(8/31) Call from Dorothea

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
kevin

I’m just sitting on the couch, enjoying my Saturday morning, considering going to the farmer’s market.

Phone starts to ring…No Caller ID. Fuck.

Dorothea is on the other and lays into me.

Asks why I’m fucking with him, and trifling with shit that I don’t understand. Says he’s not to be fucked with and he’s more scar tissue than skin at this point.

He’s fucking pissed and swearing at me in between his points, thought I understood how clear he was the other day. Mentions that he’s bled folks for less and I should no fuck with him.

Starts to wrap up by saying that he’s Mary Poppins compared to the other people he’s working with.

He closes by saying he’s going to repeat himself to make it extra clear. I think he’s going to offer another message, he does not. “Go fuck yourself.”

Fuck.

I’m not enjoying my Saturday morning so much anymore.
campbellstruts

Equally as confused. Why is he upset, I thought you relayed the message perfectly??
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
cd3vane

campbellstruts wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:19 am Equally as confused. Why is he upset, I thought you relayed the message perfectly??
I think about posting the script not the measage
Screaming into the void
blondie

Think he is unhappy about Kevin’s exchanges with Madelyn… but tbh, the way I see it… you’ve kinda done him a favour?

With everyone saying if they would or wouldn’t do the deed… they can already know who is devoted to the cause ahead of time? Work smarter, not harder 🫡
93: Love is the law, love under will.
campbellstruts

cd3vane wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:21 am
campbellstruts wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:19 am Equally as confused. Why is he upset, I thought you relayed the message perfectly??
Ahhhh….I get the frustration then - that leads to another question, wondering who the others are that makes him Mary poppins compared to them
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
cd3vane

campbellstruts wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:23 am
cd3vane wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:21 am
Ahhhh….I get the frustration then - that leads to another question, wondering who the others are that makes him Mary poppins compared to them
*insert Guardians of the Galaxy 2 gif*
Screaming into the void
kassidy.exe

I wonder if he is more upset towards Maddy (or whoever supplied the scripts) than you, Kevin. And he is just yelling through you?
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
lazysmartperson

But Dorothea ain't even in that scene... wait... why did they cast Maddy and not a Redcurve for that scene?
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
cd3vane

lazysmartperson wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:33 am But Dorothea ain't even in that scene... wait... why did they cast Maddy and not a Redcurve for that scene?
This is a really good point she has the leading role in that scene with 3 unknown elites, why would she be in power there? Are they just forcing her to do things she doesn't want like potentially giving her own blood for the purpose of this ritual? Or is she not quite as she appears with trying to resist all of this?

Now that I think about it didn't overseer mention something about her being upset that she didn't have a role? Then the following day we see a script with her having a large role that she's claiming to have as evidence of the shady shit they are involved in
Screaming into the void
blondie

If this script is from early on, the Redcurves hadn’t really appeared on the scene (I know that we know that they were involved long before we were aware of it but I’m talking narratively)…

And maybe Maddy had her role taken from her as punishment for going to see Bran when he was in KC?

Or maybe these are sides and she failed her audition? This seems likely to me… would make sense why she has them in her possession
cd3vane

blondie wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:18 am Or maybe these are sides and she failed her audition? This seems likely to me… would make sense why she has them in her possession
This makes a lot of sense to me what if she auditioned during the Jeff event, he freaked out and refused to do it and then the script says she is supposed to cut her hand instead and maybe she refused as well. The script doesn't specify but I would assume full exile would still be on the table for her side as well as the participants. This would lose her the role in a haunt she's worked for years and also give her the sense that these people are crazy and clearly here for a deeper purpose because they are actually going to extreme lengths to get the blood and not simply faking it with the actors like they could
Screaming into the void
UnseenPresence

blondie wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:18 am
Or maybe these are sides and she failed her audition? This seems likely to me… would make sense why she has them in her possession
This is possible. A draft of a scene that she was supposed to be cast for, until somewhere along the line she botched it or refused to say them or something.

I find it interesting that she, herself, has been Exiled in a fashion. Not at completely as the script would make a participant but at least partially.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
kevin

Blondie and Charles have it. He was pissed about me posting the script pages, and presumably being distracted by a songbird.
Timsmyname

If these people would communicate better then most of these problems would go away
cd3vane

Timsmyname wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:28 pm If these people would communicate better then most of these problems would go away
The old gods make it so hard to communicate with them though it's always blood rites this and human sacrifice that, if only we could just shoot them a quick text a lot of this wouldn't be necessary
Screaming into the void
blondie

cd3vane wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:33 pm
Timsmyname wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:28 pm If these people would communicate better then most of these problems would go away
The old gods make it so hard to communicate with them though it's always blood rites this and human sacrifice that, if only we could just shoot them a quick text a lot of this wouldn't be necessary
IMG_3652.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheLadyJ

some people would rather do a 100 blood sacrafices than communicate both honestly and effectivly.
cd3vane

blondie wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:59 pm IMG_3652.jpeg
Perfect 🖤
Screaming into the void
opulens
Site Admin

TheLadyJ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:00 pm some people would rather do a 100 blood sacrafices than communicate both honestly and effectivly.
*sacrifices
blondie

opulens wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:50 pm
TheLadyJ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:00 pm some people would rather do a 100 blood sacrafices than communicate both honestly and effectivly.
*sacrifices
Also *effectively

(If we’re being pedantic)