The Story So Far

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
someguyinKC

Figured we could see what they put together for us and how it compares to the red string and mandelbrot patterns we've put together for ourselves.

The first thing that stuck out to me was that "it became clear that these shadowy figured had a twisted plan, to restore the land Exiled sad on to its original owners."
So it was the Elites' idea to get the land back to the Redcurves? I think this goes with the idea that DLB said they were putting on act for Haley and Pia.

Also, the Redcurves would only reclaim their land if they "adhere to the old ways". I'm assuming this was in the contract. So they may not necessarily WANT to do the things they're about to do to us, but the Elites for SURE want them to let us have it.

What else did you brilliant people take from this or any of the other stuff that came to light today?
got milk?
campbellstruts

I noticed how in the video it was barefoot man, and milkman that were holding back Dan. I mean, we knew that Dan was kind of under pressure and under the boot a little bit, but that just solidified that they are seriously working against him.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
campbellstruts

ALSO ALSO ALSO.

Considering my cannibalism theory. Yall saw the recent media from exiled right? With all the torn up skeletons and fleshy bits and the face being peeled back right???

AND THE QUESTIONNAIRE??? ABOUT WHAT BODY PART YOU WOULD RATHER EAT???

Cannibalism. I am telling you
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
SlightlyChard

Rites of passage...the old ways...KC BBQ...LOL
Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.
cd3vane

someguyinKC wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:00 am
Also, the Redcurves would only reclaim their land if they "adhere to the old ways". I'm assuming this was in the contract. So they may not necessarily WANT to do the things they're about to do to us, but the Elites for SURE want them to let us have it.
This part is really interesting to me and may not bode very well for the Redcurves if "the old ways" are not their ways they may be in much deeper than they know how to control. Maybe this is part of why DLB has been so frightened and upset with his choices not only for himself and potentially his family but for putting the Redcurves and all of us in the way of some seriously dark shit, "These aren't mere traditions but dark, unspeakable rituals; acts that defy the natural order and call upon forces best left undisturbed."

This also leads me to even more confusion about the piece of information we got from Haley's experience that Dorothea chose Kansas. Did he choose this knowing that a deal would be made with these conditions? How deep in the Elites is he that he was allowed to choose? From everything we've seen it seems the Elites are the ones pulling the strings but somehow he was able to choose KC, even upsetting some of the elites who have talked negatively about having to be there. I feel like there is something there that we are missing that would make that make more sense and I'd love to hear if anyone else has a different interpretation of how that could have gone down!
Screaming into the void
lazysmartperson

cd3vane wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:32 pm This also leads me to even more confusion about the piece of information we got from Haley's experience that Dorothea chose Kansas. Did he choose this knowing that a deal would be made with these conditions? How deep in the Elites is he that he was allowed to choose? From everything we've seen it seems the Elites are the ones pulling the strings but somehow he was able to choose KC, even upsetting some of the elites who have talked negatively about having to be there. I feel like there is something there that we are missing that would make that make more sense and I'd love to hear if anyone else has a different interpretation of how that could have gone down!
This! This is one of the edge pieces to this massive puzzle. Madison blaming Dorothea for picking KC suggests some history between the two seemingly unconnected factions. With Darren commenting about the document signing being an act, I have to wonder if the whole Dorothea persona is also an act.
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
Lexthewolf

Feelin a bit chaotic today so here’s a crackpot conspiracy

Wouldn’t it be the biggest plot twist if Dorothea is an act? What if Dorothea is VS?
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
UnseenPresence

I get the very, very strong impression that the Elites remain firmly in control of everything happening here.

The Elites sound like a real-life version of the conspiracies like "drinking the blood of the innocent to remain young" or other such things that I always believed were nonsense... but maybe aren't.

Imagine this as what has happened:

The Elites go looking around the world for their next "ritual space." Lots of groups have been Exiled from lots of places around the world. Especially groups that follow older ways. The ways of the old gods. The ways of the pagans, or Wiccans, or Norse. Whatever it may be. The gods who were more likely to want sacrifices.

The Elites seek out these people and offer them possibilities, but only if they "want them." In this case, they offer Dorothea the chance to be considered. Dorothea says yes--effectively "choosing Kansas" as a potential site.

The Elites then spin their wheel of possible choices and Kansas comes up, to the consternation of some of the Elites. They come to KC and offer the full deal to the Redcurves, provided they follow all the rules/regulations/rituals the Elites want them to follow.

And that brings us to the haunt. The Elites sit in their tent, feeding off whatever it is the Redcurves do to the guests. Or perhaps they use the Redcurves as a smokescreen for what they are really doing in there. Either way, the Redcurves get what they want: retribution. And the Elites get what they want -- their next feeding or ritual or, hell, maybe just their next night of fun in ways that only the exceptionally wealthy can imagine, using answers from questions as their inspiration.

And the guests end up being the offering in multiple ways.

No idea how right or wrong I am, but if I were in Darren's shoes and this is even close, I'd be scared too.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
mart

UnseenPresence wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:49 am
The Elites seek out these people and offer them possibilities, but only if they "want them." In this case, they offer Dorothea the chance to be considered. Dorothea says yes--effectively "choosing Kansas" as a potential site.
If Kansas was on this wheel they spun, where else was on this?
What if,.. they are Portals to hell?
Urban Legend has it that Stull, KS (starting back around the 70s) Has a Gate to hell in an old abandoned church.
This is less than an hour drive from The Redcurves Land.
UnseenPresence

mart wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:20 pm
If Kansas was on this wheel they spun, where else was on this?
What if,.. they are Portals to hell?
Urban Legend has it that Stull, KS (starting back around the 70s) Has a Gate to hell in an old abandoned church.
This is less than an hour drive from The Redcurves Land.
First, that's an awesome and terrible idea.

Second, do you have any links to this urban legend? Or know it in detail, cause I would love to learn/hear more.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
mart

UnseenPresence wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:53 pm
First, that's an awesome and terrible idea.

Second, do you have any links to this urban legend? Or know it in detail, cause I would love to learn/hear more.
I don't find much detail on this, which intrigues me further. Very small town then and still. Gives it a feeling that the "Stullians" could have spent some time running the occult people out of town before the town could meet it's final dissolution.

It's still something of an urban legend that gets tossed around though and hasn't died yet.
mart

Also, the mentions of "This could have been Rome".
There is also a more well known Gate to Hell near Pamukkale, Turkey which was within the Roman Empire.
As in Rome was on the wheel, also.