Phone call from Dymuntz

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
campbellstruts

Phone call from Dymuntz

Phone rings, no caller ID - I pick up.

Voice on the other end sounds like dymuntz/lamia, so I clarify that it’s Dymuntz. She says, “hello soupy”

Dymuntz tells me to turn my recorder off, to which I reply that I am literally in bed with my phone and only my phone so there’s no way I would record it in the first place lol.

She asks me how I’m doing and how she hopes she’s not interrupting my night. I say that I’m just getting done watching scary movies with my friend and I was just getting ready for bed.

She asks me about blondie’s post. I reply asking which one (it was a long day and lots of activity today, haha) and I asked if it was one that she made today.

Dymuntz responded yes that the post was made today. I said I’m not sure, I’ll have to go and take notes and check coz we’ve had a lot of information come today.

I told her that I was glad that blondie got a phone call because at least it means more information and more activity.

She mentioned something along the lines of people getting frustrated at certain bits of information and some things not being said or certain tidbits of information not being correct, again it was hard to remember the phone call word for word.

But I mentioned that yes I had seen people getting frustrated. She mentioned a metaphor about how sometimes people will get frustrated at a mouse being a mouse, but that it never claimed to be anything other than a mouse.

Dymuntz mentioned that it has been very busy and like hell on their side of things. I mentioned that that didn’t sound so good, to which she responded that it’s not always a bad thing.

She mentioned that opulens had asked to check on me and so she would entertain him just this once. I asked her how he was doing, and that was nice of him, and she mentioned that he’s a busy boy.

She mentioned something about these directors being overwhelmed/scatterbrained or something similar, To which I responded, “DARREN???” And she was like, “maybe”

I told her that from my point of view, yes, it looked like he was very overwhelmed and in over his head. She confirmed that it was fun watching him scurry/scramble (details are fuzzy, sorry.)

She mentioned something about how opulens had not asked for permission before trying to set up meeting up for coffee with Matt, and she wanted to get my opinion on that. I mentioned that I think she should let him go for coffee, because me and haley are barred from talking to him and this is the next best way to get info. I figured as long as she is okay with it that she should let him, to which she said she would think about it.

She said something like “I’ll be honest with you, I’m naked in bed *something something*…you’re my last phone call of the night and I hope you will be better off at relaying information than the fresh meat” (paraphrasing).

Then said her classic blessings and hung up.

What an interesting phone call, and thank you for reaching out Dymuntz 😚 now to get myself caught up!!!
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
campbellstruts

Before I forget, she mentioned something about being happy that I was devoted to them or that I was doing things for them. To which I mentioned that I had lots of artwork that I was working on, and I am always happy to make more artwork for them. Just wanted to mention that before I forgot lol
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Dymuntz

You forgot the part where you giggled when I told you I was naked.
campbellstruts

Dymuntz wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:52 pm You forgot the part where you giggled when I told you I was naked.
Nervous giggle I promise. 😭👍🏻
Lexthewolf

Interesting phone call indeed!

A mouse is a mouse and it's never claimed to be something else. That's the part that sticks out to me. Given everything that's happened in the past week, that sticks out to me most. This might be their way of telling us we're looking too far into things? my brain feels like a scrambled egg today.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
lazysmartperson

i hope that Dymuntz allows opulens the coffee date. assuming that coffee is just coffee...
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
Caboose04

Damn today was super active. Lots of info. I am happy she contacted you! I know you've reached out a few times. I agree about letting opie getting some coffee or even a beer!
maloree.keeker

lazysmartperson wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:19 am i hope that Dymuntz allows opulens the coffee date. assuming that coffee is just coffee...
I work in coffee- it’s never *just* coffee. It IS psl season tho so I hope they get to enjoy one of those at least
haleywilde

campbellstruts wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:45 pm She mentioned something along the lines of people getting frustrated at certain bits of information and some things not being said or certain tidbits of information not being correct, again it was hard to remember the phone call word for word.

But I mentioned that yes I had seen people getting frustrated. She mentioned a metaphor about how sometimes people will get frustrated at a mouse being a mouse, but that it never claimed to be anything other than a mouse.
I hope this wasn't about me, Muntzie! I'm okay with a mouse being a mouse and a Dymuntz being a Dymuntz, but I would like to keep those who are trying to build connections with me straight. If I'm gonna be loyal, I gotta at least know who I'm loyal to- ya know?

But appreciate her for clearing up confusion with her call to me! We're all just trying to piece together this very large, very weirdly shaped puzzle.
merely someone at the edge.
haleywilde

Also, between the comment she made about my hotel bed being comfy, my jacuzzi tub, and now this??? Dymuntz is gettin' feeeisty 👀
merely someone at the edge.
kevin

I think the bit about the mouse is more about the expectations that we place on others based on our owns assumptions, wishes, feelings, whatever.

We may want the mouse to be something different or something more, and get frustrated when it’s not, even though it’s always claimed to be just a mouse and nothing more.
Whoischelsea

I really hope Matt gets to go get coffee with opulens. Dymuntz!! Everyone deserves some rest and a good cup of coffee sometimes.

I like Kevin's interpretation of the mouse thing. Sometimes a mouse is just a mouse and there is nothing more there.

I also hope Darren is getting through this! Less than a month away from opening a show and working with the elites and the redcurves must be chaotic. Rest and coffee for everyone :)
I figured out how to edit this
blondie

Initial reaction (hello RSD) - yeah, my brain was already mush yesterday. I reacted in the moment to what was said to me but forgot the beautiful words. I am working on remembering better and will make another post. I thought I relayed the most important info, but maybe I didn’t… I really am sorry for letting everyone down.

Secondary reaction - I wonder how many calls Dymuntz made yesterday. We know of two but maybe there was more? The comment about fresh meat… neither haley nor I are that are we? If you’re lurking, come out of the shadows and share your experiences. You can’t do any worse than I have.
93: Love is the law, love under will.
cd3vane

blondie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:50 am Initial reaction (hello RSD) - yeah, my brain was already mush yesterday. I reacted in the moment to what was said to me but forgot the beautiful words. I am working on remembering better and will make another post. I thought I relayed the most important info, but maybe I didn’t… I really am sorry for letting everyone down.

Secondary reaction - I wonder how many calls Dymuntz made yesterday. We know of two but maybe there was more? The comment about fresh meat… neither haley nor I are that are we? If you’re lurking, come out of the shadows and share your experiences. You can’t do any worse than I have.
First of all, you didn't let anyone down you relayed what you could and saw as important in the moment which I think is why there wasn't really anyone pushing for all the details in the moment, but of course we will happily overanalyze whatever other details you can come up with, they're always appreciated.

Second, I agree one of my main takeaways from this was the implication that there could be more calls that happened from Dymuntz and if so and you're on the forum, welcome! We are probably not nearly as crazy as we seem and would love to hear as much of your experience as you feel like sharing!
Screaming into the void
blondie

Weird mental image came to me and I love sharing these with you guys:

opulens and Dymuntz make me think of the gods of Olympus. They’re meant to just watch from the clouds, from the edge, forbidden from attempting to change fate, but they can’t help but play with the strange mortals who are both fascinating yet incomprehensible to them…
Caboose04

blondie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:22 am Weird mental image came to me and I love sharing these with you guys:

opulens and Dymuntz make me think of the gods of Olympus. They’re meant to just watch from the clouds, from the edge, forbidden from attempting to change fate, but they can’t help but play with the strange mortals who are both fascinating yet incomprehensible to them…
I do really like that. I think that fits pretty well.
mart

We've been on team Matt since we voted for him on the night of the bar games.
opulens and Matt I have a recommendation for coffee if this ends up a rendezvous.
Groundhouse Coffee in Gardner. Drink is Euphoria. Iced or hot. 👌
campbellstruts

mart wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:40 pm We've been on team Matt since we voted for him on the night of the bar games.
This is just a personal thing, but the whole team Matt/team Cammie/team Kassidy thing we’re doing - I dislike it..the competition is over. I get it, there was a bit of bumping shoulders and disagreement, but we’re all past it now (unless there’s some underlying issue or mistrust that hasn’t been brought up) and I dislike that its being implied that there are still teams to any of this. Even after opulens said that we shouldn’t fight with each other, I think it’s important that we remember that.

Of course it should be stated that there are no bad feelings I have with my fellow competitors, Matt and Kassidy - love you both to death and you are outstanding people. I believe I’ve done my part to make amends and I think going into the haunt we should remember that we will need each other to fall back on.

(OOG there is absolutely no bad feelings or anything negative at all I have about this. Just wanted to mention this in-game and not get too meta about it.)

I love y’all!!! I just wanted to make that clear in case it wasn’t. Obviously it is ultimately your choice who to put trust in or who to like more but I wanted to make it clear at least for myself that I’m trying not to separate anyone into teams. 🤍🤍🤍
blondie

campbellstruts wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:48 am
mart wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:40 pm We've been on team Matt since we voted for him on the night of the bar games.
This is just a personal thing, but the whole team Matt/team Cammie/team Kassidy thing we’re doing - I dislike it..the competition is over. I get it, there was a bit of bumping shoulders and disagreement, but we’re all past it now (unless there’s some underlying issue or mistrust that hasn’t been brought up) and I dislike that its being implied that there are still teams to any of this. Even after opulens said that we shouldn’t fight with each other, I think it’s important that we remember that.

Of course it should be stated that there are no bad feelings I have with my fellow competitors, Matt and Kassidy - love you both to death and you are outstanding people. I believe I’ve done my part to make amends and I think going into the haunt we should remember that we will need each other to fall back on.

(OOG there is absolutely no bad feelings or anything negative at all I have about this. Just wanted to mention this in-game and not get too meta about it.)

I love y’all!!! I just wanted to make that clear in case it wasn’t. Obviously it is ultimately your choice who to put trust in or who to like more but I wanted to make it clear at least for myself that I’m trying not to separate anyone into teams. 🤍🤍🤍
Agreed. I have love for everyone. My villain arc was unsurprisingly short lived. The community is stronger when we are together. The horrors we face are ahead of us.

Everyone brings different skills and strengths to this. We also all have our weaknesses and the important thing is how we lift each other up.

Coffee sounds good tho?
someguyinKC

I didn’t read this as if Mart was against anyone, just that he’s in full support of me getting to have a unique experience 🤷🏼‍♂️
got milk?