PHASE TWO Instagram reel: 7/22/24

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Lexthewolf

They moved this from the Events page.

If They delete this post, it's a scam call.

If they don't... :shrug:
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
MacbethinaBathtub

blondie wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:34 pm Maybe Exiled the haunt was stolen from Dan and the people of KC by… Lamia and co? “Hollywood”? And this is a call to arms to take it back?
If it were that specific and cut and dry, and the haunt "Exiled: Trail of Terrors" was all that was stolen, a loss for Dan personally and the spooky crowd of KC, then I guess I would have to ask: why is that call to arms being broadcast on the Instagram that's ostensibly being operated by the conquerors? If Dan needs help, and he seems to, I assume that message would be delivered through backchannels. This message feels like it refers to a broader, more existential issue, or else a concept so specific that hasn't been revealed. Either way, fertile ground for wild speculation!
"The bold attempt alone demands applause."
SlightlyChard

tori wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:38 pm I just got a call from a Nancy. Maybe last name Getsy. Missed it. Claimed to be asking if I needed tax relief help. We all get random debt calls { or is that just me?!?😂}so I was cagey and said “possibly” to continue convo as my kid was saying “ mom, hang up it’s a scam” I shushed him properly. She kept referencing over 5k “owed”. Then she transferred me to someone that could help. Line rang and another woman answered. She asked if I owed or had debt over 5k. Again, I replied “possibly”. She asked if I wasn’t sure why was I calling them for help. I said “I didn’t call. Someone called me”. She then told me to figure it out. I said “How?”. She basically told me to pull up my big girl pants and how did I get thru life so far. Good question lol 😂. Then she said “ I believe in you”. And, then hung up. Thoughts?
Did you "buy your way" in or offer to donate toward a charity? Did either women mention "not giving a shit"? 🤣
Sheep bleat. Wolves eat.
haleywilde

The photo is reminding me of family theme that was touched on in the first interaction Cammie and Matt had, which is exciting. Ready to hash out some family trauma!
"Do you think trauma can be inherited?" I said yes, because people inherit trauma from their parents all the time. He then asks (?) "Do you think trauma can be inherited further?" I ask him to clarify. He says, "Just further". I respond, "yeah, probably". I'm not sure if he meant by location, or down the generational line, or some other option.
merely someone at the edge.
acidstads

Eh call to arms or an invitation to see a new version of exiled? A version of exiled that that makes you realize what you were missing. What could have been all along. At a cost of course.
cd3vane

haleywilde wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:57 pm The photo is reminding me of family theme that was touched on in the first interaction Cammie and Matt had, which is exciting. Ready to hash out some family trauma!
"Do you think trauma can be inherited?" I said yes, because people inherit trauma from their parents all the time. He then asks (?) "Do you think trauma can be inherited further?" I ask him to clarify. He says, "Just further". I respond, "yeah, probably". I'm not sure if he meant by location, or down the generational line, or some other option.
Funny you mention this that was the first connection I made as well probably because I'm playing catch up on this right after going to therapy lmao
Screaming into the void
campbellstruts

Interesting things of earning back something that was stolen.....
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
UnseenPresence

opulens wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:04 pm
UnseenPresence wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:00 pm Noted on both counts. My apologies for offending you and all that you own.
Stage for us a photo that we may own.

You have 6 hours.

Blessings.
Photos submitted. Do as you will with them, for they also are yours.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
Lexthewolf

Ah. So Phase 2 begins.
Lamia might be relevant because, in mythos, Lamia eats children. I saw a post from who I assume to be an original Exiled cast member, the caption stuck out to me "...I don't know who those people outside the gate are, or why everyone seemed so scared of them.". Lamia eats children. Game-wise, this could be a metaphor for Lamia and Co. infiltrating the haunt (but why?)

"It's time to take back what was stolen from you.", the caption on the Instagram post reads.

This could be seen as a call to action against Lamia and Co. Or, alternatively, Lamia and Co are looking for something that's been stolen from them.

In all of the in person interactions that have been made available to us, They were giving money away (Cammie, Matt, and then at the competition). Whatever it is they're looking for... I've got the feeling it's something money can't buy.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
cd3vane

Lexthewolf wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:49 pm "It's time to take back what was stolen from you.", the caption on the Instagram post reads.
This could be seen as a call to action against Lamia and Co. Or, alternatively, Lamia and Co are looking for something that's been stolen from them.
I do not think this is a call to action against Lamia or anyone else involved in this organization because we know they are the ones with access to the Instagram account. We know from several interactions that both opulens and Lamia have been the ones messaging participants from this account so I think it makes sense to assume all messaging posted there is coming from the inside. I also agree with everyone here that thinks they are talking to all of us as the collective "you", I think that they need us for something and what they are offering in return is something stolen from us maybe something we did not even know was missing.
Lexthewolf wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:49 pm In all of the in person interactions that have been made available to us, They were giving money away (Cammie, Matt, and then at the competition). Whatever it is they're looking for... I've got the feeling it's something money can't buy.
This part I definitely agree with I think it is much more than something material. On the post, Tori made the comment "my soul?" to which they responded "if that's all you are offering, we are very far apart" so whatever it is it's deeper or more important than our souls..
Screaming into the void
Timsmyname

I know we're moving on from Jeff, but does the "what was stolen from you" commnet matter? Was something specifically stolen from Jeff? At first it seemed that it was about all of us, but now not so sure and since this is now potentially a dead end,, is it even important?
MacbethinaBathtub

I think that a quote from Opulens in another topic is important to flag here:
Sometimes, what one person desires as a prize, they learn is not even their own desire, at all.
To me, that indicates in a broader sense that what was stolen from us is choice. It may not be anything tangible, but rather going back years, or decades, to how society has "programmed" us to value certain things over others. We were brought up to look at the world in a certain way, in service of a particular agenda, and that may have blocked off paths from us we were never even aware of. Maybe THAT'S what was stolen, and what they now hope to correct.

Whatever the case, I think we can very safely accept that whoever is posting on IG is speaking from the point of view of Lamia, and by extension DLB and Morgan. She is in control.

**As an aside, and I don't want to belabor this, but I want to go on record saying that to me it feels wrong to be moving on from Jeff or pretending that it didn't happen. It felt ill-advised yesterday, and it feels irresponsible today. It should have its own dedicated Topic on here, at the very least to document and close the loop on it. Let the future we forge be the judge of whether it was significant or not.
"The bold attempt alone demands applause."
blondie

MacbethinaBathtub wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:59 pm To me, that indicates in a broader sense that what was stolen from us is choice. It may not be anything tangible, but rather going back years, or decades, to how society has "programmed" us to value certain things over others. We were brought up to look at the world in a certain way, in service of a particular agenda, and that may have blocked off paths from us we were never even aware of. Maybe THAT'S what was stolen, and what they now hope to correct.
I can’t help but highlight a potential word of warning that was perhaps surreptitiously thrown our way by DLB… in this thread I highlighted some text from the page with “1864” written on it. The first stage of initiation- the confusion technique…
**As an aside, and I don't want to belabor this, but I want to go on record saying that to me it feels wrong to be moving on from Jeff or pretending that it didn't happen. It felt ill-advised yesterday, and it feels irresponsible today. It should have its own dedicated Topic on here, at the very least to document and close the loop on it. Let the future we forge be the judge of whether it was significant or not.
Anyone can start a topic on here. Everyone is free to talk about what they think is important. Until they’re not. You take the consequences. If you think there should be a topic, make a topic. Suggesting someone else do it is avoiding responsibility, no?
93: Love is the law, love under will.
acidstads

I took a screenshot of what Jeff said after his experience. Initially I was going to post it in the forum but that post on insta and messages were deleted. I wondered if Jeff was an actor and if his involvement was confusion related but the account isn't following any other immersives. Based on the posts being removed and Jeff spamming/taunting the exiled account I think he wasn't an actor and was genuinely someone who didn't read the waiver/take it seriously and that's that. Could be wrong but also our posts on Jeff we're removed here so maybe not worth poking the bear on this one.
haleywilde

MacbethinaBathtub wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:59 pm To me, that indicates in a broader sense that what was stolen from us is choice. It may not be anything tangible, but rather going back years, or decades, to how society has "programmed" us to value certain things over others. We were brought up to look at the world in a certain way, in service of a particular agenda, and that may have blocked off paths from us we were never even aware of. Maybe THAT'S what was stolen, and what they now hope to correct.
If whoever is running this is recruiting for a cult/religious organization, it only benefits them to leave it open-ended. They're looking for people who feel stolen from in any capacity. It’s their way of saying that If you’re feeling lost or angry, they’re here to welcome you with open arms.

We also know that cults specifically target people who have loose ties to their family that they can easily isolate. So people, like me, who saw this message combined with the photo and immediately looked at it through the lens of generational trauma are probably especially vulnerable (yikes).
merely someone at the edge.