July 28th - Clara's Experience

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Phantomess16

lazysmartperson wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:26 am
Phantomess16 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:07 am Being a Labyrinth nerd I've always referenced this video:
https://youtu.be/ReFhu8KYbmU?si=zqvlYFSY9qbbfxn6
yes! excellent reference! i also want to point out that girl puts the desired outcome in the question which is important. in opulens' solution you only get to learn about the guards, not about what's behind the door.
True, heaven is never actually promised. That could be part of the lie as well, you never know when they start lying.

Also, the robots are listening, this turned up too:

https://youtube.com/shorts/rIpIzgLX43A? ... aIGnsxlNFw
:X: I move the stars for no one.
SlightlyChard

"
There is an easier solution than the one most commonly known.

You can simply ask either guard "Does the guard on the heaven door always tell the truth?"
There's yet an even easier solution, presuming you're learning the riddle from the guardian that's being truthful and spending your question validating.

Evidence, and proof.
Trust, but verify.
Or choice, chance and damn the consequences.
Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.
campbellstruts

I almost want to bank on the fact that they have been truthful, but that there is a LOT of information. Some of it important, some of it not.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
opulens
Site Admin

I was amused by the idea that the entire setup of this infamous pure-logic thought experiment could be a lie.

Can there be a clearer example of creating your own walls, then being unable to see over them?

Blessings.
campbellstruts

Unfortunately, we are our biggest critics, opulens.

This has been a great way to tell us to stop doubting ourselves, however.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
lazysmartperson

In times of uncertainty I like to amuse.

Back to unwrapping the words and the lies. The wood witch scoffed at the idea of finding truth there in that space. If the signs and symbols are to believed then Odin's illusionary rune should cast doubt on what was experienced. Maybe if the lies can be peeled away what's left will be truth?
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist