A Feast On The 21st

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
PiaPol

Ok so I have been thinking A LOT about the feast mentioned in the contract. Feeling incredibly foolish and guilty for not reading the contract more closely… so this is my contribution to uncovering upcoming events.

I did a cursory search to see if I could find anything that would line up for August, September, or October 21st.

AUGUST 21: The Festival of Hecate

-An invocation of the goddess Hecate to protect the harvest.

-This is day & night of the Dark Mother, of Earth & Sky, Keeper of the Crossroads, Seer of the Unknown, Queen of the Witches.

-This day is Hecate’s ascension from the underworld, with offerings of Earth, Heart, and Soul.

-Ways to honor Hecate:
Offerings of eggs, lavender, honey, garlic, baked goods, incense, candles, daggers, keys… and having your dog familiar by your side.

SEPTEMBER 21-22: Mabon

-Autumnal Equinox. Harvest date.

-A time of balance & harmony. Night & day are equal. (Light & shadow)

-Marks a transition to the approaching darkness of winter.

-Give thanks for harvest, offerings & ceremonies to celebrate the change from the light half of the year to dark.

-Themes of life, death, and rebirth.

-Traditionally celebrated with a feast.

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but wanted to start a discussion here.
UnseenPresence

I have been thinking about Mabon ever since your recap of events. Given the ongoing themes of darkness and light, sun and shadow, the idea of it referencing the equinox could be VERY in theme and importance.

The Hecate ritual is also an interesting choice. It brings up a thought that I'll have to post later after I get home, but it could also have relevance.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
haleywilde

Wasn't the plane ticket that Tim was sent in his mystery box meant for September 20th-22nd? Maybe he was originally invited for the feast... 😬
merely someone at the edge.
PiaPol

haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:32 pm Wasn't the plane ticket that Tim was sent in his mystery box meant for September 20th-22nd? Maybe he was originally invited for the feast... 😬
Excellent observation! All signs point to.. Mabon.

Godspeed, Tim.
haleywilde

Lining up with September 21st as well is the "balance of shadow and light"

I don't know if you remember her exact quote Pia, but Madison did mention the agreement being "in shadow and light."
PiaPol

haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:44 pm Lining up with September 21st as well is the "balance of shadow and light"

I don't know if you remember her exact quote Pia, but Madison did mention the agreement being "in shadow and light."
Oh I remember… there were a few exchanges that stuck with me. That one did for sure.

I swear the contract didn’t say Mabon, though… it sounded sinister.
haleywilde

I wish I remembered what I saw about Hallow's Eve, but I'm pretty sure I was in the middle of looking at that section when Darren told me to just sign it. However, I've had my eye on coming on Halloween so my interest is definitely piqued...

There's so many rituals that happen on All Hallow's Eve... "dancing, feasting, taking nature walks, and building altars to honor their ancestors." There's a world of opportunities.
cd3vane

PiaPol wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:22 pm eggs
There were eggs in the truck from one of your experiences, right? Case closed :monacle:
Screaming into the void
PiaPol

haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:53 pm I wish I remembered what I saw about Hallow's Eve, but I'm pretty sure I was in the middle of looking at that section when Darren told me to just sign it. However, I've had my eye on coming on Halloween so my interest is definitely piqued...

There's so many rituals that happen on All Hallow's Eve... "dancing, feasting, taking nature walks, and building altars to honor their ancestors." There's a world of opportunities.
It’s when the veil is at its thinnest… spooooky!
PiaPol

cd3vane wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:53 pm
There were eggs in the truck from one of your experiences, right? Case closed :monacle:
Things that stood out to me: Queen of the Witches, eggs, dog familiar at your side… things we have all been seeing. The eggs may just be a coincidence but you never know! Ha

Both events have some real possibility of being the feast in the contract!
haleywilde

cd3vane wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:53 pm
The eggs were fucking weird lol I kept looking at them to make sure the dark wasn't playing tricks on me
Wanda102

Hecate is the goddess of Night, patron of witches, very frequently associated with Halloween.

I think you and Haley have provided some really interesting details here.
blondie

Technically, we’re already celebrating the feast of Hecate as it starts on August 13th (when she descended into the underworld) and culminates on August 24th, the most important dates within that time being 13th-15th and the 21st.

Mabon tho 🤔 don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Great work.
93: Love is the law, love under will.
blondie

PiaPol wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:47 pm I swear the contract didn’t say Mabon, though… it sounded sinister.
Feast of the Ingathering???
PiaPol

blondie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:14 am
PiaPol wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:47 pm I swear the contract didn’t say Mabon, though… it sounded sinister.
Feast of the Ingathering???
I don’t think so? I may never remember, though. 😅

Also, thank you for the “atta boy” 🥰
blondie

My process has been:

Mabon -> other names for Mabon -> Feast of the Ingathering -> aka Feast of Tabernacles (Wed, 16 Oct 2024 – Wed, 23 Oct) -> October 21st -> Feast of Saint Ursula (whose only church is in Ceredigion, Wales)

Not proving very helpful, sorry
PiaPol

blondie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:37 am My process has been:

Mabon -> other names for Mabon -> Feast of the Ingathering -> aka Feast of Tabernacles (Wed, 16 Oct 2024 – Wed, 23 Oct) -> October 21st -> Feast of Saint Ursula (whose only church is in Ceredigion, Wales)

Not proving very helpful, sorry
You may be right. It very well could have been Feast of the Ingathering! I would be willing to bet that’s our answer.
blondie

Okies, well if it’s Feast of Ingathering then that’s linked to Mabon, and Mabon I can help with. Cos Mabon was named after a figure from Welsh mythology.

Mabon was also known as Mabon ap Modron (of Modron, or son of Modron). Modron is the Earth Mother goddess and Mabon is known as the “Child of Light”.

There’s a whole Arthurian strand but I don’t think it’s helpful and all the Welsh names get a little confusing 🤣 - for more info, you can check out this article. The only bit that caught my attention was that he was stolen as a baby and kept as a prisoner for a veeeerrrrry long time until he went to go kill some impossible to kill dogs or something.

Mabon, the Feast of Ingathering, Thanksgiving… they’re all essentially the same tradition with different flavours - harvest festivals. After you bring in the harvest, you have a celebration. To party after all that hard work, to say thank you for the bounty you have received, and before you hunker down for the dark months of winter that lie ahead. In these terms, the harvest is fruit, vegetables, grain… but in this situation, it could be a harvest of another kind…
cd3vane

PiaPol wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:22 pm

-This is day & night of the Dark Mother, of Earth & Sky, Keeper of the Crossroads, Seer of the Unknown, Queen of the Witches.

-This day is Hecate’s ascension from the underworld, with offerings of Earth, Heart, and Soul.

-Ways to honor Hecate:
Offerings of eggs, lavender, honey, garlic, baked goods, incense, candles, daggers, keys… and having your dog familiar by your side.
Happy Festival of Hecate to all who celebrate! We will be passing around the basket please kindly put your eggs, daggers and assorted baked goods in and no skimping out this year I'm sensing bountiful harvest blessings in our future!
Screaming into the void
SlightlyChard

cd3vane wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:33 am
PiaPol wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:22 pm

-Ways to honor Hecate:
Happy Festival of Hecate to all who celebrate! We will be passing around the basket please kindly put your eggs, daggers and assorted baked goods in and no skimping out this year I'm sensing bountiful harvest blessings in our future!

**Cletums proceeds to barf in the basket**
Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.