Burning Questions 8/6

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Brianamatopoeia

I'm waiting at the nail salon when my phone rings. I step outside to take the call so the loud music isn't competing with the person on the end of the line, only to have the nail lady call me up. I tell her I'll be right back as the music inside is replaced by the loud cars passing by.

The person on the other line can be best described as female and aloof? Almost disconnected, maybe even distracted. I imagine she's standing next to me, not looking at me as she speaks, but looking off into a fire or a sunset or something- mentally somewhere else entirely is the impression. The line is breaking up as she speaks about fire and burning. If she addressed me by name, it cut out, if she introduced herself, that was cut out as well- the connection was just awful and the passing cars sure didn't help.

After trying my best to hear her and remember what she was saying, I went back and read the comments on the most recent IG post and the best way I can sum it up is with Russell's comment "Some believe that fire also cleanses as it consecrates."

She asks me two questions:
1) have I ever been burned - "I like to think so"

2) have you ever burned something you love? "Not that I know of"

Before she hangs up, she says (and this is the only part I recall with any real certainty):"It's going to get darker now. (She pauses) The sun is about to set."

Maybe it is getting dark out there, but here in LA, it'll be another 2 hours before sunset. That is to say, don't think she was being literal.
It has the juice.
Lexthewolf

Excellent write up... like a story, almost.

This person... does it sound like someone familiar or unfamiliar?

I vibe with them.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
haleywilde

did she sound young?
merely someone at the edge.
campbellstruts

Could be a few people. Some that come to mind:

1. Our lady driver that was TERRIFIED during the competition. She would not answer any of my questions and seemed scared.

2. Lamia

3. Dymuntz

4. The Witch

5. Another mysterious person
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Wanda102

I’ve been staring at that photo of the two Elites in front of the fire on and off since it was posted. They’re burning -something- it looks like a jacket or cloak with sleeves that’s been propped up and in flames. An effigy of some kind?

The Redcurve that called Kay made sure to say that we shouldn’t assume they’re returning to form some kind of allegiance with the Elites. Is this fire a cleansing, and also a declaration of intent…or war?
haleywilde

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:19 pm "It's going to get darker now. (She pauses) The sun is about to set."
I don’t know what it says about me that this sentence made me this fucking excited
campbellstruts

Brb, off to make sure literally every single one of my nights are free 😎
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
KAYLYN

So much sadness and despair it seems like. Was she reaching out as saying this is the end for her? Were you her last call. I hate when calls get choppy and you really don't want to be like. I'm sorry I didn't hear all that. Can you repeat that again?.
haleywilde

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:19 pm She asks me two questions:
1) have I ever been burned?
2) have you ever burned something you love?
Just as I’m sure all of our answers to question one would be yes (because i’m sure we’ve all felt “burned” by someone at one point in time), shouldn’t the answer to number two also be yes? If we’re being truthful, haven’t we all burned someone we love, even if unintentionally?

I have the best of intentions when it comes to those I love, but I would be lying if I said I haven’t also hurt them. We all have things that we regret, right? Isn’t that a sign of humanity?
Wanda102

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:19 pm

After trying my best to hear her and remember what she was saying, I went back and read the comments on the most recent IG post and the best way I can sum it up is with Russell's comment "Some believe that fire also cleanses as it consecrates."

She asks me two questions:
1) have I ever been burned - "I like to think so"

2) have you ever burned something you love? "Not that I know of"

Before she hangs up, she says (and this is the only part I recall with any real certainty):"It's going to get darker now. (She pauses) The sun is about to set."

Maybe it is getting dark out there, but here in LA, it'll be another 2 hours before sunset. That is to say, don't think she was being literal.
I’ve been staring at that photo of the two Elites in front of the fire on and off since it was posted. They’re burning -something- it looks like a jacket or cloak with sleeves that’s been propped up and in flames. An effigy of some kind?

All that’s rattling in my empty head from this is “When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.”
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:37 pm
Brianamatopoeia wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:19 pm She asks me two questions:
1) have I ever been burned?
2) have you ever burned something you love?
Just as I’m sure all of our answers to question one would be yes (because i’m sure we’ve all felt “burned” by someone at one point in time), shouldn’t the answer to number two also be yes? If we’re being truthful, haven’t we all burned someone we love, even if unintentionally?

I have the best of intentions when it comes to those I love, but I would be lying if I said I haven’t also hurt them. We all have things that we regret, right? Isn’t that a sign of humanity?

The question wasn't "have you ever hurt someone you loved" the question was "have you ever BURNED something you loved". In the context, it felt like she was asking me if l've ever sacrificed something I loved.
And I might be misremembering, but I recall hearing someTHING and not someONE. And I answered honestly based on what I heard. I don't think I have.
It has the juice.
Lexthewolf

I think we have a name for the young lady who called Briana.

Her name is Lily Redcurve. She's first mentioned in this Instagram post and we are having discussion about it on this thread
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
Brianamatopoeia

Lexthewolf wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:04 pm I think we have a name for the young lady who called Briana.

Her name is Lily Redcurve. She's first mentioned in this Instagram post and we are having discussion about it on this thread
Absolutely yes. Looking off into the distance was exactly how I imagined her. Thousand yard stare. ❤️ 😭 100%
It has the juice.