BEARING WITNESS ||| Compare and Contrast ||| 8/15

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
blondie

Just a space to cover general discussion of Pia and haley’s experiences that aren’t specific to their original threads.

initial blondie thoughts:

* Pia’s IG post leant into burning something, as Lily talked about in the call with Briana which was later the audio on the Exiled IG post… so Pia was picked to bear witness for the Redcurves. While haley is renowned for her connections to “opie” and “muntzie” so again, logical for her to be picked to bear witness for the Elites

* Dairy Queen - Lily gets a blizzard while Dairy King gets a red dipped cone. Was Lily just getting herself a treat when she had the chance? Or does she suffer from a similar “affliction” (which Erik and I have commented on a lot elsewhere on forum, lol)? Seems pointed that both went to the same place but maybe there isn’t much choice out there for treating yourself on a hot day…

* At the gas station, Lily tells Pia to pay for the motor oil and lighter (reference to burning things again?) which is in contrast to the Elites who literally throw money at people… and left haley gifts and champagne

* Lily is short for Lilith - more on this later. But interesting that haley saw her acting as Dorothea’s right hand. She’s also a bit quirky (probably from living largely outside of mainstream society) but both Pia and haley liked her. She gives off a good vibe

* Dorothea told Pia that there is an afterlife - this made me think a lot about what I studied today in the dictionary from haley’s mystery box - the lily representing rebirth, water/lakes tied to life/death and the journey through and beyond…

* The Redcurves on one hand seem quite glib about Cletums (haley recalls them saying they might kill him anyway for fun), but in contrast, Lily whispers to Pia “if you lose, you’re dead”. Is this more about needing the witch back? But then Madison says to haley that they have “plenty of witches” so is the one they had more important? So many ways to read this when you take both experiences into account!

I’ll cover the witchy stuff in a bit cos that’s my angle. But pleeeeease pull on those threads that interest you.

(Also I wish I was at home so I could try a Dorothea special shot… sounds lovely)
93: Love is the law, love under will.
PiaPol

I have a few more things to note:

when we were leaving the gas station Lily eyed the ice cream freezer near the checkout. She looked like she really wanted some even though she /just/ finished her blizzard.

Dorothea ASKED if he could still strangle Cletums. Ha. I thought it was odd, but considering the context of the secret he told me I wasn’t shocked. I would guess the witch is much more important to them than Clerums is.
haleywilde

PiaPol wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:25 pm
when we were leaving the gas station Lily eyed the ice cream freezer near the checkout. She looked like she really wanted some even though she /just/ finished her blizzard.
okay it is so strange that we both went to dairy queen separately… does Lily have the same affliction that Milkman has???
merely someone at the edge.
someguyinKC

It’s super interesting to me that this is the first fork in the road for the storyline. Either the witch was returned or it wasn’t based on the outcome of the pool game. Not sure if this really has any significance but it’ll make me wonder from here on what would have been different if Haley had kept her lead.
got milk?
opulens
Site Admin

someguyinKC wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:32 pm Not sure if this really has any significance but it’ll make me wonder from here on what would have been different if Haley had kept her lead.
Everything.
Lexthewolf

opulens.

May i ask if you know about the agreement made between the Redcurves and the Elites?
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
PiaPol

someguyinKC wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:32 pm It’s super interesting to me that this is the first fork in the road for the storyline. Either the witch was returned or it wasn’t based on the outcome of the pool game. Not sure if this really has any significance but it’ll make me wonder from here on what would have been different if Haley had kept her lead.
This has haunted me. But if the Elites kept the witch, Cletums would be dead… so we essentially avoided a death here. Which to me is the best outcome.

I also wondered with the whole thing being a show… was there really only one outcome here? Maybe Lily called the shot as “next one in wins” in hopes that it would tilt the odds in her own favor?

I really have taken a shine to the Redcurves. I hope it’s reciprocal!
haleywilde

someguyinKC wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:32 pm It’s super interesting to me that this is the first fork in the road for the storyline. Either the witch was returned or it wasn’t based on the outcome of the pool game. Not sure if this really has any significance but it’ll make me wonder from here on what would have been different if Haley had kept her lead.
I do wonder why no one put up a fuss when Lily just decided to change the rules. If opie says everything would be different, then why wouldn’t Madison have argued? She was fighting for me the whole time (Dorothea was trying to say one of my shots shouldn’t count and she told him it did). Madison must not have cared too much for me to win otherwise she could’ve argued that we play the game to the end. I would’ve definitely won 🤷🏼‍♀️
UnseenPresence

opulens wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:34 pm
Everything.
Not surprised to hear that. At the very least, the Redcurves get someone important (valuable? significant?) back to them.

And even if the Elites have a bunch of witches (and boy that doesn't sound like a coven to me as much as it sounded like a set of cages with disheveled women slowly wearing out from use--be careful what you wish for, blondie!) they still lost a wager. Maybe that doesn't mean much, or maybe such things have power. Again, if you travel down the road of mystical creatures/deities/far/etc., the wager has great significance beyond even the specific stakes. Making one, period, has its own weight and power.

Maybe losing the wager, itself, could impact what comes by shifting the balance ever so slightly to the Redcurves.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
UnseenPresence

Question to you both about the Dairy Queen (and to KC folk a little by extension):

I didn't see this mentioned, but do either of you know if it was the SAME Dairy Queen?

Also, how common ARE DQs in KC?
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
PiaPol

UnseenPresence wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:42 pm
opulens wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:34 pm
Everything.
And even if the Elites have a bunch of witches (and boy that doesn't sound like a coven to me as much as it sounded like a set of cages with disheveled women slowly wearing out from use--be careful what you wish for, blondie!) they still lost a wager. Maybe that doesn't mean much, or maybe such things have power.
I actually asked Lily about if the witch had any autonomy in this and how she was just being.. traded. Ignored.
haleywilde

UnseenPresence wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:43 pm Question to you both about the Dairy Queen (and to KC folk a little by extension):

I didn't see this mentioned, but do either of you know if it was the SAME Dairy Queen?

gonna answer some of your other questions in a second, but the dairy queen right across the street from the bar!
PiaPol

UnseenPresence wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:43 pm Question to you both about the Dairy Queen (and to KC folk a little by extension):

It was the same one. There was only one in Bonner Springs. They’re common but I think they wanted to drive the dairy affliction home.
Wanda102

PiaPol wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:25 pm

Dorothea ASKED if he could still strangle Cletums. Ha. I thought it was odd, but considering the context of the secret he told me I wasn’t shocked. I would guess the witch is much more important to them than Clerums is.
This is unhinged lol. Guess some blood isn’t as thick as the others.
blondie

INTERESTING (TO ME ANYWAY) WITCHY STUFF

LILITH

Not gonna dwell too much on who Lilith was, you all have google for that. But in terms of how we see her in witchcraft:
“Lilith is an icon, symbol and representation of a dark goddess and feminine identity, feminine sexuality, liberation and empowerment.
As the first woman of Adam, Lilith has been forced to feel the pain of rejection, oppression and scorn for seeking equality and being denied to fully express herself, her true nature.
Lilith is like many dark goddesses who have been viewed to be feared, seen as hag-like, demons and scary, but rather this intense raw energy as a dark goddess can be “owned” and use protectively; a weapon that was once used against the Dark Goddess is now in her hands to defend herself.”
When I work with Lilith, usually for empowerment/equality reasons, I will use incense to represent the air, usually sandalwood or rose scented (she also likes patchouli). She is associated with the colours red and black (so if you do crystal work, dark ones are best). And she likes chocolate.

Don’t know if this is important AT ALL, but her sacred day is October 24th - the day she left Eden and also the Sumerian holiday that marks the end of the harvest.

IMG_3544.jpeg
(One of my fav pins)

”THEY HAVE PLENTY OF WITCHES”

Some witches (like me) are solitary, but others work together in a group - a coven. Some say a coven consists of 12 witches (a mockery of the 12 disciplines), meeting at night with the devil for unholy communion… blah blah blah. These days, it’s just a group of practicing witches that work together to combine their power and intentions, share their experiences, and support each other.

If there’s a coven of Redcurve witches, this is both powerful and intriguing to me…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PiaPol

blondie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:14 pm If there’s a coven of Redcurve witches, this is both powerful and intriguing to me…
I interpreted it as the Elite’s having plenty of witches, so losing one was essentially not a big deal for them.
blondie

PiaPol wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:20 pm
blondie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:14 pm If there’s a coven of Redcurve witches, this is both powerful and intriguing to me…
I interpreted it as the Elite’s having plenty of witches, so losing one was essentially not a big deal for them.
Ohhhhhh… well if the Elites have lots, maybe the Redcurves need MORE. They can consider the ritual I did as my audition.