then asked why I thought they were doing this, to which I did not know. He said because live is only worth living on the edge.
Martin & Kaylyn: said opie mentioned that what he likes about the walls is that you know you've reached the edge "you can't move them, they create boundaries." also compared himself to bungee jumping and skydiving (which are experiences that require you to jump from an edge)

Kassidy:
He got up on the wall next to me and got in my ear, asking why i think they do what they do. I asked why, and he said “to experience” and i said “experience what?” And he replied something along the lines of “living on the edge.” And walked away. He then returned after a couple of minutes and I backed into a corner. He asked me why I looked so uncomfortable, and i just said “i just havent ever experienced anything like this before” and he said “yeah I bet you havent experienced anything like this before. Welcome to the edge.”
haleywilde

I mean, it can't be as literal as their place being called "The Edge," right???

They are sort of at the edge of Kansas and Missouri lol

idk I feel like I'm losing my mind
Lexthewolf

I see a lot of 3 symbolism here.
Specifically in the trailer
- 3 levels of intensity
- 3 children on swings
- 3 hooded figures
- 3 ghosts

Also in the trailer worth mentioning
- the patrons enter through a tunnel and come across the Tree-Mask Woman
- the Tree-Mask-Woman performs a ritual
- near the end (at 1m41s) we see a person with their eyes closed. Their eyes open, and their heart starts to beat again.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
blondie

If this helps… the who, what, where, when, and how.

WHO?
- Dan, owner and creator of Exiled: Trail of Terrors - was in control of IG feed until it was taken over and his posts removed, present at all 3 in person events, has seemed in turn excited and enthusiastic, dejected, hostile, on the outside, now working for if not with…
- Hollywood”, ie Darren Lynn Bousman, director of horror movies and creator of immersive experiences, and Morgan Rooms, as 111experience creating immersives for the rich and famous - Darren was seen with Dan and on the phone to Morgan at the competition, both appear to currently be in KC
- A group of mysterious people with a wheel as seen in the Pink Socks leaked messages
- opulens - oversees the forum, has access to the Exiled IG account, met with participants at 7/28 event wearing a balaclava to obscure identity, always busy, has no master
- Dymuntz- ”assigned” to Campbell, has access to the Exiled IG account and an administrator account on forum
- Lamia, the Woman in Black - met with Cammie and Matt in the woods, has made calls to participants, seen and heard in IG reels, acts in control, appears well off (clothes, money, etc)
- Suited staff, inc Cottage Cheese Man - documenting in person interactions with polaroids and video cameras
- Dan’s Exiled staff: Pink Socks, Red Laces, Backpack (from previous interactions - this is pretty much a dead end)
- Tree Mask Woman - potentially seen in trailer, met by several participants in person at 7/28 event, really doesn’t like selfishness
- The family in the woods, mentioned in the trailer

- who amongst these count as “the Elites”?
- who are the Redcurves?
- where does Tree Mask Woman fit in to this? She was in the trailer but hasn’t appeared until now. Seems important

WHAT?
- An established haunt
- A target or a tool

WHERE?
- Kansas City, chosen by the wheel
- Crooked Rose Woods

WHEN?
- ARG portion: July onwards
- In person haunt: September - November

HOW?
- “The method”, alchemy, chosen by the wheel as seen in the leaked messages
- Message spread through participants doing “missionary” work
- Communicate with participants via phone calls, text messages, IG (including DMs), forum (including DMs), Facebook, TikTok, sometimes appear in dlbCU Discord (Morgan + opulens)
- Haunt has 3 levels, including a 3rd selective level
- In person events for KC natives
cd3vane

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:50 am If this helps… the who, what, where, when, and how.

WHO?
- Dan, owner and creator of Exiled: Trail of Terrors - was in control of IG feed until it was taken over and his posts removed, present at all 3 in person events, has seemed in turn excited and enthusiastic, dejected, hostile, on the outside, now working for if not with…
- Hollywood”, ie Darren Lynn Bousman, director of horror movies and creator of immersive experiences, and Morgan Rooms, as 111experience creating immersives for the rich and famous - Darren was seen with Dan and on the phone to Morgan at the competition, both appear to currently be in KC
- A group of mysterious people with a wheel as seen in the Pink Socks leaked messages
- opulens - oversees the forum, has access to the Exiled IG account, met with participants at 7/28 event wearing a balaclava to obscure identity, always busy, has no master
- Dymuntz- ”assigned” to Campbell, has access to the Exiled IG account and an administrator account on forum
- Lamia, the Woman in Black - met with Cammie and Matt in the woods, has made calls to participants, seen and heard in IG reels, acts in control, appears well off (clothes, money, etc)
- Suited staff, inc Cottage Cheese Man - documenting in person interactions with polaroids and video cameras
- Dan’s Exiled staff: Pink Socks, Red Laces, Backpack (from previous interactions - this is pretty much a dead end)
- Tree Mask Woman - potentially seen in trailer, met by several participants in person at 7/28 event, really doesn’t like selfishness
- The family in the woods, mentioned in the trailer

- who amongst these count as “the Elites”?
- who are the Redcurves?
- where does Tree Mask Woman fit in to this? She was in the trailer but hasn’t appeared until now. Seems important

WHAT?
- An established haunt
- A target or a tool

WHERE?
- Kansas City, chosen by the wheel
- Crooked Rose Woods

WHEN?
- ARG portion: July onwards
- In person haunt: September - November

HOW?
- “The method”, alchemy, chosen by the wheel as seen in the leaked messages
- Message spread through participants doing “missionary” work
- Communicate with participants via phone calls, text messages, IG (including DMs), forum (including DMs), Facebook, TikTok, sometimes appear in dlbCU Discord (Morgan + opulens)
- Haunt has 3 levels, including a 3rd selective level
- In person events for KC natives
Something I don't think anyone brought up in the "who we know" portion yet is the presence of children in the trailer and IG posts, we dont know much about them other than they are there but definitely feels like a key element. We had the slow zoom out on the child in the phase 2 video and the children sitting at the chalkboard in the trailer and older photos.
Screaming into the void
Caboose04

Another thing that shows up are clowns. Are they relevant? What about all the dolls? Just used for creep factor? or are they killing children/sacrificing children and those are their belongings.
blondie

Caboose04 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:51 pm Another thing that shows up are clowns. Are they relevant? What about all the dolls? Just used for creep factor? or are they killing children/sacrificing children and those are their belongings.
In my rant, I did ask about the clowns and the cornfields, lol
blondie

THE TREE MASK WOMAN/WOOD WITCH AND THE RITUAL

Posting on behalf of both myself and @Wanda102 as we just had a very interesting conversation… might be red strings, might be cheese holes, but no harm in sharing. @Wanda102 is very much the go to gal about myths, I’m your witch bitch. Go team!

HECATE/HEKATE

The goddess of magic, witchcraft, necromancy, life and death, crossroads… and doorways. Her name roughly translates to “Influence from afar”. She has been portrayed in a variety of ways: a seductive maiden, a wise old crone, and a three-headed woman looking in three directions at a crossroads- past, present, and future. She carries a torch for illumination, a dagger for cutting through illusion, and a key that can unlock any door we truly wish to enter. She is often accompanied by snakes (and black cats).

CONNECTION TO LAMIA

“Hecate – The goddess of magic and witchcraft was often said to be Lamia herself or a close relative. As the Lamia became more associated with magic and witches this connection became more common.”

“Later authors describe the Lamiai as ghosts (phasma) which used illusion to seduce young men. They were companions of the goddess Hekate which followed her to earth from the depths of the underworld.”

“Later versions of the Lamia myth (also) refer to her as Hecate’s consort or daughter.”

RITUALS AND THE IMPORTANCE OF THREE

Moving past all 3s with Hekate, 3 is also an important part of ritual magic.

The central philosophy of Thelema (founded by Aleister Crowley) is contained in two phrases from The Book of the Law: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will." The two primary terms in these statements are "Will" and "Love", respectively. In the Greek language, they are Thelema (Will) and Agape (Love). Using the Greek technique of isopsephy, which applies a numerical value to each letter, the letters of each of these words add up to 93:

Thelema: Θελημα = 9 + 5 + 30 + 8 + 40 + 1 = 93 Agapé: Αγαπη = 1 + 3 + 1 + 80 + 8 = 93

They shorten all of this into a greeting: “93… love and will”.

In terms of the placing of papers into one of THREE buckets, magic practitioners often write intentions or sigils onto paper and place them into a receptacle before burning, which releases the contents into the universe. If the marks are made in blood, this is considered even more of an offering, adding power to the intention.

If I have missed anything, @Wanda102 will add I’m sure.