Mystery Box Delivery

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
lazysmartperson

In light of opulen's suggestion of charity regarding Caboose04's $5000 I wanted to dig some more on Sufism rules of order.
25. To give more than one takes. It means to give much charity, not to impose on others, to be a mercy to those around one, to prefer others to oneself, to earn one's own livelihood so one does not have to beg, and to serve others without regard as to whom they may be. It means to give sincere selfless service, whether convenient or inconvenient, to Allah, the sunna, and the tariqa.
- Sea Without Shore: A Manual of the Sufi Path
This aligns with the text in the secret societies book from the mystery box, but note that these rules mentioned are specifically from the Shadhili path. I still haven't found much about the Rose path. I took a lot at all of the 48 rules and they can be summarized as love Allah and don't be a dick.
43. To do no harm. It means not to wrong anyone; to pray against no one who has wronged one, but rather ask Allah's tawfiq hem in this world and the next, so He may save them from continuing their wrongs. It means putting up with annoyance from others; and not holding any grudges.
- Sea Without Shore: A Manual of the Sufi Path
So if the Recurves are based in Sufism, I can understand the move to charity. However, judging by campbellstruts's bloody face, they might not have kept to all of the old rules.
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
lazysmartperson

trying to get back on the rose path i've gone back to Abdul Qadir Gilani (The Rose of Baghdad) who the Qadiriyya (Qadiri order) is named after. the order seems fairly straightforward, praise God, be good. but there's lots of offshoots of the Qadiri order, there must be some interesting ones. skimming through Mysticism and Magic in Turkey i find a nice origin story of Gilani but also this...
"The knives, red-hot irons and coals, and other instruments used by the Rūfa'i Order in their extraordinary religious exercises, are called by the symbolic name of 'Roses.' This is evidently connected with the rose-symbolism of the Kadiri Order, whose Pir or founder, Abdul Kādr Ghilāni, was, as above mentioned, the uncle and spiritual teacher of the Pir of the Rūfa'i Dervishes."

with a footnote:
"To speak of wounds as 'flowers' is a common figure of speech in Eastern poets."

- Mysticism and Magic in Turkey
The Rifaʽi wikipedia page lists of of the order's extreme practices:
Rifaʽi followers were noted to have eaten live snakes, entered ovens filled with fire and ridden on lions.[7] Followers were also noted to have practiced charming snakes and thrusting iron spikes and glass into their bodies.
so yeah, things are looking rosy
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
iambalrog

Re 1864…that doesn’t look like an 8 to me…
Blood runs deep.
blondie

iambalrog wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:03 pm Re 1864…that doesn’t look like an 8 to me…
What the hell else do you think it is?!
93: Love is the law, love under will.
iambalrog

I know it’s tenuous…but it’s 2 different pencil strokes rather than one. It has the tail at the top, and the darker indentation in the middle which is a start/end of a pencil movement. Could be a 6 6 or a 6 9, or another symbol (not a number).

Just a thought…
Blood runs deep.
blondie

iambalrog wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:53 pm I know it’s tenuous…but it’s 2 different pencil strokes rather than one. It has the tail at the top, and the darker indentation in the middle which is a start/end of a pencil movement. Could be a 6 6 or a 6 9, or another symbol (not a number).

Just a thought…
Some people just write 8s like that dude.

Might not be a date…
But that’s definitely an 8
Timsmyname

Image I just received the most recent Attic Aquisitions mystery box delivered by Uber. Please let me know which item is Exiled related
image6.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lexthewolf

OH MY GOD!! THATS AWESOME!!
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
haleywilde

WOAH. Is that a flight to KC???
merely someone at the edge.
haleywilde

Timsmyname wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:05 pm [Please let me know which item is Exiled related
Please go through all books and things for handwritten notes!
merely someone at the edge.
cd3vane

I would definitely start with pagan and Christian mysteries that definitely seems like it could have relevant info
Screaming into the void
Timsmyname

I went through the three books and did not find any handwritten markings
neitherworld

blondie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:03 pm Quick summary of collated research (thanks Lex!):

- “The Knights of Pythias is a fraternal organization and secret society founded in Washington, D.C., on February 19, 1864. The Knights of Pythias is the first fraternal organization to receive a charter under an act of the United States Congress.”

- They have a women’s affiliate called the Pythian Sisterhood (and the youth affiliate of this is the Pythian Sunshine Girls… awwww) - which men can also join these days

- “Pythians believe that friendship is an essential ingredient in life and make Benevolence, Kindness, Generosity, and Tolerance a reality in their lives.”

- Like many secret societies, they hold initiation rites. Of which there are THREE levels. During the first one, the initiate takes this oath: "Are you willing to take upon yourself a solemn obligation to keep forever secret all that you may hear, see or be instructed in — an obligation that will in no way conflict with your creed or your conscience."

- Also this: “candidates were led to believe that they would have to jump barefoot onto a spiked board”
Huh, interesting to use the Knights of Pythias. There's an infamous haunted location 3 hours south of KC called Pythian Castle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythian_Home_of_Missouri - wonder what ties the Knights had to the rest of the midwest.
Though I Know I Should Be Wary, Still I Venture Some Place Scary
blondie

Back to 1864… definitely an 8, might not be a date, but also might be a date?

My bf found this:
Battle of Westport
The Battle of Westport, sometimes referred to as the "Gettysburg of the West", was fought on October 23, 1864, in modern Kansas City, Missouri, during the American Civil War. Union forces under Major General Samuel R. Curtis decisively defeated an outnumbered Confederate force under Major General Sterling Price. This engagement was the turning point of Price's Missouri Expedition, forcing his army to retreat. The battle ended the last major Confederate offensive west of the Mississippi River, and for the remainder of the war the United States Army maintained solid control over most of Missouri. This battle was one of the largest to be fought west of the Mississippi River, with over 30,000 men engaged.