/// Digging

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
iambalrog

Hi Dan and team!

Just wanted to say congrats on the launch. I know getting the right vibe can be tricky...(and spelling has never been my strong point either), but the best things always build toward a crescendo, so very much looking forward to delving deeper with y'all!

:night:
Blood runs deep.
cassidy

“Dan and team” more like TEAM DAN am I right?
kassidy.exe

I’m very new to all of this, and I noticed people discussing Dan in the comments. Then after I won a contest, I got a message from Dan that he wanted to contact me… anyone else have some insight? 😅

Also hello fellow Cassidy with a C I’m Kassidy with a K
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
cassidy

hi fellow k/cassidy!

so jealous, wish dan would contact me :alien:
biggest fan of dan the man
campbellstruts

Sup yall, i have been contacted by whom I think to be Dan as well 😎 IM SO EXCITED
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Phantomess16

This is all so fun, I love the varied points of interaction and fan communication 💀🖤
:X: I move the stars for no one.
Cade

cassidy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:08 am “Dan and team” more like TEAM DAN am I right?
#JusticeForDan
“In the dark, we confront our true selves.”
haleywilde

ok ok so Campbell mentioned Dan being really mad/annoyed at the creators. If he’s already this mad, I can’t even imagine him making it to showtime in September, let alone October.

Imagine creating a beloved haunt to then hand it over to someone who comes in and belittles you and your work… I don’t see this ending well, and I can’t even say I blame Dan for whatever comes next
merely someone at the edge.
UnseenPresence

Different thought:

Opulens -name is Latin (as he/she/they pointed out so kindly) and means "rich in wealth AND/OR RESOURCES."

After tonight, that name seems relevant. Who walks around with giant rolls of cash and still has people not wearing shoes? People who have so much abundance across the board that they can do whatever they like--include browbeat people into submission, toss hoods over people's heads and ask dark and foreboding questions without qualm.

The name COULD have been Opulence or Opulent, which are the English words derived from the Latin..but it's not--and I think that's because they specifically wanted "lens" to signify both that they are watching here all the time AND that how things are viewed is significant overall. Note that Campbell's trip includes so many different ways to view and record things -- so many literal "lens" viewpoints.

The name choice is deliberate. But what it means about this new haunt is not yet something I see.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
campbellstruts

Can I also add that the woman I spoke to was wearing heels? IN THE DIRTY ROCKS AND MUD?
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
UnseenPresence

haleywilde wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:47 pm
Imagine creating a beloved haunt to then hand it over to someone who comes in and belittles you and your work… I don’t see this ending well, and I can’t even say I blame Dan for whatever comes next
I think a confrontation might well occur. But at least as of now, Dan looks like he might lose such a thing. Which itself might be why he is already irritated and stressed.
UnseenPresence

campbellstruts wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:54 pm Can I also add that the woman I spoke to was wearing heels? IN THE DIRTY ROCKS AND MUD?
Thank you! Proving my point. Takes an obscene amount of wealth to care not the slightest bit about that.
campbellstruts

Wondering if there is also a servant/slave aspect to this too. Driver had on a dress shirt but no coat. Driving without shoes. Hmm, seems suspicious to me.
Also not sure if this is related...the shirts I got smell like mens cologne. I don't wear men's cologne...hint? Or am I crazy?
UnseenPresence

campbellstruts wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:58 pm Wondering if there is also a servant/slave aspect to this too. Driver had on a dress shirt but no coat. Driving without shoes. Hmm, seems suspicious to me.
Also not sure if this is related...the shirts I got smell like mens cologne. I don't wear men's cologne...hint? Or am I crazy?
Don't know if it's related but if it IS, .... Ew. Wash them ASAP.
campbellstruts

TO ANSWER QUESTIONS, AND THE QUESTIONS I MISSED LAST NIGHT:

- What was the group like when I entered the lighted area? ANSWER: Imagine a gravel road that cuts through a forest. Trees at the front, left, right, except for the back portion which was the area we drove in. Still heavily wooded thought. Ground muddy/gravelly except once I got to the group of people.

- How many people in total would you say there were? ANWER: The 2 people I drove in with, maybe 3 staff members to the right, Dan, the woman, the guy who took my picture, and maybe two other people standing holding lights. So I have to say around 10.

- The way I wrote, it sounded like people holding the polaroid, other cameras, and lights were all wearing formal attire. Is that right? ANSWER: Yes. the only people not wearing some form of formal attire was Dan, and the staff. I call them staff because they were wearing exiled shirts and black clothing like stage clothing you would wear on a stage crew to not be seen. But they were still visible. Dan was wearing your average everyday Joe wear. Not fancy, not ragged. Just average.

- Were there any high status people watching or people in the group I didn't mention? ANSWER: Nope. Unless I missed someone that was watching from a distance...

- When you say "staff", what led you to believe that they were workers beyond dressing more casually? ANSWER: besides the fact that they were all wearing exiled shirts and accessorized with (?) black clothing, they were all just standing in a group not saying anything. They did their hair the way they wanted to, meanwhile all the people dressed in suits, men at least had their hair cut and styled (think high and tight, or some variation of that) and the one woman I spoke to had her hair pulled back in either a braid or ponytail with lipstick on. SO I really just assumed that the staff were people working the haunt for promo purposes.

- Did it seem like they were supposed to be there or was I supposed to ignore them as suspension of disbelief? ANSWER: no, they were definitely supposed to be there. I was definitely supposed to see them. Just like how everyone else was standing pretty close in view, they were there too. Holding still, not speaking, just looking. Dan did eventually sulk next to them when the woman made fun of his gifts, if that has anything to do with it.

- How would I characterize the silent onlookers, specifically reacting to Dan and the Lady? ANSWER: Honestly, if anything happened behind me, I missed it until it was time to turn around. Besides just gazing and taking in information, I didn't look behind me until we left. As for the people holding lights and cameras, they didn't say a word. Just stone faced and silent. The staff when dan grumbled over to them looking defeated did look at him and acknowledge his presence. But as for everyone else, absolutely silent. The only people that truly spoke were the woman, actor 1, and actor 2. (also not to confuse anyone, but there may have been a woman or two in the staff group. I say "the woman" because she is the one I spoke to and the one that was dressed all fancy.)

- Was the person in the car just given questions to ask and following orders? ANSWER: actor 1, the driver, did not seem to get any direction from actor 2 at all. He kinda just did things like he knew what he was doing. The only set of instructions was just a reminder for him to give me back my phone. He was never directed other than that last reminder. As for actor 2, he seemed pretty confident in what he was doing. He was never ordered around once. Not at all. Nobody spoke to him the whole time except for me when I answered his questions. So he seemed pretty in control of the situation.

- What do YOU think you experienced? If you had to say who/what the people where that you met, what would you say? Did they seem menacing, creepy, kind, etc.? ANSWER: my brain keeps telling me cult meeting, especially with the fact that I had to listen to bible stories on the way there. But when I did get there, nothing cult-esque or religious vibes to be found except for the fact that we met in the woods. Not too much of a giveaway. But the next best conclusion there was that I was there to meet with elites. Especially when the woman circled me and sniffed my hair, like she was trying to see if I was worthy to be in their presence. It was like I was meeting with elites and was given specific instructions to follow so that they wouldn't kill me or hurt me, etc. They definitely seemed menacing and creepy, but never said anything blatantly rude to me or insulting to me. Everything I did there I did there of my own free will. I wasn't dragged, shoved, forced, or beat down into doing something. (not saying that won't come later... :) ) But it did seem like I was given an opportunity to meet with some upper class elites. It reminded me of those drug deals where people agree to meet at a mutual location and that there is a handoff that occurs where everyone else stands back while two people exchange. Now there was nothing I gave her except for my answers to exchange, but that is the vibe I got from it. Very well done and I hope this answers everyone's questions.
campbellstruts

ONE THING I FORGOT TO MENTION ABOUT THE MONEY.

I hope people know that the first gift dan gave me was the shirts and stickers (i.e. "Merch") in a bubble wrapped bag that either he, or the woman, knocked out of his hands onto the ground and kicked it to me.

The second gift was the $250 that the woman pulled from a roll of bills. What she did with this was she crumpled it up, threw it on the ground, and MADE dan pick it up and give it to me, much to his embarrassment. So maybe that has something to do with the vibes that we are feeling here of elites and lower class.

Also I said this last night but there were two tears in the 50 dollar bill. Now could that absolutely have been mishandling from her crumpling it on the ground and have nothing to do with it? yeah, maybe. But be on the lookout for any tags or tears that are similar to the two I saw.
UnseenPresence

Great answers!

One last question: if you've listened to Matt's video, he talks about a phone call he got after he got home.

Did you get any later phone call?
campbellstruts

Unfortunately no phone call. And no I didn't miss one, I checked my logs and made sure to check in case I really had missed it driving home. I didn't get one. So sad. :(
campbellstruts

Matt (aka someguyinKC) brought up a seriously good point.

"The woman seemed to be someone important; a decision maker of some sort. The guy with the polaroid, just her muscle. The guy in the car was some sort of scout perhaps? Doing the legwork and early vetting in this whole process."

I can preach to that. The woman seemed to be the one carrying the whole process through. People listened to her, she was rude to them, etc. Characteristic behavior of a narcissist going on a power trip. So I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.
campbellstruts

Quick edit before I get clowned. Staff members were not wearing black lol. just the exiled shirts.