Out here we waste not… IG post 8/25

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
blondie

Exiled IG post 8/25

“Out here we waste not. Everything has its purpose and use. Come, we will show you.”

I hate this cannibalism theme. I still refuse to believe this is anything but a scare tactic…

Edit: repost
93: Love is the law, love under will.
campbellstruts

There’s a lot of things that have hinted towards the cannibalism theme, (a family that lives in the woods that likes to maim you and bleed you for fun, etc) I for one like it a lot but only because I’m familiar with that kind of theme.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
campbellstruts

It was also thought that the guy in the back is this guy. One of the redcurves. But then again he doesn’t look super similar. But hoping that this can jog anyone’s memory or we can link it to something else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
UnseenPresence

blondie wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:21 am
I hate this cannibalism theme. I still refuse to believe this is anything but a scare tactic…
It could be that. Or it could be leaning in to the rhyme that started everything. Sort of the "if you think I'm the nasty old man who hates everyone then I will BE that" trope from a million kid horror Disney channel movies.

But you also might want to be careful what you eat there. Maybe this is even the reason Darren was worried about people eating anything--many he knows the source.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
blondie

UnseenPresence wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:13 pm
It could be that. Or it could be leaning in to the rhyme that started everything. Sort of the "if you think I'm the nasty old man who hates everyone then I will BE that" trope from a million kid horror Disney channel movies.

But you also might want to be careful what you eat there. Maybe this is even the reason Darren was worried about people eating anything--many he knows the source.
Noted. I’ll eat the fairy floss and drink the whiquila and leave everything else
93: Love is the law, love under will.
haleywilde

UnseenPresence wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:13 pm
I'm still leaning this way. The rhyme was said in such a "sing-song" way in the trailer. And knowing that they were forced out, it feels like some kids making up a boogeyman myth about the misfits who used to live there. I could definitely see the Redcurves just leaning into that as a "fuck you."
merely someone at the edge.
TheLadyJ

blondie wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:21 am Exiled IG post 8/25

“Out here we waste not. Everything has its purpose and use. Come, we will show you.”

Edit: repost