Back to the start

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Wanda102

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:35 pm THE TREE MASK WOMAN/WOOD WITCH AND THE RITUAL

Posting on behalf of both myself and @Wanda102 as we just had a very interesting conversation… might be red strings, might be cheese holes, but no harm in sharing. @Wanda102 is very much the go to gal about myths, I’m your witch bitch. Go team!

HECATE/HEKATE

The goddess of magic, witchcraft, necromancy, life and death, crossroads… and doorways. Her name roughly translates to “Influence from afar”. She has been portrayed in a variety of ways: a seductive maiden, a wise old crone, and a three-headed woman looking in three directions at a crossroads- past, present, and future. She carries a torch for illumination, a dagger for cutting through illusion, and a key that can unlock any door we truly wish to enter. She is often accompanied by snakes (and black cats).

CONNECTION TO LAMIA

“Hecate – The goddess of magic and witchcraft was often said to be Lamia herself or a close relative. As the Lamia became more associated with magic and witches this connection became more common.”

“Later authors describe the Lamiai as ghosts (phasma) which used illusion to seduce young men. They were companions of the goddess Hekate which followed her to earth from the depths of the underworld.”

“Later versions of the Lamia myth (also) refer to her as Hecate’s consort or daughter.”

RITUALS AND THE IMPORTANCE OF THREE

Moving past all 3s with Hekate, 3 is also an important part of ritual magic.

The central philosophy of Thelema (founded by Aleister Crowley) is contained in two phrases from The Book of the Law: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will." The two primary terms in these statements are "Will" and "Love", respectively. In the Greek language, they are Thelema (Will) and Agape (Love). Using the Greek technique of isopsephy, which applies a numerical value to each letter, the letters of each of these words add up to 93:

Thelema: Θελημα = 9 + 5 + 30 + 8 + 40 + 1 = 93 Agapé: Αγαπη = 1 + 3 + 1 + 80 + 8 = 93

They shorten all of this into a greeting: “93… love and will”.

In terms of the placing of papers into one of THREE buckets, magic practitioners often write intentions or sigils onto paper and place them into a receptacle before burning, which releases the contents into the universe. If the marks are made in blood, this is considered even more of an offering, adding power to the intention.

If I have missed anything, @Wanda102 will add I’m sure.
I love cheese and mythology and this connection is very interesting whether it’s ultimately proven irrelevant or not. Thank you for chatting about fantastical things with me @blondie.

And to wit - our Woods Witch did technically offer three _Paths to our KC brothers and sisters. Three buckets, three crossroads, three doors.

I was glad we had people choose multiple options so we could compare reactions and I was a little surprised that there seemed to be a “right” one, putting what’s important to us out in the universe. I was expecting more of a broad scoff at the guests for assuming anything could be correct and pleased that this was not the case.

That known - and maybe the answer is obvious but I’d like to hear thoughts - what’s the significance of this being the same woman from the Exiled trailer, and why was the “universe” path the “right” one?
blondie

Another thing from 7/28 that ties to magic AND the trailer…

In the room with Wood Witch/Tree Mask Woman/Hekate, participants were made to stand in the middle of what many described as a “pentagram”.

The pentagram is a five pointed star, the points representing the five elements of air, fire, water, earth, and spirit.

(Note from Clara’s recollection: "She asked how I felt about the air absorbing my essence, to which I replied, "Comfortable." What better way to get acclimated to your environment than through the air? She found that amusing. ")

Add a circle around it and you have a pentacle. A circle in a ritual provides protection and containment.

(Side note: a pentacle is also a coin and one of the suits in tarot)

Participants say that they believe the pentacle may have been drawn in salt. Salt provides a protective barrier from evil forces and is often used to draw the circle around the ritual space. It is also used for purification.

HOWEVER. Matt says he is unsure whether it was a pentagram within the circle or whether it was a figure more akin to that seen on the chalkboard in the trailer:

Mart adds that between the circle and the buckets, a sigil was drawn - one he recognised as being Odin’s Illusionary Rune. Which you can see in the bottom right hand corner of the chalkboard. A sigil of camouflage and deception.

Within the circle, one is protected from the sigil. Stepping outside of it, to place the paper in the bucket… and you are at its mercy.
93: Love is the law, love under will.
someguyinKC

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:29 pm Within the circle, one is protected from the sigil. Stepping outside of it, to place the paper in the bucket… and you are at its mercy.
For the record, she took the paper from me and threw it into the bucket of my choosing. I only stepped out of the circle once she dug her nails into me and shoved me out of the room all together.
got milk?
blondie

someguyinKC wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:39 pm
blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:29 pm Within the circle, one is protected from the sigil. Stepping outside of it, to place the paper in the bucket… and you are at its mercy.
For the record, she took the paper from me and threw it into the bucket of my choosing. I only stepped out of the circle once she dug her nails into me and shoved me out of the room all together.
Noted. Thanks for the clarification. That alters the interpretation.

If she was outside of the circle, she was under the influence of the sigil. But you, inside, were protected from it. Much to think on.
blondie

CRACKPOT THEORY (probably wrong):

Lamia IS the wood witch/tree mask woman

Evidence:
1) she said it was nice to see Richard in the flesh so she was there in person
2) the witch was camouflaged both by her clothing/mask and by the sigil
3) opulens is calling out a lyre bird
haleywilde

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:09 pm CRACKPOT THEORY (probably wrong):

Evidence:
I agree with this theory.

It aligns with what I said about the other night, everyone walked past opulens and whoever he was with, towards "her" (tree woman).

In the woods, on the first interaction, everyone walked past many people, straight towards "her" (WIB).

"You all walked past the obvious dangers and onwards, towards her, much as you saw others do before."
merely someone at the edge.
blondie

haleywilde wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:58 pm

Evidence:

It aligns with what I said about the other night, everyone walked past opulens and whoever he was with, towards "her" (tree woman).

In the woods, on the first interaction, everyone walked past many people, straight towards "her" (WIB).

"You all walked past the obvious dangers and onwards, towards her, much as you saw others do before."
I saw you picking up what I was putting down on the nature thread…

And from @Wanda102’s knowledge:
“Hecate – The goddess of magic and witchcraft was often said to be Lamia herself“

Lamia appearing as Hecate is still Lamia. One and the same.
cd3vane

Evidence:

Yea I like this that was the part of the hint that I was caught up on I couldn't figure out how we/they saw others do it before but this could make sense. Seeing Richard in the flesh feels like the biggest clue because from there stories there were not that many other people there.
Screaming into the void
Wanda102

So it’s really seeming like everything is leading towards Her (Lamia,) and if we’re thinking she’s the same “She” from the leaked texts Lex got that detailed some of the Elites’ planning stages that led to Exiled/Kansas City, that’s just another indicator that She is the most important element of this, at least as things stand right now.

So I guess as a hopefully some better questions that we’ve not asked because we thought we wouldn’t get an answer….

Lamia/Witch Woman had guests stand in a pentagram circle that they were then pushed out of. These circles are used ritualistically as magical protection - what did they need protecting from?

And maybe more pressing - who is Lamia in this and why is She so important?
mart

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:35 pm THE TREE MASK WOMAN/WOOD WITCH AND THE RITUAL

Posting on behalf of both myself and @Wanda102 as we just had a very interesting conversation… might be red strings, might be cheese holes, but no harm in sharing. @Wanda102 is very much the go to gal about myths, I’m your witch bitch. Go team!

HECATE/HEKATE

The goddess of magic, witchcraft, necromancy, life and death, crossroads… and doorways. Her name roughly translates to “Influence from afar”. She has been portrayed in a variety of ways: a seductive maiden, a wise old crone, and a three-headed woman looking in three directions at a crossroads- past, present, and future. She carries a torch for illumination, a dagger for cutting through illusion, and a key that can unlock any door we truly wish to enter. She is often accompanied by snakes (and black cats).

CONNECTION TO LAMIA

“Hecate – The goddess of magic and witchcraft was often said to be Lamia herself or a close relative. As the Lamia became more associated with magic and witches this connection became more common.”

“Later authors describe the Lamiai as ghosts (phasma) which used illusion to seduce young men. They were companions of the goddess Hekate which followed her to earth from the depths of the underworld.”

“Later versions of the Lamia myth (also) refer to her as Hecate’s consort or daughter.”

RITUALS AND THE IMPORTANCE OF THREE

Moving past all 3s with Hekate, 3 is also an important part of ritual magic.

The central philosophy of Thelema (founded by Aleister Crowley) is contained in two phrases from The Book of the Law: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will." The two primary terms in these statements are "Will" and "Love", respectively. In the Greek language, they are Thelema (Will) and Agape (Love). Using the Greek technique of isopsephy, which applies a numerical value to each letter, the letters of each of these words add up to 93:

Thelema: Θελημα = 9 + 5 + 30 + 8 + 40 + 1 = 93 Agapé: Αγαπη = 1 + 3 + 1 + 80 + 8 = 93

They shorten all of this into a greeting: “93… love and will”.

In terms of the placing of papers into one of THREE buckets, magic practitioners often write intentions or sigils onto paper and place them into a receptacle before burning, which releases the contents into the universe. If the marks are made in blood, this is considered even more of an offering, adding power to the intention.

If I have missed anything, @Wanda102 will add I’m sure.
I have had a lot of speculation on this and agree with Blondie and Wanda,
Hecate has three heads,
One theory is that
-One head represents The Past ,Lamia( being referred here as ghosts)
-The Present ,Cammie(..we know she's been exiled and to be exiled means to join this..what ever it is.
She also "holds the snake" from her drawings she handed out in the bar competition. She also is wearing a key in her necklace in her video she posted a while ago when she was exiled. opulens "nature" video has me believe even further that Cammie is the Lyrebird..weither she realizes this and is lying or her path isn't clear to her even)
-The Future ,Witch(we were sending our message to some time in the future to ourselves/others/universe)

This is the evidence presented that I feel to be true to the theory.
opulens
Site Admin

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:50 am If this helps… the who, what, where, when, and how.

WHO?
- Dan, owner and creator of Exiled: Trail of Terrors - was in control of IG feed until it was taken over and his posts removed, present at all 3 in person events, has seemed in turn excited and enthusiastic, dejected, hostile, on the outside, now working for if not with…
- Hollywood”, ie Darren Lynn Bousman, director of horror movies and creator of immersive experiences, and Morgan Rooms, as 111experience creating immersives for the rich and famous - Darren was seen with Dan and on the phone to Morgan at the competition, both appear to currently be in KC
- A group of mysterious people with a wheel as seen in the Pink Socks leaked messages
- opulens - oversees the forum, has access to the Exiled IG account, met with participants at 7/28 event wearing a balaclava to obscure identity, always busy, has no master
- Dymuntz- ”assigned” to Campbell, has access to the Exiled IG account and an administrator account on forum
- Lamia, the Woman in Black - met with Cammie and Matt in the woods, has made calls to participants, seen and heard in IG reels, acts in control, appears well off (clothes, money, etc)
- Suited staff, inc Cottage Cheese Man - documenting in person interactions with polaroids and video cameras
- Dan’s Exiled staff: Pink Socks, Red Laces, Backpack (from previous interactions - this is pretty much a dead end)
- Tree Mask Woman - potentially seen in trailer, met by several participants in person at 7/28 event, really doesn’t like selfishness
- The family in the woods, mentioned in the trailer

- who amongst these count as “the Elites”?
- who are the Redcurves?
- where does Tree Mask Woman fit in to this? She was in the trailer but hasn’t appeared until now. Seems important

WHAT?
- An established haunt
- A target or a tool

WHERE?
- Kansas City, chosen by the wheel
- Crooked Rose Woods

WHEN?
- ARG portion: July onwards
- In person haunt: September - November

HOW?
- “The method”, alchemy, chosen by the wheel as seen in the leaked messages
- Message spread through participants doing “missionary” work
- Communicate with participants via phone calls, text messages, IG (including DMs), forum (including DMs), Facebook, TikTok, sometimes appear in dlbCU Discord (Morgan + opulens)
- Haunt has 3 levels, including a 3rd selective level
- In person events for KC natives
Now we're cooking with gas.
opulens
Site Admin

cd3vane wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:26 am Something I don't think anyone brought up in the "who we know" portion yet is the presence of children in the trailer and IG posts
Goodness me, it's like you've all woken up.
iambalrog

Just found this thread. It’s brilliant. Excellent work all!

I don’t recall other child references. The participants, some have kids, some do not I think?
Blood runs deep.
iambalrog

Or, prompted by Hayley, the video timeline may be different to current day and age. Was it filmed years ago?
The kids could now be older. Taken from their families, turned in to something which has evolved over the years until now.
Blood runs deep.
haleywilde

ok, so I was doing a little light reading about demons before bed, and came across something interesting. so, here is yet another summary of (probably irrelevant) information thrown into the void.

We've discussed previously that Lamia, when it comes to mythology, is a type of cave-dwelling demon that is described as a "cruel and seductive being" who seduces her victims and also eats children (I think this really could be a good path to go down considering opie praised Charles today for bringing up the children we've seen in ExiledKC's Instagram posts).

What I haven't seen mentioned in the past is that Lamia was given the ability to remove her eyes from her head. The reasoning behind this and how she uses this power varies source to source, however, it's a very peculiar detail of her lore. We know that Lamia suggested she was present at the local "event," however, no one saw her (assuming she isn't the tree witch). Perhaps her body wasn't present, but her eye(s) were?
merely someone at the edge.
sfire8

Two things stick out for me here with several theories in this post:

Lamia/Wood Witch/Dymuntz is practicing magic. She's magical, perhaps with abilities that are supernatural (shapeshifter, camouflage, all seeing (like Haley said), etc. Elite by day, witch by night? Ability to transform herself?

Also the children are important. Part of the "family"? Most families have children. They seem to be learning at the chalkboard, like it's a lesson or they are being schooled in the occult. Or are they mean to be sacrificed? There are other adults there too, family members or "teachers"?
campbellstruts

Family that lives in the woods, they like to torture and bleed you for fun, themes of submitting to the all powerful, wanting attention and to wake something up in Kansas city...

What if there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE (besides regular/ordinary people in Kansas City that we are trying to spread awareness of the haunt to..) that our friends from Exiled want to wake up?

Is there some sort of dormant dragon/entity/group that we haven't collected the attention of yet?

Do any of us even know if we have met a single Redcurve of the Redcurve family? (if they're even a family, or if they're an occult group)

Something tells us we will get answers when we've woken up whatever it is that is sleeping. And right now, there's a lot of sleeping going on.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Dymuntz

campbellstruts wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:20 am Do any of us even know if we have met a single Redcurve of the Redcurve family? (if they're even a family, or if they're an occult group)
Cam honey some people live in luxurious penthouses with claw bathtubs. Some wear branches on their faces and live in dirty little treehouses in the woods. As above so below, but in the literal sense.
campbellstruts

Dymuntz wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:03 am
campbellstruts wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:20 am Do any of us even know if we have met a single Redcurve of the Redcurve family? (if they're even a family, or if they're an occult group)
Cam honey some people live in luxurious penthouses with claw bathtubs. Some wear branches on their faces and live in dirty little treehouses in the woods. As above so below, but in the literal sense.
As above, so below; as below, so above is The Kybalion’s Principle of Correspondence. This is the second Hermetic Principle. It basically means that everything (thought, energy, matter, etc) is connected. What happens on one plane of existence (above) will happen on another plane of existence (below). What happens within us will happen outside of us.

Thoughts can become manifest. Think bad, negative thoughts all the time, manifest a shitty existence. Think good thoughts, good things happen all around you.

Systems can repeat frequently in nature. The neurons in our brain greatly mirror the cosmic web of the universe.

We knew this already, but your system is a lot more vast than we think it is.

I mentioned this to others but at EVERY. SINGLE. EXPERIENCE. That was in person, there was always somebody walking their dog past the location site.

Coincidence? Maybe. Not a coincidence? Possibly. I wouldn't be surprised if your web extends to those we think are simply passerby.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
acidstads

Crack pot theory but throwing it out there. Going off what we said with the children in the video.

I think I agree there’s a possibility the children we see in the video are the redcurves. Maybe the redcurves have been sacrificing their own children to benefit their own wealth but now since they’ve grown up and don’t have children they need more sacrifices to keep what they already have.

Another theory is that the redcurves are in the video and the children are the sacrifices. The red curves as opposed to being a “family” are more of a cult/collective.

And with what Haley said with Lamia being associated slightly with sirens Lamia needs more sacrifices/children and the red curves are potentially offered wealth in return. So Lamia is in essence “calling out” more people to fulfill that goal.