Call from Dymuntz - July 31st

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
haleywilde

Got a call from Dymuntz- it appears she might be trying to win me over as her tone was much lighter this time around. It didn't feel quite as threatening, more friendly.

"Hello babealicious, what's crackin'" (yes, that's a direct quote)
"nothin' much, how are you?"
"Oh, you know, just hanging amongst the trees ... it was a fun day for you, huh?"
This made me laugh and I agreed with her that it was a "fun" day indeed lol

She then brought up how I've been in the darkness before, but this time I really bonded with opie. (side note- she pronounced it o-pee, when it's definitely aa-pee, right? like aa-pyuh-lens... but that's besides the point). She also said that she knows personally that my forum posts really hit him hard :(

However, she says that this situation really "brought me out of my shell," "gave me heavier boots," "allowed me to find my voice." She mentions that I really wanted to "find my fire" in this experience, and that I've arguably done that. She said I'm stronger than I've ever been. (smart girl, she knows words of affirmation is my love language)

"We know you really want him back. You've made it abundantly clear that you're willing to die on this hill... but don't you think returning him would only weaken you?"

I was honest in telling her that, no, I think I find power in connection.

"hmmm... well, I know that you don't like me yet, but I am in charge of checking in"
I confirmed that it takes time and "my loyalty has to be earned"

She then said that she had to go because they had a "lot of reports to do after today's activity" but that we'll talk soon, and ended the call with "blessings."
merely someone at the edge.
Wanda102

Seems like you’re in good hands, even if you don’t want them.
someguyinKC

Seems pleasant enough.

And it’s definitely been o-pee in my head this whole time, but now I’m curious if you or I are in the minority.
got milk?
Phantomess16

She sounds really cool, tbh.
Babealicious got me for sure 😂
:X: I move the stars for no one.
Brianamatopoeia

someguyinKC wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:57 pm Seems pleasant enough.

And it’s definitely been o-pee in my head this whole time, but now I’m curious if you or I are in the minority.
Have definitely been reading it as "oh-pee" (like you would call people from Oklahoma but with a P instead of a k) which gives me the ick and is why I refuse to use it. 🥴
It has the juice.
haleywilde

Because you always think of things to say after the phone call ends, and because I know Dymuntz reads these posts, I want to elaborate. I said that I find power in connection, which is true. But what I didn't say is that even yourself can see that I am different now than I have been in other experiences. I am, to quote you, "stronger than I've ever been" and I've "found my voice." To that I ask you, what is different now than other experiences? opie. I am not going to be dramatic and give him all of the credit, but opie helped encourage me to be bolder, louder, more myself. He made me feel seen, and that's a very powerful thing. So, no, I don't believe that "returning him" would weaken me at all. I think true friendship can help to make each other better.

And I would also like to add that I have no issue with you, Dymuntz. I am always open to new connections and opportunities for friendship. I just don't understand why it has to be one or the other. Why do I have to abandon a friend who helped get me to this position in order to work with you? I think there are better ways to achieve whatever goal you're after, and I'm a willing participant in this pursuit- just let me have my friend back. Then maybe we can all be besties (wishful thinking?)
kassidy.exe

I hope you get what you are looking for, haley! It’s clear that you hold connection to a high power and I respect that.

She seems cool and pretty pleasant, though we have been bamboozled before with how they communicate to us here and over the phones before (opie) and they ended up being much more aggressive than we realized, so I’m just curious what she would be like.
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
haleywilde

kassidy.exe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:21 am She seems cool and pretty pleasant, though we have been bamboozled before with how they communicate to us here and over the phones before (opie) and they ended up being much more aggressive than we realized, so I’m just curious what she would be like.
I think this is interesting- you experienced him as aggressive, but Richard got the complete opposite (and more in line with how I've experienced him online + in messages). why? Is there anything that you all did differently than Richard that would get that response? I don't think we've really explored that yet.
kassidy.exe

haleywilde wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:49 pm
kassidy.exe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:21 am She seems cool and pretty pleasant, though we have been bamboozled before with how they communicate to us here and over the phones before (opie) and they ended up being much more aggressive than we realized, so I’m just curious what she would be like.
I think this is interesting- you experienced him as aggressive, but Richard got the complete opposite (and more in line with how I've experienced him online + in messages). why? Is there anything that you all did differently than Richard that would get that response? I don't think we've really explored that yet.
Its interesting for sure. Maybe it has to do with how we behave? He adjusts to how we react to things online, on calls, and in person. I think they see how we act and adjust accordingly.
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
UnseenPresence

Is that all there is to it? Or does the reflection, itself, mean something?
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...