This Has Always Been Our Land- IG Post 8/20

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Brianamatopoeia

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-5Ptzvp ... BiNWFlZA==

"It's time we all meet...tickets on sale now."
It has the juice.
opulens
Site Admin

People seem a little distracted currently, something must have happened.

Blessings.
campbellstruts

happy to see Mr. Barefoot, but ngl a little disappointed that I didn’t see my cameraman from experience no.1 πŸ˜”
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
mart

opulens wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:18 am People seem a little distracted currently, something must have happened.

Blessings.
Distracted is an understatement. This is worse than Xmas morning,... It's FUCKING HALLOWEEN TIME!!
haleywilde

Seems interesting that the OPULENCE tent is all caps when opie prefers his opulence to be quiet... are we sure this is opie's tent at all?

(if it is, opie, you better put my name on the guest list as "bestie," and you better be allowed to talk to me)
merely someone at the edge.
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:08 am Seems interesting that the OPULENCE tent is all caps when opie prefers his opulence to be quiet... are we sure this is opie's tent at all?

(if it is, opie, you better put my name on the guest list as "bestie," and you better be allowed to talk to me)
Ooooh, where did they say the OPULENCE tent was opulens'? I think I missed that. I have a feeling you'll run into some familiar faces in there, either way. At least one of your "besties" will make an appearance, I'm sure lol
It has the juice.
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:08 am Seems interesting that the OPULENCE tent is all caps when opie prefers his opulence to be quiet... are we sure this is opie's tent at all?

But this is a really interesting observation! Definitely makes me consider the differences (and similarities, naturally) between OPULENCE and opulens.
It has the juice.
haleywilde

Brianamatopoeia wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:48 pm

Ooooh, where did they say the OPULENCE tent was opulens'? I think I missed that. I have a feeling you'll run into some familiar faces in there, either way. At least one of your "besties" will make an appearance, I'm sure lol
I saw a few people mentioning it off hand when saying they got tickets.. about how they want to take a shot with opie in the OPULENCE tent. But I do feel like perhaps the all caps is intentional πŸ₯²
Lexthewolf

So a deal was made. They get their land back at the cost of having to follow "the old ways".

What are these old ways? We don't know yet!

I would LOOOOOVE to get a copy of the agreement Haley signed ;) ;)
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:05 pm
Brianamatopoeia wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:48 pm

I saw a few people mentioning it off hand when saying they got tickets.. about how they want to take a shot with opie in the OPULENCE tent. But I do feel like perhaps the all caps is intentional πŸ₯²
Oh! Haha! Just to clarify, when I joked about you other besties, I was referring to Madison and Dairy King and any of the other elites you met in KC. A shot with opulens sounds amazing, but anyone offering bubbles is my bestie! I hope they have good champagne! 😍 that's my absolute fav!
It has the juice.
lazysmartperson

noticed in the video that it looks like the effigy has a mask that falls. it kinda looks like the wood witch mask
β€œEvery blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
haleywilde

lazysmartperson wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:50 pm Image

noticed in the video that it looks like the effigy has a mask that falls. it kinda looks like the wood witch mask
I agree that it looks like it could be a wood witch mask. however, it’s interesting to note that do take a knee πŸ‘€
SlightlyChard

Gentle reminder that our Wood Witch isn't the only one with a mask like that. Others have been seen in earlier promotional material.
Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.
blondie

On a very basic level:
β€œMasks can be used in witchcraft rituals to symbolise supernatural forces, spirits of the dead, and totem animals. They can also be used to transform the wearer's identity and imbue them with power. Some say that wearing a mask in a ritual can transport the wearer to other realms and give voice to things that are unspoken. It can also place the wearer between the living and the dead, the present and the past, and this world and the Otherworld.”
93: Love is the law, love under will.
Lexthewolf

Mask symbolism:

I guess this stems from personal experience as someone with autism/ADHD. Masking in the context of autism/ADHD means to hide the autistic traits and/or to assimilate. Take it with a pinch of salt.

In a social context, everyone wears different masks for different occasions / different groups of people. Masks are basically... facets of a personality. An example could be someone wearing a "professional" mask in a work oriented setting or whatever. When you wear a mask you are hiding aspects of yourself and only allowing certain things to be visible. When you're comfortable with a colleague you might slowly allow the mask to slip, revealing... a bit more of your personality... but you never quite show them all.

We still have a long way to go, and we've already seen the mask begin to slip -- cracks have been showing in the fourth wall since day one.... there's only a matter of time before it shatters.

Let. Chaos. Come.
Lexthewolf

I assume Pink Socks risked a lot for those messages. He mentioned "they talk a lot about rabbit holes and now my life is consumed by one." (I haven't heard from them since)
VS made a post on IG directed to ||| and dlb (the directors -- are the directors in control? or is VS in control?)
Madelyn and another Exiled staff member visited Caboose and asked for his help. They were paranoid.
Madelyn posted about being angry Dan and Jen sold the haunt off, VS told her to check her DMs, and then the post got deleted. She made another post "fucking babies"

That's why I think the mask symbolism is important. Only in this trailer did we see the mask completely fall. This could ALSO be another Mandelbrot pattern in my delicious looking cheese. :P