Social Media Posts

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
haleywilde

Going to pull a Blondie and try to organize a little bit (I’m sure Opulens will tell me if I’m out of line) so maybe we can discuss all new social media posts here!
merely someone at the edge.
haleywilde

On the newest reel, the caption is:

“ l'd heard I'd be meeting Chiefs, instead I'm meeting chimps. KANSAS CITY, is there someone here ready to take bigger, human-sized strides with me? Comment below, and say hello..”

Thoughts on “chimps” and “human-sized”??? strange wording
acidstads

Oh good thread idea!
I know they just posted on insta with the video of Matt in his experience super imposed with the video he put on youtube.
The post then states
I'd heard I'd be meeting Chiefs, instead I'm meeting chimps, KANSAS CITY, is there someone here ready to take bigger, human strides with me?
Comment below, and say hello

Definitely feels like their mocking and challenging people at the same time to entice people in KC to take part. I assume they're already preparing for the next live experience that will continue to deliver hints/develop the story further. Will be interesting to see who they can get.
acidstads

haleywilde wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:22 pm On the newest reel, the caption is:

“ l'd heard I'd be meeting Chiefs, instead I'm meeting chimps. KANSAS CITY, is there someone here ready to take bigger, human-sized strides with me? Comment below, and say hello..”

Thoughts on “chimps” and “human-sized”??? strange wording
So interesting thing here. Even though they're comparing chimps vs human strides. If you go by evolution then chimps are lower in the evolutionary ladder. They may be implying for people to evolve or develop themselves further? Chimps are often depicted as hunched over and crawling a more vulnerable position as opposed to a human that stands upright which is more confident and strong. I think the gist is they want stronger people? Could imply the next live experience and the ones after it only get more intense.
UnseenPresence

acidstads wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:32 pm I think the gist is they want stronger people? Could imply the next live experience and the ones after it only get more intense.
Makes sense given the phone call Matt got at the end of his experience. More intense seems on point.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
haleywilde

ok the chimp thing was bothering me because it felt so random, so i did a little digging—

apparently there’s something called the “chimp paradox,” which states: “the metaphor of a chimp illustrate[s] the irrational and impulsive part of our brain that often dominates our behavior. Complementing this, the human part of our brain represents our logical thinking and ability to make considered decisions. A core concept is that the chimp, being five times stronger than the human, can overpower our rational thought-processes and trigger quick reactions born from emotion and instinct.”

long story short, they’re just calling us monkey brained. which definitely makes sense alongside the most recent post from opulens. we all need to take a breath and tap into our human brain a little more lol
cd3vane

haleywilde wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:19 am ok the chimp thing
Did it say chimps last night? I'm just seeing the post now but currently it says "chumps"
Screaming into the void
someguyinKC

cd3vane wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:26 am
Did it say chimps last night? I'm just seeing the post now but currently it says "chumps"
I just saw it this morning but I’m seeing chumps also. I do love all the ideas on chimps though 😂
got milk?
campbellstruts

In efforts to recruit people, I've shared their posts on Facebook to several groups that I'm involved in; saw, Kansas City, Northland, etc. Hopefully that will garner more attention. I'm also sharing instagram posts to get people more involved, snapchat, Tumblr, etc. Hopefully the people will come flooding in soon!
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Caboose04

Yeah sounds like they are trying to get more involved. They made a KC Post on here telling them to say hello.

I read "Chumps" on the post last night when I saw it so, I
was tripping out reading everyone say Chimps and I had to go back and look. I am not sure if they typo'd and they edited it if you are even able to see that.
Caboose04

I too reached out to a friend that lives in KC to try and get them involved and to get others. It was out of the blue so I probably sounded like a complete weirdo and trying to scam them 🤣🤣🤣
haleywilde

lmao I have a screenshot to prove it said chimps. I’m not seeing things… yet
Caboose04

haleywilde wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:41 am
lmao I have a screenshot to prove it said chimps. I’m not seeing things… yet
Oh nice!! Haha that's definitely good and glad you aren't seeing things and everyone is crazy "yet" either :P
haleywilde

the post I made above is a direct copy and paste, so they changed “human-sized” to “bigger” too 🤔
campbellstruts

Write that down. WRITE THAT DOWN.

On a serious note, we are going to have to screenshot and save the original posts for EVERYTHING. Because it looks like they're rewriting all the old stuff and we need to keep track of the changes.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
haleywilde

campbellstruts wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:48 am Write that down. WRITE THAT DOWN.

On a serious note, we are going to have to screenshot and save the original posts for EVERYTHING. Because it looks like they're rewriting all the old stuff and we need to keep track of the changes.
Does anyone have a record of the changes so far?
acidstads

So far they've changed chimps to chumps and then removed human from the original which now says bigger strides. It doesn't look like they've changed anything else. None of the prior posts have been changed either. I wonder if they've changed some of their replies though.
haleywilde

I know there were some misspellings, etc. earlier but I missed that part of things. I’m not sure if the captions were changed or if the posts as a whole were deleted.

If I remember correctly, it was due to their dissatisfaction with Dan’s quality of work. So it’s interesting that “mistakes” would still be happening after their promise of a “higher quality of production” and what I’m assuming was a taking of the reins from the new team.
someguyinKC

Not to completely derail the conversation on the edits, I think that's definitely something, but have we already discussed the early social media posts with the chalkboard and cryptic, pentagram looking thing?

Blondie, are you @blondiecamps on IG? What was that about? How was class?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8sbfRoMYap ... A4NGhrNDJo
got milk?
acidstads

Hmm maybe Dan wrote that original post then and the team dissatisfied with it changed it? There's a very snarky response to (I'm assuming Opulens) responded to someone with "Whereabouts in Kansas City are you, person famous for living in LA?"