Instagram Post 9/2 - The Contract

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
UnseenPresence

blondie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:13 pm The biggest takeaway for me here is that the Briarberg of before-times was fake, a ruse, to hide a deeper agenda. Darren himself said at the contract signing that it was all a show. This information just underlines that in my humble opinion
I agree wholeheartedly. There was deception before "Briarberg was x and y and was fake". Hiding the truth in a way that no one not directly involved could see.

The same thing again here. Perhaps "Briarberg" here now is also fake. Perhaps the organization has always been real and the deception is its purpose.

Based on the segments people have gleaned from the documents, I frankly assume that guests will "be" the individuals led on the procession to its conclusion.

I put "be" in quotes here because perhaps that is the "story" of this haunt. Perhaps the real purpose here is something completely different. A fake ritual to hide a real one. A fake story to hide the truth. A fake organization to hide the real one.

Maybe it's all fake. Or maybe there's always been something deeper hiding behind things. They could be vampires or fae or just powerful, wealthy beings. I'm not sure it ultimately matters except on one way--

When given the options in front of you, what do you take?

Me, I will always seek the most real answer I can. The end of the facade. I have more than once in my life believed that I could someday disappear looking for the "man behind the curtain" (to paraphrase The Wizard of Oz) because someday one of the things I look for will turn out to be true...and eat me. Or turn out to be false, but covering a nefarious truth that will capture me. Or some such outcome.

I have gone looking for Bigfoot before in their most seen areas. I have conversed with more than one individual claiming to be Illuminati. That sort of thing.

So you can enjoy this haunt. You can dig deeper. You can seek the truth. You can decide which truth you think is real. opulens and the others have been even more honest about choices than it seemed like they were.

I look forward to what people end up doing! I have faith in all of you, even if my belief in what we've been told is still undecided.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
kevin

blondie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:13 pm The biggest takeaway for me here is that the Briarberg of before-times was fake, a ruse, to hide a deeper agenda. Darren himself said at the contract signing that it was all a show. This information just underlines that in my humble opinion
I’m with Blondie here. The name of a fake organization being used at an event where Darren says everything is for show?

Seems like it’s all fake and/or to send us down a wild goose chase of wild connections that don’t actually connect to anything.

If it was all a smoke screen then what was it actually hiding though?
cd3vane

Something I'm thinking about, regardless of Briarbergs past, is who they are currently and what their goal here is? Is this just the name that the Elites go by? Is another group above/behind a lot of the Elites activity? Also what is their purpose regardless of who or what we call them, what do they actually want with all of us?
Screaming into the void
someguyinKC

I could see this whole situation going either way. They use a name that has already been debunked, nudging us in the direction of the whole contract being fake (or “for show” as DLB explicitly stated). Or they bring back to life this org that has already been written off by someone in the past and actually has a lot of power to do… something.

The fact that they’re allowing the discussion to happen unfortunately doesn’t help me at least in figuring out which one it is.
got milk?
kevin

someguyinKC wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:35 pm I could see this whole situation going either way. They use a name that has already been debunked, nudging us in the direction of the whole contract being fake (or “for show” as DLB explicitly stated). Or they bring back to life this org that has already been written off by someone in the past and actually has a lot of power to do… something.

The fact that they’re allowing the discussion to happen unfortunately doesn’t help me at least in figuring out which one it is.
If they were a real organization why would they use the same name as something that ultimately proved to be a loose conglomeration of actors from the Tension Experience?

If that organization was real, the mission statements seem to be worlds apart.

And maybe they’re allowing the discussion as an extra level of distraction.
haleywilde

kevin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:28 pm
I’m with Blondie here. The name of a fake organization being used at an event where Darren says everything is for show?

Seems like it’s all fake and/or to send us down a wild goose chase of wild connections that don’t actually connect to anything.

If it was all a smoke screen then what was it actually hiding though?
i’m kind of leaning towards the show part being the conversation they were having at the table + the pool game + their supposed rivalry. That all distracting us into signing something more nefarious without reading it.
merely someone at the edge.
kevin

Do you think the witch and/or Cletums were at stake as part of the pool game?
cd3vane

kevin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:42 pm
someguyinKC wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:35 pm I could see this whole situation going either way. They use a name that has already been debunked, nudging us in the direction of the whole contract being fake (or “for show” as DLB explicitly stated). Or they bring back to life this org that has already been written off by someone in the past and actually has a lot of power to do… something.

If they were a real organization why would they use the same name as something that ultimately proved to be a loose conglomeration of actors from the Tension Experience?

If that organization was real, the mission statements seem to be worlds apart.

And maybe they’re allowing the discussion as an extra level of distraction.
I agree this definitely feels like it's starting to become much more of a semantics discussion than anything helpful to our situation. Do we really need to care whether it's Briarberg, a nameless entity or McDonalds Inc. Whatever we call them or they call themselves we've now had people sign a binding contract that wants to bring back armies of undead and loads more unsettling shit and I feel like figuring out what that means for our current situation and for our friends haley and pia is much more important than trying to dig up loads more confusing lore
Screaming into the void
haleywilde

To be honest, I'm not sure. Mid pool game is when Darren said that, so maybe not. We haven’t gotten any confirmation of the witch being released, so maybe it was just another distraction and all a ruse.

I asked milkman “are they really going to kill cletums if I win?” and all he said was “what do you think?”

maybe that was his way of answering without having to lie.
merely someone at the edge.
cd3vane

kevin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:51 pm Do you think the witch and/or Cletums were at stake as part of the pool game?
I'm honestly not sure especially with the witch if these parties were already working together I was never really sure what "releasing the witch" even meant?
Screaming into the void
Caboose04

cd3vane wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:56 pm
kevin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:51 pm Do you think the witch and/or Cletums were at stake as part of the pool game?
I'm honestly not sure especially with the witch if these parties were already working together I was never really sure what "releasing the witch" even meant?
I was kind of thinking about this in my video I'm working on. If they were always already working together and the "directors" are just pawns for media attention and they made them believe they were the ones getting the Redcurves involved. But it was the plans all along. They just need more people involved for whatever ritual they are working on.
campbellstruts

Caboose04 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:20 pm
cd3vane wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:56 pm
I was kind of thinking about this in my video I'm working on. If they were always already working together and the "directors" are just pawns for media attention and they made them believe they were the ones getting the Redcurves involved. But it was the plans all along. They just need more people involved for whatever ritual they are working on.
I think briarberg might be a red herring - but as for the ritual stuff, my video instructions for the second video I filmed for exiled EXPLICITLY said to not mention anything about rituals or sacrifice or occult practices. so....
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.