Redcurve Family Feast

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Caboose04

I like food as I am sure lots of other. I know the Redcurves are big into family and there have been talks about feasts. I wanted to know what they would like?

I came up with some food ideas based off of who we met so far.

Lilith- Salad with Grapes, Apple slices, Berries and figs
Gord- Roasted Butternut Squash soup
Cletums- Smothered Chicken
Dorothea- Deviled Eggs
Ernest Eggplant Parmesan
Nash- Mashed Potatoes with red sauce
Hesta- Huckleberry Ice cream

Feel free to pitch some ideas too :) I am no master chef or know anything about pairings haha these are just what I thought sounded good.
haleywilde

something tells me Mr. head of the Redcurves, Dorothea is not gonna be too pleased with just being deviled eggs πŸ‘€
merely someone at the edge.
Caboose04

haleywilde wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:57 pm something tells me Mr. head of the Redcurves, Dorothea is not gonna be too pleased with just being deviled eggs πŸ‘€
Everyone loves Deviled eggs and there is never enough of them!
blondie

haleywilde wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:57 pm something tells me Mr. head of the Redcurves, Dorothea is not gonna be too pleased with just being deviled eggs πŸ‘€
Yeah, I imagine he is a steak with a whisky based sauce (probably with peppercorns cos he a bit spicy)
93: Love is the law, love under will.
someguyinKC

blondie wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:59 pm
Yeah, I imagine he is a steak with a whisky based sauce (probably with peppercorns cos he a bit spicy)
Whisquila*
got milk?
Caboose04

someguyinKC wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:00 pm
blondie wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:59 pm
Whisquila*
That do sound good a whisquila steak :P
campbellstruts

A good time to post my ethical dilemma, because again, hints of CANNIBALISM

If you had a choice to knowingly eat human meat (with consent from the person providing said meat) and it was prepared in a way that would not give you any diseases or illnesses and it tasted delicious, would you or would you not? What is your reasoning?
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
haleywilde

campbellstruts wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:05 pm A good time to post my ethical dilemma, because again, hints of CANNIBALISM

If you had a choice to knowingly eat human meat (with consent from the person providing said meat) and it was prepared in a way that would not give you any diseases or illnesses and it tasted delicious, would you or would you not? What is your reasoning?
Absoluuuutely not. I have a hard enough time eating meat as it is.
Caboose04

I would try it. If there are no concicences and 0 risk of disease. Why not? I would just do it just to have said I tried it. What happens if it is actually really good and you crave more though?? πŸ€”
Whoischelsea

campbellstruts wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:05 pm A good time to post my ethical dilemma, because again, hints of CANNIBALISM

Def not. I think I would regret it a lot and overthink it. Especially if it tastes delicious - I would hate knowing that I liked it. I feel like it could be a slippery slope.
I figured out how to edit this
blondie

One of the main reasons I became vegetarian (and subsequently vegan… did I mention I’m vegan? Lol), was because I said if I ate meat, I had to be willing to eat ALL meat. I’ve eaten rabbit and horse, but I just couldn’t get my head around eating a cat. I would eat a human before I ate a cat… so no meat for me.
93: Love is the law, love under will.
opulens
Site Admin

Caboose04 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:58 pm Everyone loves Deviled eggs
One of the less accurate posts you've made here.
haleywilde

opulens wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:54 pm
I knew we were besties for a reason.
Caboose04

opulens wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:54 pm
I thought people did. I personally don't but, I always hear everyone complaining they are always gone.
lazysmartperson

I wouldn't seek it out, creating a market demand for human meat seems like a soylent slope, but if it was placed at the table then sure, best not to waste.
β€œEvery blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
opulens
Site Admin

Caboose04 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:01 pm I thought people did. I personally don't but,
Spectacular. No notes.
Caboose04

opulens wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:51 pm
Caboose04 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:01 pm I thought people did. I personally don't but,
Spectacular. No notes.
What dish would you recommend?
haleywilde

lazysmartperson wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:45 pm

I wouldn't seek it out, creating a market demand for human meat seems like a soylent slope, but if it was placed at the table then sure, best not to waste.
OH- BOOK RECOMMENDATION: Tender is the Flesh by Agustina Bazterrica!!!!

Short lil book, WILD ride. It's about what would happen if all of the world's meat/animals were destroyed by a virus, so we start raising humans specifically for consumption. Talk about a moral dilemma. Highly recommend to this crowd and their cannibalism obsession lol.
campbellstruts

haleywilde wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Short lil book, WILD ride. It's about what would happen if all of the world's meat/animals were destroyed by a virus, so we start raising humans specifically for consumption. Talk about a moral dilemma. Highly recommend to this crowd and their cannibalism obsession lol.
I love that book!!!
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
haleywilde

campbellstruts wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:33 pm
haleywilde wrote: ↑Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:10 pm

I love that book!!!
that makes so much sense haha