July 28th - Local Experience

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
someguyinKC

haleywilde wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:01 pm Matt, this is so... strangely specific and detailed. Can you actually confirm certain things like the 3 minute car ride?
I took some liberties (the room could have been slightly smaller or larger) but the 3 minute car ride is probably about right. It was very short. Also, I believe I have located the space and, with some added turns to confuse us, 3 minutes would be just about perfect.
got milk?
opulens
Site Admin

someguyinKC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:44 pm For those of you that are living vicariously, figured I'd try to get you some detail. ...
Beautiful.

It is hard to describe darkness, and you do it brilliantly.

Blessings.
haleywilde

someguyinKC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:00 pm
Video recap is here https://youtu.be/L27CKjE15PU. Key takeaways bulleted below:
opulens:
"True opulence isn't loud, real opulence is quiet. If you're at a bar and you see three guys: one is wearing a nice suit and Rolex, one is wearing a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt, and a third is wearing shorts and a black polo shirt- the one in the polo shirt is the real rich one."
We're being distracted by shiny things, when we need to be looking at the more subtle people.

Perhaps, Dan?
merely someone at the edge.
cd3vane

haleywilde wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:43 pm
someguyinKC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:00 pm
Video recap is here https://youtu.be/L27CKjE15PU. Key takeaways bulleted below:
opulens:
"True opulence isn't loud, real opulence is quiet. If you're at a bar and you see three guys: one is wearing a nice suit and Rolex, one is wearing a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt, and a third is wearing shorts and a black polo shirt- the one in the polo shirt is the real rich one."
We're being distracted by shiny things, when we need to be looking at the more subtle people.

Perhaps, Dan?
This makes sense I was talking earlier about the idea that Dan might have had at the very least more agency in his choices than we assumed. With this quote we at least have some evidence to base this off of and if you think of things in this context than the early posts where there were spelling errors and he was made to seem publicly humiliated with DLB and co being disappointed in him could also have just been an act to make him sympathetic from the start and placing him deep in hiding. I went back and reread some of the interactions involving him during the reels for the contest and I did not see anything that specifically stuck out as maybe him secretly being in control but something to keep an eye out for just in case he is not exactly as it seems, since most things aren't
Screaming into the void