Nature

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
campbellstruts

Themes/Ideas of:

- imitation
- impressing potential partners
- IMPRESSIVE/IDENTICAL impersonation skills.
- solitary
- alone in a forest
- pretending to be something one isn't
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
opulens
Site Admin

I'm going to do something I've never done before; I'm letting you gather your theories, and then, I'm going to tell you what I intended you to grasp from my post, on your forum.

I have accepted a level of defeat, in trying to guide you within the permits of my boundaries. Already, some of you are being greeted by another, and no doubt more will follow. I accept this; Do not pity me, I am still here and I am no less than what you knew me before, but it is clear to many that a different voice is needed.

Some of you act like you know where you are. You do not know where you are.

Some of you act like new doors open like old doors. They do not.

We are not an Uber taking you to a familiar destination.

We are not a world you have entered before.

You are babies, opening your eyes for the first time.

Peering over the edge.

Blessings.
Lexthewolf

so basically what I hear you saying is you're going to tell us where we went wrong?

awesome!
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
SlightlyChard

When opulens shares something and they want Every. Little. Morsel. NOW.
Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.
Lexthewolf

The forums have been abuzz with the theorizing going around.

We have this working theory that... the camera-people, Lamia, et cetera, are the people who live in the woods. Evidence?
- Campbell's first encounter mentioned one of them not wearing any shoes (the man had his dogs out)
- cottage cheese man eating cottage cheese. Some participants asked specifically about that and Dan said they're weirdos
- they seem terrified (as is told during competition encounter and other encounter but we know for sure they're working under someone)

How do you feel about this theory, opulens?
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
opulens
Site Admin

Lexthewolf wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:30 pm How do you feel about this theory, opulens?
I will not be speaking to your individual theories. I will tell you what was intended, and let you teach yourselves. Many things have been shared, not all are known. It is time to help you see over the edge from my eyes, and allow you fresh perspectives.

New paths. New ideas. New treasures.

Blessings.
haleywilde

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:14 pm I have accepted a level of defeat, in trying to guide you within the permits of my boundaries. Already, some of you are being greeted by another, and no doubt more will follow. I accept this; Do not pity me, I am still here and I am no less than what you knew me before, but it is clear to many that a different voice is needed.
This made me sad. I hope that our own failures aren't making it seem like we need more voices :(

opie, you are enough.
merely someone at the edge.
UnseenPresence

lazysmartperson wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:17 pm perhaps the whole of the upstairs, the salt pentacle and wood witch imagery is not the real thing, just mimicking the aspects of magick to attract those fascinated by it.

the sigil might be real, though, used to signify or strengthen the deception.
This. Everything about the witch moment last night screamed like this to me. I am knee deep in rituals now, so spend a lot of time dissecting their reasons for existence.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
UnseenPresence

Also...

Thank you, opulens. Sincerely.

It has taken my a lifetime to learn how little I know. Your perspective is welcome.
campbellstruts

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:14 pm

You are babies, opening your eyes for the first time.

Peering over the edge.

Blessings.
LIKE A BABY BIRD???
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
cd3vane

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:37 pm
I will not be speaking to your individual theories. I will tell you what was intended, and let you teach yourselves. Many things have been shared, not all are known. It is time to help you see over the edge from my eyes, and allow you fresh perspectives.

New paths. New ideas. New treasures.

Blessings.
I like this alot even though it stems from a failure I think these lessons in perspective are key. Yes it seems we have failed to find something but I think looking at the reasons why we failed is much more important than feeling that we did not put enough effort in. From opulens posts here about telling us the answer, it seems that much of what we are doing are things that have worked in the past or we are making certain underlying assumptions about what this is and what we think we already know to be true. Some of us might be on the wrong edge entirely for all we know. Throwing yourself into the deep end of something entirely new and different can be hard and scary but it is also how you can learn and grow the fastest if you are not stuck in your ways. I'm excited for this new perspective.

Blessings
Screaming into the void
opulens
Site Admin

cd3vane wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:43 am looking at the reasons why we failed is much more important than feeling that we did not put enough effort in
Gentle sunlight can melt steel when focused.

First though, it scatters across a wider area.

That doesn't mean those first photons made mistakes, or shone in vain.

Blessings.
opulens
Site Admin

An insight. Take a moment to relax, loosen your mind and your knots.

The Lyre bird. It did not name itself, and its talent is not deployed as an act of deceit. We are prejudiced to its intention before it begins to sing.

It sings what it hears. It does not think about the context of what it is singing. That noise has worked for something else, maybe it will work now.

It is attempting to attract the attention of others that may have heard those sounds before, and are impressed with the repeating of the information.

What if it wanted to attract something else? Somewhere else? A different sound might be in order. One not heard before.

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:38 pm
cd3vane wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:32 pm thanks for the chainsaw bird blessings
I hope you attract many chainsaws.

Blessings.

I have always tried to lead you gently, you see.

We are nuanced, we are watching, we are here.

Blessings.
campbellstruts

opulens wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:34 pm An insight. Take a moment to relax, loosen your mind and your knots.

It sings what it hears. It does not think about the context of what it is singing. That noise has worked for something else, maybe it will work now.

It is attempting to attract the attention of others that may have heard those sounds before, and are impressed with the repeating of the information.

What if it wanted to attract something else? Somewhere else? A different sound might be in order. One not heard before.

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:38 pm
cd3vane wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:32 pm thanks for the chainsaw bird blessings
I hope you attract many chainsaws.

Blessings.

I have always tried to lead you gently, you see.

We are nuanced, we are watching, we are here.

Blessings.
We all repeat information that has been told to us. We tend to listen to the same people each time and unfortunately that has narrowed our views on some things.

there might be somebody we haven’t been paying attention to, or that we should really listen to that we haven’t been paying attention to before because their voice has been drowned out by others.

To me this reads like opulens is trying to shed light on someone or something we have not previously paid attention to. Which yes that’s been happening the whole time but it’s more so apparent now.
lazysmartperson

it concerned me at first when flyers, business cards, and even a custom license plate was made, they mimicked the imagery, but it was not deceit, it was devotion. by copying and remixing and reposting the song spreads farther, more offering to the universe bucket.

so i ask for the devoted, is there a new song or perhaps a logo not seen before that can be mimicked and spread to attract the appropriate attention?

actually, i take back the question, there's already enough in here. i'll just keep digging in this direction.
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
campbellstruts

I’ve reached out a few times asking if I could do more for them.

Then I realized I don’t need anyone’s permission to be devoted to something.

Get ready for more devotion on my part to come your way, opulens/Dymuntz/Exiled. 🫡 ✏️
kassidy.exe

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:47 pm
haleywilde wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:31 pm
Brianamatopoeia wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:22 pm It's interesting to me that people see this as a warning. My interpretation is that this bird isn't a threat. Sure he is intentionally misleading in that he isn't what he sounds like he is, but his intentions are not to harm his listener, but rather to attract or entertain. There are SO many other examples in nature of animals using a similar skill to hunt for prey, but instead this one of a harmless bird looking for a friend was shared.

To me, the message would be to not be surprised if you answered the wrong call, but to also consider the intent behind the caller. But I could be wrong. It happens all the time.
There's definitely a lot of reasons someone could want to portray themselves as something they're not:
an outsider (person at the edge) wanting to fit in, luring someone into danger, distracting from something else going on, pretending they have wealth when they don't, gathering information to take back to someone... the possibilities are endless.
Maybe they have always felt like an outcast and just want to be accepted? Lots of people pretend to be something they're not just to fit in, just to make it through the day. It doesn't make them dangerous or bad. Heck, sometimes they don't even realize they're doing it.
Dan is someone that comes to mind with this line of thinking…
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
UnseenPresence

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:14 pm Some of you act like you know where you are. You do not know where you are.

I really, really want us all to think about this. I know that I have already encountered things dealing with this group that I have not seen before.

I am doing all I can to remove my previous assumptions of any knowledge except that specifically confirmed. I urge others to do the same, which means (IMO) more than just doing more digging.

It means rethinking how we even approach this. It means starting truly from scratch. If the doors are different and the path is different and the stories are different...the questions should be as well.

That is why I am seeking now. The better, different questions.
haleywilde

UnseenPresence wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:59 pm
opulens wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:14 pm Some of you act like you know where you are. You do not know where you are.

I really, really want us all to think about this. I know that I have already encountered things dealing with this group that I have not seen before.

I am doing all I can to remove my previous assumptions of any knowledge except that specifically confirmed. I urge others to do the same, which means (IMO) more than just doing more digging.

It means rethinking how we even approach this. It means starting truly from scratch. If the doors are different and the path is different and the stories are different...the questions should be as well.

That is why I am seeking now. The better, different questions.
I have been ruminating on this for a while. Maybe I’m not open minded or creative enough, but I feel like we’ve exhausted every possible method of doing things within the platform that we’re given at one point or another. I do agree that we should be focusing our collective brain power towards this though as the same thing has been said in many different ways and we still haven’t come up with anything.
merely someone at the edge.
kevin

opulens wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:34 pm An insight. Take a moment to relax, loosen your mind and your knots.

The Lyre bird. It did not name itself, and its talent is not deployed as an act of deceit. We are prejudiced to its intention before it begins to sing.

Making a noise it hasn't heard before runs contrary to the lyrebird's nature though, doesn't it?

It can sing its own song or it can mimic one that it's heard before, but it isn't capable of creating a new sound. It wouldn't be able to replicate the sound of a chainsaw, a helicopter, a camera without having heard it before.

Thrown into a new environment, the best it could hope for would be to mimic what it's hearing around it. But it doesn't understand the significance of what it's repeating. Toss it into a city and maybe it picks up the sound of tires against asphalt and the sound of a siren. One of those would call much more attention to it than the other.

I guess what I'm saying is, if we're the lyrebird in this situation, the best we can do is mimic the sounds of those around us without any idea what they mean.