Call from a Redcurve 8/6

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
UnseenPresence

I just want to say a Redneck Cannibal Circus sounds exactly like my worst nightmare. No wonder they got removed from the area. Whether it was intentional or progress, that kind of group isn't likely to be tolerated by "city folk."

I am trying to be sympathetic to the Redcurve brigade. But now that you bring up circus, it also reminds me that Dorothea also seemed upset by the idea of them being called a "family."

I wonder if they are more of a collection of folk brought together by circumstance. Like carnies or circus folk who are often not related but work as a unit.

I am ALSO more than a little worried about adding all of this together with the idea of food and beings from outside reality.

Because the fae are also traditionally very good at stealing children. Sometimes just stealing, sometimes replacing with a changeling who LOOKS and SOUNDS like the original but isn't actually human...

Oh shit. Changelings also often are created out of weird elements and items and have VERY strange eating habits, sometimes because it's what they need to survive. And sometimes because they are trying to replicate humans but don't really understand. So they do things like...eat a bunch of cottage cheese instead.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
Caboose04

I do have a potential lead with the Circus theory. Going to knock and see if anyone answers. Will update if it's something...
ToCarp

As a parent, i feel there is nothing in the world scarier than my kids not being ok...... this is super scary shit
kassidy.exe

I am totes down with the idea that it was some haunt/circus type beat. Would explain a lot of the circus and clown talk early on in promos
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
haleywilde

Caboose04 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:25 pm Also to add to Campbell's response I think they did more then just the Haunts. From when I was talking with Dorothea and watching Cletums dance. It sounded like they did good ole entertainment. Like wholesome good entertainment. Thinking back I now think he said something about circus maybe? Or I'm trying to get connections to the clowns too. But I am 75% percent sure he mentioned circus briefly..
His shirt stood out to me- "Bobbinos Pizza"

I did some digging and it doesn't seem like Bobbinos exists, so perhaps he worked there? The only thing that pulls up has an address in MO and a phone number, but no real proof of life. No photos exist, no reviews. I tried calling the number just out of curiosity (wouldn't have harassed any poor pizza employee) and it's disconnected.
merely someone at the edge.
haleywilde

haleywilde wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:06 pm
Caboose04 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:25 pm Also to add to Campbell's response I think they did more then just the Haunts. From when I was talking with Dorothea and watching Cletums dance. It sounded like they did good ole entertainment. Like wholesome good entertainment. Thinking back I now think he said something about circus maybe? Or I'm trying to get connections to the clowns too. But I am 75% percent sure he mentioned circus briefly..
His shirt stood out to me- "Bobbinos Pizza"

I did some digging and it doesn't seem like Bobbinos exists, so perhaps he worked there? The only thing that pulls up has an address in MO and a phone number, but no real proof of life. No photos exist, no reviews. I tried calling the number just out of curiosity (wouldn't have harassed any poor pizza employee) and it's disconnected.
Also adding that the same phone number and address is linked to a place called "Meemaw's Place," but again.. no photos, no reviews.
merely someone at the edge.
mart

*can we fix the date on this title to 8/6 ? .. prevent confusion later*
Whoischelsea

Maybe going too far out in theory territory - but seems like they maybe calling you for advice. If they know that you have children and know that you would do anything for them. It seems like they were seeking validation or advice from a motherly figure. Or seeing if you fit into some sort of box they are trying to check.
I figured out how to edit this