Trauma Point Made

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
someguyinKC

This needs to be sent out to the universe. We’ve all actively bonded over the fact that generational trauma is definitely a thing. And I’ve had this conversation enough times before this that I wouldn’t have thought anything about except for the fact that, on day 1, we were asked about generational trauma.

TPTB, Mission: accomplished
got milk?
Lexthewolf

Ya know. Trauma is an interesting thing.

This conversation about trauma has me thinking / reflecting. I have a real life example of how trauma is inherited.

My mother used to tell me stories about her childhood… I don’t remember most of them but there’s one that sticks with me, one she’d repeat so often that the trauma became normalized to a point where I didn’t bat much of an eye when bad things happened to me… I viewed them as tests of endurance and resilience

In short: trauma passed down by stories told, normalizes bad things happening. Bad things happen. Stories get told. And thus the cycle continues.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
Wanda102

Lexthewolf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:51 pm Ya know. Trauma is an interesting thing.

This conversation about trauma has me thinking / reflecting. I have a real life example of how trauma is inherited.

My mother used to tell me stories about her childhood… I don’t remember most of them but there’s one that sticks with me, one she’d repeat so often that the trauma became normalized to a point where I didn’t bat much of an eye when bad things happened to me… I viewed them as tests of endurance and resilience

In short: trauma passed down by stories told, normalizes bad things happening. Bad things happen. Stories get told. And thus the cycle continues.
Hey I love you.
Lexthewolf

I love you too, Cris ten.

The first step to acceptance is acknowledgment.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.