9/8 Phone Call Madelyn to Campbell

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
campbellstruts

It’s 8 o’clock and I’m working on a painting, and I get a phone call from a no caller ID so I answer.

Me: hello?

(?): it’s Sunday. you haven’t received your mystery box yet. you can still stop this.

Me: oh, is this Madelyn?

Madelyn: don’t open the box. you need to listen.

Me: okay, I’m listening.

Madelyn: wow Campbell, that’s exactly what she said you would say. I need to go (home?) and pack.

*she hangs up.*

Madelyn, I was ready to listen to you! Why did you hang up so soon? :( Also, pack for what? Are you safe?
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
PiaPol

I wish we knew what being “marked” really entails… you’ve been given a choice now. You’re at a crossroads, Campbell!

Will you open the box when it arrives?
campbellstruts

I also want to add that she spoke in a very monotone voice. Almost like a robot. Like she had been programmed or brainwashed into saying things or into doing something. I don’t wanna water it down to “oh she’s just reading off a paper or something”, because even then people can usually put some mmph into it, but it sounded, more robotic.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
campbellstruts

PiaPol wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:11 pm I wish we knew what being “marked” really entails… you’ve been given a choice now. You’re at a crossroads, Campbell!

Will you open the box when it arrives?
That’s the real question. 😬 if I knew what was at stake I would be able to make a more informed decision, but the thing is, I have no information other than a warning. And of course the context of the warning. But other than that, I’m stuck…
cd3vane

Interesting I wonder what your box has in it that she thinks if you don't get it or open it it might stop something. Also how does she even know what the box would contain?
Screaming into the void
campbellstruts

cd3vane wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:12 pm Interesting I wonder what your box has in it that she thinks if you don't get it or open it it might stop something. Also how does she even know what the box would contain?
That’s a seriously good question. Who told her that we had been marked? How does she know what’s in the box? Or does she just think that something might be in the box? Is she still in communication with Darren? I think so.
haleywilde

Maddy really likes to give us a whole lot of nothing… constant warnings with nothing to back them up. Of course you’re going to open the mystery box you paid for unless she can give you a legitimate tangible reason not to.
merely someone at the edge.
campbellstruts

haleywilde wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:15 pm Maddy really likes to give us a whole lot of nothing… constant warnings with nothing to back them up. Of course you’re going to open the mystery box you paid for unless she can give you a legitimate tangible reason not to.
Yeah. I mean it’s just been super cryptic - though I’m inclined to stand by her at least for support, because the fact that she’s been able to call me and brannigan to warn everyone about the boxes - then again, I have no clue what she’s been dealing with. Her whole post about hating exiled and what the creators had done to it, DDMS, etc. It’s just a lot of anger directed to certain people and things but we don’t know why. So I’m thinking someone has threatened her that she needs to bite her tongue on the specific details or she will get in trouble, hence why she’s packing - is she running away?

Idk. This whole thing has me conflicted which is definitely purposeful! But you’re right that it is a test. Also - she. Who is the she she’s referencing in the phone call?
cd3vane

haleywilde wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:15 pm Maddy really likes to give us a whole lot of nothing… constant warnings with nothing to back them up. Of course you’re going to open the mystery box you paid for unless she can give you a legitimate tangible reason not to.
Yea definitely this, would be nice to see some more proof. She mentioned something about having more than just the script and now is the time to show your work if it's really that bad before it's too late
Screaming into the void
Caboose04

Damn, She really got you with the ole "That's what she said" lol
haleywilde

Idk… I feel like she’s trying to run the resistance, but she’s doing it very very poorly. Darren was much more compelling with his approach. He might not have given me muuuuch information, but at least he had deep emotion behind it. Yet another cryptic, robotic phone call wouldn’t convince me of anything. 🤷🏼‍♀️
campbellstruts

Caboose04 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:25 pm Damn, She really got you with the ole "That's what she said" lol
That seems like dymuntz that she was referencing to be honest. dymuntz was the one that asked me if I am the type of person to do everything daddy wants and do what’s expected of me, so I feel like that might be her. She might’ve told Madelyn that I would be overeager to listen, and I think by doing that I accidentally interrupted her.
KAYLYN

I am soooo curious what being marked ment. Maybe means your paths is chosen for you, you won't have the choice like many others. Shes is casting a lot of fear mongering onto us, and it's not working. Her quick calls and little info has has all wondering where she really stands in all this.
cd3vane

campbellstruts wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:23 pm Also - she. Who is the she she’s referencing in the phone call?
My first thought would be Dymuntz but since they definitely seem like they are on opposing sides im not so sure. The most recent wildcard here and the only female in DDMS is Stephanie so my brain goes to her I think. It seemed like she was disappointed in that group in her forum post but maybe some or all of them are finally starting to help her in some way, but it still feels weird that she would point out that she knew you would say something in a very short call that specifically didn't give much else to go off of
Screaming into the void
campbellstruts

cd3vane wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:30 pm
campbellstruts wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:23 pm Also - she. Who is the she she’s referencing in the phone call?
My first thought would be Dymuntz but since they definitely seem like they are on opposing sides im not so sure. The most recent wildcard here and the only female in DDMS is Stephanie so my brain goes to her I think. It seemed like she was disappointed in that group in her forum post but maybe some or all of them are finally starting to help her in some way, but it still feels weird that she would point out that she knew you would say something in a very short call that specifically didn't give much else to go off of
Especially since, to my knowledge, I’ve never spoken with Stephanie or met her…
haleywilde

campbellstruts wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:33 pm
cd3vane wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:30 pm
Especially since, to my knowledge, I’ve never spoken with Stephanie or met her…
or, other option, VS. We know nothing about VS or about the knowledge they might have on us.
cd3vane

haleywilde wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:36 pm or, other option, VS. We know nothing about VS or about the knowledge they might have on us.
Oh wow true, we know so little I forgot that could be an option lmao but good call!
Screaming into the void
haleywilde

cd3vane wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:40 pm
haleywilde wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:36 pm or, other option, VS. We know nothing about VS or about the knowledge they might have on us.
Oh wow true, we know so little I forgot that could be an option lmao but good call!
and we can assume that Maddy is in contact with VS after their comment on her forum post. I doubt she would resist that opportunity
campbellstruts

Thinking about the wording. she said open. Don’t open it. So clearly there’s going to be something in there that will be activated or…? Maybe I’m getting too caught up? But she specifically said open. Maybe the danger lies in publicly posting the contents. Or maybe there’s instructions that I need to follow, etc.
haleywilde

Those of us (who I can recall) who have gotten Exiled specific things inside of mystery boxes are Tim, Brannigan, and me. All three of us, and Campbell, are all going the same two nights: September 27th and 28th. 😬 Fortunate timing for whoever marked us I guess. We made it real convenient.