Phonecall from WIB - 7/7/24

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
UnseenPresence

Posted a nice reply to this thread and it got lost in the ether before it posted. So here is the tldr version:

1. I want the people in KC to know what they are getting into. WIB, whoever you are, you keep making it clear no one knows yet. But they should go in with eyes open, unless you WANT them clueless, in which case that is terrifying.

2. I want those of us outside KC to be their community. This is already happening, so great. An experience is only as good as the community that lives in it, especially when we are afraid of what's to come.

3. For me, I want to know what you want. Why are you here? What do you get from being snarky about the creators of this haunt? What do you get...period? Tell me a story, WIB. That's all we all are, anyway. Stories. Legends. Myths. From parables to fairy tales.

Oh, and if you could get the admins in touch with me I have a mundane request. Can't hurt to ask.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
haleywilde

UnsernPresence wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:15 pm 1. I want the people in KC to know what they are getting into. WIB, whoever you are, you keep making it clear no one knows yet. But they should go in with eyes open, unless you WANT them clueless, in which case that is terrifying.
I agree. I was hoping to potentially speak with the woman in black today to ask her a question along these lines. I've been trying to send a few local people that reach out to me their way, but I feel a little weary doing so when I don't fully understand who or what I'm sending them to. I might be naive to participate blindly, but not everyone is. Help us help you with spreading the word. We just need to know what that word is.
UnsernPresence wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:15 pm 2. I want those of us outside KC to be their community. This is already happening, so great. An experience is only as good as the community that lives in it, especially when we are afraid of what's to come.
Also, love this.
merely someone at the edge.
Whoischelsea

blondie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:09 pm So context… I am chilling in an underground bar in Cardiff with my man when my phone starts ringing. He sees me freeze and yells at me to go, so I answer and start legging it up the stairs while I hear a woman’s voice singing to me… some in Welsh(I think), some in English. And as I reach the top of the stairs, I hear “God save the King!” and I start laughing.

So to summarise, we lament the state of Welsh weather… she calls me both by my birth name and my nickname… I ask her who I’m speaking to but she doesn’t give a name… she thanked me for “herding kittens” to which I responded “that’s kinda my job”… we talked about drip feeding info for dead drops and easy puzzles and helping people solve them (something I feel but don’t think I have voiced publicly- sorry if that comes across as harsh)… and she said “it’s boring…” to which I asked for clarification as to whether IT IS boring or if I AM boring. She said again, “it’s boring” and assured me that it’s not going to be that way this time around.

Then she said “you can ask me anything”. I’m about to say “well, how about we start with a name…” BUT SHE HANGS UP ON ME. So the big question is… I can ask her anything but where? Here?

WIB - you clearly get me… I think we could be mates. But I need to know your name.
It seems like the person on the other end knew a lot about you and your experiences in the past if you have not voiced your feelings on the puzzles. Maybe you will meet her soon and she will let you ask!
I figured out how to edit this
campbellstruts

Whoischelsea wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:03 pm
blondie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:09 pm So context… I am chilling in an underground bar in Cardiff with my man when my phone starts ringing. He sees me freeze and yells at me to go, so I answer and start legging it up the stairs while I hear a woman’s voice singing to me… some in Welsh(I think), some in English. And as I reach the top of the stairs, I hear “God save the King!” and I start laughing.

So to summarise, we lament the state of Welsh weather… she calls me both by my birth name and my nickname… I ask her who I’m speaking to but she doesn’t give a name… she thanked me for “herding kittens” to which I responded “that’s kinda my job”… we talked about drip feeding info for dead drops and easy puzzles and helping people solve them (something I feel but don’t think I have voiced publicly- sorry if that comes across as harsh)… and she said “it’s boring…” to which I asked for clarification as to whether IT IS boring or if I AM boring. She said again, “it’s boring” and assured me that it’s not going to be that way this time around.

Then she said “you can ask me anything”. I’m about to say “well, how about we start with a name…” BUT SHE HANGS UP ON ME. So the big question is… I can ask her anything but where? Here?

WIB - you clearly get me… I think we could be mates. But I need to know your name.
It seems like the person on the other end knew a lot about you and your experiences in the past if you have not voiced your feelings on the puzzles. Maybe you will meet her soon and she will let you ask!
I second Chelsea!!!
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
TheLadyJ

Love it! I'm catching up, but am here for it!
Whoischelsea

TheLadyJ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:09 pm Love it! I'm catching up, but am here for it!
HAHA this is beautiful!!
I figured out how to edit this