7/21: Call

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Lexthewolf

I sent a message to an Exiled staff member (NOT Pink Socks, different one) on July 13th.
I told them I needed to reset my internet and I did. A few minutes later I got a no caller ID call.

B: "Hey. Is this Lexi?"
L: "Yes. Is this Benjamin?"
B: "Yeah, this is Ben. Listen, I have some stuff I need to talk about." (and then, my mind blanks but he asks about knocking on doors."
L: I am here for the experience.
B: So are you going to continue knocking on those doors?"
L: Yes.
Call ended.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
Brianamatopoeia

Lexthewolf wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:04 pm I sent a message to an Exiled staff member (NOT Pink Socks, different one) on July 13th.
I told them I needed to reset my internet and I did. A few minutes later I got a no caller ID call.

B: "Yeah, this is Ben. Listen, I have some stuff I need to talk about." (and then, my mind blanks but he asks about knocking on doors."
Call ended.
🎶 Do my a favor, open the door, and let 'em in. 🎶
It has the juice.
lazysmartperson

I don't have a great feeling about this, Lex. Some doors you can't un-knock.
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
kevin

Did you get the impression that he wanted you to continue knocking on doors? Do you think saying you were here for the experience was what he wanted to hear or that it prompted him to cut the call short?
Brianamatopoeia

Lexthewolf wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:04 pm I sent a message to an Exiled staff member (NOT Pink Socks, different one) on July 13th.

Call ended.
Interesting! So he knows you've been sliding into people's DMs and is asking if you're going to continue doing so? I wonder how he feels about it. It sounds like maybe he wants you to? Interesting.
It has the juice.
cd3vane

lazysmartperson wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:12 pm I don't have a great feeling about this, Lex. Some doors you can't un-knock.
I'm afraid I have a similar feeling, I would be careful who's door you knock on around here... and who else finds out about it
Screaming into the void
Lexthewolf

kevin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:17 pm Did you get the impression that he wanted you to continue knocking on doors? Do you think saying you were here for the experience was what he wanted to hear or that it prompted him to cut the call short?
Introductory Hi hellos were friendly. Then his tone became more serious.
you know... I think me saying "I'm here for the experience" prompted him to ask if I was going to keep knocking on doors. Perhaps he didn't like that I said I was going to keep knocking on doors?

Then again... I don't quite "get" social cues and sometimes have to ask for clarification.
Lexthewolf

I sent him a message over Instagram:

Lexi: "Hi there Benjamin. Can I ask for clarification on a few things? Respectably."
Benjamin: "We ask the questions Lexi poo. Learn to sit in your thoughts and who knows maybe it’ll benefit you…or the group."

and then he proceeded to like 4 of my insta posts.
cd3vane

Lexthewolf wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:00 pm I sent him a message over Instagram:

Lexi: "Hi there Benjamin. Can I ask for clarification on a few things? Respectably."
Benjamin: "We ask the questions Lexi poo. Learn to sit in your thoughts and who knows maybe it’ll benefit you…or the group."

This "we ask the questions" feels a lot more in control and on the inside than what we saw from pink socks basically telling us to run and save ourselves
Screaming into the void
acidstads

Well I guess if he liked your insta posts it's not all bad. Definitely ominous though and maybe there's a double meaning going on there. Are you gonna keep knocking on doors kinda comes off as a threat but who knows with these people. Maybe it's an invitation.
Lexthewolf

You know... Initially I thought it sounded like an invitation...

but mulling over it more... giving it more thought... It may have been a warning. Who knows?
mart

Lexthewolf wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:38 pm Perhaps he didn't like that I said I was going to keep knocking on doors?
I feel if knocking is what got them to open the door, and if you want to proceed, then why stop knocking?

As for his insta response, they definitely like us to be in our own heads. Maybe we will find clarity there.
Lexthewolf

mart wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:57 pm I feel if knocking is what got them to open the door, and if you want to proceed, then why stop knocking?

As for his insta response, they definitely like us to be in our own heads. Maybe we will find clarity there.
I already spend wayyyyyy too much time in my head.

How can I be certain I'm knocking on the right door? How can I know if it was an invitation or a warning? I can't. I get so excited over these experiences and interactions that I will knock on doors like a proselytizing Jehovah's Witness (figure of speech).
mart

Lexthewolf wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:22 am
I already spend wayyyyyy too much time in my head.

How can I be certain I'm knocking on the right door? How can I know if it was an invitation or a warning? I can't. I get so excited over these experiences and interactions that I will knock on doors like a proselytizing Jehovah's Witness (figure of speech).
Haha, Jehovah's witness are so damn persistent.

I am in my head too much, aswell.
I prefer to flood it with other thoughts that are not just my own.

We may never know what door is right, maybe there is more than one door to give us different answers.
I would like to think that someone wouldn't open the door from the inside after you knocked, if it was unwanted. Unless of course you keep knocking on the same door until it is opened.. could then result with a warning.
blondie

I had messaged opulens about a different topic but in his reply he had this to say:
It appears one of yours this evening may have knocked loudly enough to crack open doors meant to stay shut.
The reason I am posting that here is because I feel it is a direct comment on what has been happening in terms of contacting people outside of the official game boards (this forum and the official Exiled Instagram account).

I think repeated warnings have been given at this point. I am guilty of DMing someone I thought was connected on Instagram. In their reply, they said not to contact them again and I shared this with the group. Despite this, people (not singling anyone out) have continued to knock on closed doors. With each response, more warnings have been issued.

I worry that the part of the phone call Lex is hazy on, was actually the key message - and another warning.

I really want what opulens said to me to be the end of this matter and we don’t need to have this conversation again. Because I don’t know how many strikes we get before we are punished. We’re currently on three as far as I can see. Let’s use caution and common sense moving forward, stick to official game boards unless otherwise instructed, and hopefully not make it four…
93: Love is the law, love under will.
Lexthewolf

blondie wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:59 am I had messaged opulens about a different topic but in his reply he had this to say:
It appears one of yours this evening may have knocked loudly enough to crack open doors meant to stay shut.
I worry that the part of the phone call Lex is hazy on, was actually the key message - and another warning.

I really want what opulens said to me to be the end of this matter and we don’t need to have this conversation again. Because I don’t know how many strikes we get before we are punished. We’re currently on three as far as I can see. Let’s use caution and common sense moving forward, stick to official game boards unless otherwise instructed, and hopefully not make it four…
Don't knock on random people's doors? Heard loud and clear (insert salute emoji)
acidstads

blondie wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:59 am I had messaged opulens about a different topic but in his reply he had this to say:
The reason I am posting that here is because I feel it is a direct comment on what has been happening in terms of contacting people outside of the official game boards (this forum and the official Exiled Instagram account).

I think repeated warnings have been given at this point. I am guilty of DMing someone I thought was connected on Instagram. In their reply, they said not to contact them again and I shared this with the group. Despite this, people (not singling anyone out) have continued to knock on closed doors. With each response, more warnings have been issued.

Good point. Don't want to push and open a door that takes you out of the game.
mart

Lexthewolf wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:30 am
Don't knock on random people's doors? Heard loud and clear (insert salute emoji)
How many doors have you been knocking on?
I guess I hadn't put that into context that you had already been doing that before.
Brianamatopoeia

Lexthewolf wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:00 pm

I don'f interpret that as a compliment, I see it as more of an "I see you." I'm curious if the posts had anything common or if they were just random lol
It has the juice.
Lexthewolf

And then he proceeded to like all of them.

I think it was a generally creepy vibe.

They liked an eye drawing, the drawing of Cammie, an Exiled Drawing, and then one way back when where I had my eyes crossed out.

Generally creepy vibes.