What’s in a Name?

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Candleking

So there’s been a lot of names we’ve been involved with during this whole experience and a lot of these have really powerful ideologies behind them, seems like we’re dealing with Polytheism at the least. There’s been references to Christianity, Greek Mythology and hints of Norse Mythology if I’ve caught it correctly. Here’s a list of some of those we’ve interacted with, if I missed someone or misinterpreted I apologize and will correct once it’s brought to my attention!

opulens: Closely related to Opulence meaning great wealth
Dymuntz: Closest word is Diamas in Latin meaning Diamond or Unbreakable
Dan: Means He Judged in Hebrew
Dorothea: Means Gift of God from Greek Origins
Cleatums: Closest name is Cleatus which is Greek in origin meaning illustrious
Lilith: Means Of the Night in Akkadian also refers to Mesopotamian and Jewish mythology.
Lilly: based on the flower a symbol of Purity and Innocence. (Included both names just in case.)
Madison: Means Son of Maud coming from an English surname
Gord: Short form of Gordon which is from a Scottish surname meaning spacious fort
Lamia: Means Throat in Greek origin and has roots in Greek Mythology
Hesta: means queen or ruler in either Scandinavian or Roman origins, closest name is Hestia who is the Goddess of the Hearth in Greek Mythology
blondie

Hestia is the goddess of the sacrificial fire…
93: Love is the law, love under will.
blondie

Alternatively, Hester is a derivative of Esther:
According to the Hebrew Bible, queen Esther was born with the name הֲדַסָּה‎ Hadassah ("Myrtle"). Her name was changed to Esther to hide her identity upon becoming queen of Persia. The three letter root of Esther in Hebrew is s-t-r (סתר‎), "hide, conceal". The passive infinitive is (לְהִסָּ֫תֶר‎), "to be hidden".

The name can be derived from the Old Persian stāra (NPer. ستاره setāra, meaning "star") although some scholars identify Esther with the name of the Babylonian goddess of love Ishtar, given its association with the planet Venus (in its role as the Morning Star and the Evening star; see also the Star of Ishtar).
93: Love is the law, love under will.
campbellstruts

I went through and grabbed all of the introductory statements with the names of one of the redcurves and compiled them all here.

Everything changes. #CletumsRedcurve

When the sun set, she cried...
The father asked "—why are you sad, my flower?"
The girl responded "
'...cause the sun is gone and
the dark is coming..."
The father put his arm around the girl and held her tight. "Don't worry, my love, the sun may disappear tonight, but it will rise again tomorrow.
Just like us." #LilyRedcurve

l've heard fables about mansions with pillow-topped mattresses and multiple commodes and laugh. You CLOWNS have no concept of wealth.
We are Royal. Our blood is our opulence.
#GordRedcurve

Laugh and nibble, taste the lie, Each mouthful, a slow goodbye...
#HestaRedcurve

So far, at least through Instagram posts (not reels. We know Dorothea is a member but these four are all the same format), we’ve only been formally introduced to these four. With the hashtag of their name after. I tried to go through the rest of the posts and see if there was a poem we were supposed to figure out, but I couldn’t come up with anything. Maybe somebody else can?
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Brianamatopoeia

According to Jewish sources, Lilith is said to be the first wife of Adam's, made of earth and dust, she was equal to Adam. When she refused to submit to him, God got angry and she had to flee Eden. She then became known for symbolizing defiance of the masculine, chaos, seduction, and ungodliness. "The fallen woman"

Her boldness and independence also make her a feminist symbol of strength.
It has the juice.
PiaPol

Brianamatopoeia wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:55 pm According to Jewish sources, Lilith is said to be the first wife of Adam's, made of earth and dust, she was equal to Adam. When she refused to submit to him, God got angry and she had to flee Eden. She then became known for symbolizing defiance of the masculine, chaos, seduction, and ungodliness. "The fallen woman"

Her boldness and independence also make her a feminist symbol of strength.
I can’t remember the exact order of our conversation, but when I asked about Lily and Dorothea revealed her name is Lilith.. we also talked about religion. My Catholic background.

Pebbles of a conversation to do with what you will.
haleywilde

Candleking wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:05 am Lilly: based on the flower a symbol of Purity and Innocence. (Included both names just in case.)
Just adding my thoughts from my mystery box post here-
Lily popping up shortly before I got my Dictionary of Symbols with the flower section highlighted doesn't feel like a coincidence to me.
The term "celestial flower" is also highlighted, and when I google celestial flower, another name for it is "Celestial Lily" 👀 It looks like they're traditionally blue which would correlate with "a legendary symbol of the impossible[/u], and is probably an allusion to the 'mystic Centre'" as well as the "meteorite or shooting star by the alchemists."

It looks like our alchemist friends named Lily after shooting stars/meteorites?
However, her full name being Lilith does make that a little interesting? Potentially intentional double meaning?
merely someone at the edge.
Brianamatopoeia

haleywilde wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:00 am

However, her full name being Lilith does make that a little interesting? Potentially intentional double meaning?
Oh yeah, I absolutely think it's a double meaning.
It has the juice.