Nature

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
opulens
Site Admin

kevin wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:58 pm It can sing its own song or it can mimic one that it's heard before, but it isn't capable of creating a new sound.
But you are.

Blessings.
Lexthewolf

Sing a different song
one you've never heard before
you're not a lyre bird.
Your voices are power;
Now use them in unique ways.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
Caboose04

Lexthewolf

Caboose04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:43 pm Made me think of this.

https://youtu.be/mraLsg-G4wA?feature=shared
This is going to be in my head for the rest of the night. Thank you!
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
Caboose04

Lexthewolf wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:46 pm
Caboose04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:43 pm Made me think of this.

https://youtu.be/mraLsg-G4wA?feature=shared
This is going to be in my head for the rest of the night. Thank you!
You are most welcome. I love that song.
UnseenPresence

Lexthewolf wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:36 pm Sing a different song
you're not a lyre bird.
Your voices are power;
Indeed. If all you do is mimic others, you are inoffensive but also not really you.

You are an individual. So be one.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
opulens
Site Admin

UnseenPresence wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:05 am Indeed. If all you do is mimic others, you are inoffensive but also not really you.

Someone's been paying attention.

Blessings.
campbellstruts

UnseenPresence wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:05 am
Lexthewolf wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:36 pm Sing a different song
you're not a lyre bird.
Your voices are power;
If all you do is mimic others, you are inoffensive but also not really you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
kassidy.exe

opulens wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:10 am
UnseenPresence wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:05 am Indeed. If all you do is mimic others, you are inoffensive but also not really you.

Blessings.

I suppose besides asking the same questions, this could refer back to the buckets, and how we compared answers. Sure, picking one bucket may please them, but I don’t think they want us picking the same answers just because it’s “right” or because it would please them. It matters that we are staying true to ourselves. Some of us ask a lot of questions and try to get to know the whole story, others are just along for the ride.

No right or wrong way to experience what we are experiencing, and everyone playing the same game makes it boring.
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
campbellstruts

kassidy.exe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:44 am

Blessings.

No right or wrong way to experience what we are experiencing, and everyone playing the same game makes it boring.
I was told going into this that NOBODY in the past has gone as deep as they could have. Obviously there are some restrictions and hard lines, but other than that, the possibilities are seemingly endless.

Be you. Don't be afraid to try something different. If it doesn't work out, you learned something. If it works out, you learned something.

You only fail if you don't learn.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Caboose04

campbellstruts wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:57 am

Blessings.

I was told going into this that NOBODY in the past has gone as deep as they could have. Obviously there are some restrictions and hard lines, but other than that, the possibilities are seemingly endless.

Be you. Don't be afraid to try something different. If it doesn't work out, you learned something. If it works out, you learned something.

Yes, I agree. Be you. Be weird. Try something different. Stand out. Be seen.
I've been trying to spread this message but, I feel I keep speaking on deaf ears.

I want to go all the way. I am fully devoted and I want to be able to prove that to them. I am here.
campbellstruts

Caboose04 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:10 pm

I want to go all the way. I am fully devoted and I want to be able to prove that to them. I am here.
What are we here FOR?

I told exiled that I was here to discover the people to the Redcurve family (if they even are people or a family.) I put that into the universe and I’m going to start working towards that. (Unless I get absolutely shoved in a different direction, lol.)
Caboose04

campbellstruts wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:23 pm
Caboose04 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:10 pm

What are we here FOR?

I told exiled that I was here to discover the people to the Redcurve family (if they even are people or a family.) I put that into the universe and I’m going to start working towards that. (Unless I get absolutely shoved in a different direction, lol.)
I am here for knowledge and a deeper understanding. I want to know what was taken and help get it back.
campbellstruts

Hell yeah brother 😎
Wanda102

campbellstruts wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:23 pm

What are we here FOR?

I’ve got some musings this morning:

I often think about how we’re regularly asked to question why we’re “here.” And of course there’s a geographic component in consideration for me this time - I am remote to this and I value the eyes and interpretations of those of us, like you Cam, who are not remote. In that sense, I’m here for -you-. And I value doing what I can to make sure anyone who’s serving “on the ground” as it were gets to a place where they know what they want out of this. This will ultimately hold a mirror up to all of us, and most intensely to those in KC - I want you all to be able to interpret and accept what you see when it does.

Further on that - I’m often kind, even protective, especially to our newer friends, and especially now to our newer friends who are willing to expose themselves to terror to bring back a morsel of information to the rest of us. There’s an element of that being from the goodness of my heart, of course, but another element wherein I think, if I’m kind, I can be less consumed by a concern that I am not well-regarded.

Ultimately I do want all of you, the locals and the new, to find what you’re looking for here. But I also want one day to be free of any part of me that drives me to seek social credit. Lamia doesn’t give a fuck what people think about her—she’s the Boss. How could I retain my sense of self but also follow in her example?
campbellstruts

Well said.

Retaining sense of self is super important.

For a long time I was pretending to be someone I’m not as I’m sure others were as well.

Retaining sense of self and individuality is super important, not just saying what you want for exiled but also IRL.

Me - I wanna see opulens again. Eye roll, I know I know. But I’m happy with Dymuntz. For the foreseeable future I’m with (I think it’s Her?) her. She’s a spunky thing but I hope we can get close.
opulens
Site Admin

Wanda102 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:05 pm How could I retain my sense of self but also follow in her example?
You just did.

You've spoken strongly and honestly from the heart.

You've put yourself out there, clearly and proudly.

You are well-regarded, and you know it. It is your own demon's whispers you are really addressing this reply to.

You've retained your sense of self, and followed in her example.

You just did.

Blessings.
Wanda102

opulens wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:12 pm
You just did.

You've spoken strongly and honestly from the heart.

You've put yourself out there, clearly and proudly.

You are well-regarded, and you know it. It is your own demon's whispers you are really addressing this reply to.

You've retained your sense of self, and followed in her example.

You just did.

Blessings.
This is extremely kind in a world where that may be in short supply. My demon sends its regards from the Edge.
UnseenPresence

opulens wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:12 pm
You just did.

Blessings.
Goddamn right, opulens! You tell her. I tell her this all the time. Maybe she'll listen to you.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
Whoischelsea

This video is a d1 overthinker paradise of how it could relate to exiled.
1. it could mean that people are only imitating others or becoming a lyre to bring what they want closer (friend or foe)
2. Something or someone over time has evolved to learn the new sounds of what people want to hear
3. opulens just thinks nature is cool and wanted to share the cool bird with us

I like option 3
I figured out how to edit this