Call from Darren | 08.16.24

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:39 am
haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:27 am
Dymuntz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:21 am
He is whatever I call him, and I saw you plenty while you were here ;)
Hope you enjoyed the amenities! Your bed was very comfortable and I’m told your jacuzzi was easy to clean.

And yes, I loved your gift. You chose colors almost as pretty as you.
Had a feeling that you were the culprit of that mirror message.
I loved all the gifts- thank you! Especially the hat and socks.. you seem to have done your research.

Did I see you as well, or were you just watching from the shadows?
It just hit me that Madison was applying red lipstick in front of me in the car. Coincidence or confirmation that it was you I spent the day with? If so, you definitely have earned the friend title.
Out of curiosity- who are you not "besties" with? I feel like at this point- it's everyone! Which...I can't lie, somehow feels like a facade. But hey! What's more authentic than a sworn allegiance to everyone?
It has the juice.
haleywilde

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:02 am
Out of curiosity- who are you not "besties" with? I feel like at this point- it's everyone! Which...I can't lie, somehow feels like a facade. But hey! What's more authentic than a sworn allegiance to everyone?
My apologies, I must've forgotten that you're allergic to friendship.

God forbid I make two whole friends in this experience.
merely someone at the edge.
blondie

Briana, who hurt you?
93: Love is the law, love under will.
cd3vane

haleywilde wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:48 pm I do wonder if this call has anything to do with what I said in my post.
But as I was skimming, Darren told me to just sign it, and I agreed. In my defense, Darren, I trust you and I always have. Signing something you've given me in the past has never done me wrong before, so I trusted that you wouldn't hand me something that would harm me. I also consider Morgan to be my friend, and he was there as well. If you guys wanted me to sign something, I would sign it. You know that...
Does he feel guilty? Is he in over his head and is making decisions that he isn't proud of?
This call definitely makes me think that we might be starting to see a deeper darker side of Darren here or at least that he might think that he has already done something terrible to people who he sees trust him.
Screaming into the void
ToCarp

haleywilde wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:37 pm Now I'm just stuck thinking about what he asked. I answered honestly... I do think there is a couple of people in my life who I love and have seen me at some of my darkest moments.

But in the spirit of vulnerability, it is one of my deepest fears. To be really seen, and not be loved. To be abandoned. That fear is always there... it doesn't really ever go away, does it?

Damn Haley..... Vulnerability, This is one of my greatest fears as well, to not be loved back by someone I love, to be abandoned, to again be the little kid waiting at the door for no one to show.... being hurt. UGH 😮‍💨 🥺😭
ToCarp

opulens wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:01 am
Kaymart wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:00 pm He's fine, their fine, we are all fine.......Everything is fine! 🥴😅
*They're.
LOL I noticed too opie, but wasn't going to be that guy on the forum ..😬
Timsmyname

I hurt Briana. It was me.
campbellstruts

haleywilde wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:33 pm Just received a pretty dark and deep call from Darren. He didn't introduce himself, but he didn't have to. He sounded, almost.. sad.

It popped up as No Caller ID, so I answered it. I said hello a couple of times, but there was just silence.

He asked, "is there someone in your life right now that you love?"

"Yes."

more silence.

"Do you think that if the person you love saw the deepest, darkest parts of you. Who you really are, deep down. The darkest parts of yourself that you don't show, don't post on Instagram... do you think they would still love you?"

I pause. "I like to think so."

I feel concerned for him. It was an odd call..
Darren, I hope you're doing okay out there.
So this could go several different ways.

One detail I want to get out of the way first, is that in several different interviews about immersive experiences/horror/haunts, Darren has mentioned several times that traditional scares don't typically or wouldn't typically work on him, but for example, ever since he became a father, his worst fear is something happening to his kids, or basically his family as a whole. It was also brought up that SOMEBODY pretty much has dossiers on everybody involved in this haunt. We know this because of Haley's SSN being revealed to her as well as Pink Socks saying that "they" have information on everyone.

I bring up both of these BECAUSE maybe the call from Darren was a way of telling Haley "Hey, just so you know, we have all of this information about you and it would really suck if your loved ones saw all of this dirt". Maybe it was a threat disguised as a weird phone call.

Maybe Darren did not realize what he was getting himself involved in when he was working on this project, and he didn't realize that this was quickly evolving into malicious blackmail as an effort to gain control one way or another.

Maybe they have done the exact same thing to him - blackmail.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
campbellstruts

I also want to point out that at the very beginning when I was just getting involved in this haunt, I responded to one of Darren's Instagram stories (can't remember what is was) just saying that I was happy to be involved in the haunt, and he responded: "...you seem cool. be careful"

Take that as you will, but it could be interpreted a few different ways. One being he knew of the danger and was warning me, or he was just trying to let me know that immersive haunts can be a lot and to be careful in that sense. Whatever you take of it
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:52 am
Brianamatopoeia wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:02 am
My apologies, I must've forgotten that you're allergic to friendship.

God forbid I make two whole friends in this experience.
Haha, that's fair, I'm sorry. Do your thing!
It has the juice.
haleywilde

ToCarp wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:43 am
haleywilde wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:37 pm Now I'm just stuck thinking about what he asked. I answered honestly... I do think there is a couple of people in my life who I love and have seen me at some of my darkest moments.

But in the spirit of vulnerability, it is one of my deepest fears. To be really seen, and not be loved. To be abandoned. That fear is always there... it doesn't really ever go away, does it?

Damn Haley..... Vulnerability, This is one of my greatest fears as well, to not be loved back by someone I love, to be abandoned, to again be the little kid waiting at the door for no one to show.... being hurt. UGH 😮‍💨 🥺😭
Oh man... that last sentence. 😭 Darren already sent me into an existential crisis last night, and that was a punch to the gut. Back to ruminating on his question, once again! haha
blondie

Weird question haley… you definitely didn’t hand over your phone to them at any point? They just said about Bran smashing his phone that they liked “this other device” better… and now Campbell has me thinking about them somehow getting dirt on you…
93: Love is the law, love under will.
haleywilde

blondie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:45 pm Weird question haley… you definitely didn’t hand over your phone to them at any point? They just said about Bran smashing his phone that they liked “this other device” better… and now Campbell has me thinking about them somehow getting dirt on you…
No one ever touched my phone. It stayed in my pocket the whole time 🤷🏼‍♀️ Apparently Madison trusted me?
Brianamatopoeia

blondie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:45 pm Weird question haley… you definitely didn’t hand over your phone to them at any point? They just said about Bran smashing his phone that they liked “this other device” better… and now Campbell has me thinking about them somehow getting dirt on you…
Dymunts already let her know that she knows everything about her, would they need to bug her phone? It would be quite the flex, just to show they COULD, but I feel like they've already proven they have her number literally and figuratively? idk
It has the juice.
Caboose04

I think they were implying they have a way and got in my "new" phone. That's how I took it. I haven't received any phone calls since so who knows. :P
haleywilde

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:52 pm
Dymunts already let her know that she knows everything about her, would they need to bug her phone? It would be quite the flex, just to show they COULD, but I feel like they've already proven they have her number literally and figuratively? idk
Also, until they put the hood over me and put me in the woods, I just felt like a guest. They picked me up in a nice car, put me in a nice hotel room with champagne and gifts, and they never took my phone or my camera. Madison sat in the back next to me and was just chatting with me here and there as we drove. I wouldn't say an equal, because she had me open the door for them and used me as a pawn to play their game, but she was giving me tips while I played pool and wasn't even angry when I lost.
campbellstruts

Caboose04 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:56 pm
I think they were implying they have a way and got in my "new" phone. That's how I took it. I haven't received any phone calls since so who knows. :P
This is probably a really terrible idea, but it should be brought up because it’s a great way to play the process of elimination game.

You smashed your old device and they mentioned that they liked the new device better.

Has anyone asked them to prove it? And I know that I’m probably asking for a world of hurt just by saying that. Has anyone asked them to prove that they have access to your device in some way beyond what you post publicly?

Just because it’s entirely possible that it may be an empty threat. not saying that it is, but it would be helpful to have some idea what we’re dealing with.
haleywilde

haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:39 am
haleywilde wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:27 am
Dymuntz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:21 am
He is whatever I call him, and I saw you plenty while you were here ;)
Hope you enjoyed the amenities! Your bed was very comfortable and I’m told your jacuzzi was easy to clean.

And yes, I loved your gift. You chose colors almost as pretty as you.
Had a feeling that you were the culprit of that mirror message.
I loved all the gifts- thank you! Especially the hat and socks.. you seem to have done your research.

Did I see you as well, or were you just watching from the shadows?
It just hit me that Madison was applying red lipstick in front of me in the car. Coincidence or confirmation that it was you I spent the day with? If so, you definitely have earned the friend title.
Hi, friend! There's some discussion about whether or not you are in fact Madison. I would love to be able to be able to either combine or separate the two of you in my mind moving forward. Any chance you'll clear the confusion?