Phone Call From Madelyn- 8-31

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
Caboose04

I was up all night kicking myself because I missed calls last night so I made sure my phone was turned up and next to me.

My Phone rings this afternoon. (I was passed out so its my morning)

It was a longer phone call then normal so there was a lot going on but I will do my best.

I say hello.

Maddy: I am sorry I know i probably sound crazy
Caboose: no you're fine
Maddy: I didn't want any of this. I want to just put make up on and scare people.
Caboose: What else is going on?
Maddy: I was excited when I heard Darren was coming I loved his movies but (sorry I cant remember exactly so what is next is me paraphrasing) when Darren, Morgan and the suits showed up it was different and Dan lost his mind.
Caboose: What do you mean Dan lost his mind?
Maddy: Can we talk about something else?
Caboose: Sure?
Maddy: Can you tell me a story? A funny one?
Caboose: Ummm yeah sure. Well last weekend I threw up all over my friends car and had to spend 300 to clean it all up. So that was funny and sucked.
Maddy: (Laughed a little I don't think she really thought it was funny) Thank you I needed that.
Maddy: Did you want to hear a story?
Caboose: Yes.
Maddy: I was 14 when I started working at Exiled. I used to get all dressed up and go out in to the middle of the woods and it was fun. I wasn't scared people would wear masks but you know not all monsters wear masks.
Maddy: Can we talk again tomorrow?
Caboose: Yeah we can!

I feel like I am missing a little bit of details but I got most of it. I will do better. just caught me off guard this morning.

Maddy thank you for the phone call. I want to help you and hear you out the best I can.
blondie

Honestly, I do sympathise with Maddy. I understand why she’s been lashing out. Like we theorised… imagine doing this for years and having fun, and then you get handed a script like that… it’s all fun and games until the blood magick…

But there’s no harm in sitting it out for a year lovely girl if summoning the old gods isn’t your bag…
93: Love is the law, love under will.
Lexthewolf

if Maddy's feeling this way... I wonder how Morgan feels.

I wonder if Morgan feels like he's under pressure by the Elites. I wonder if Darren feels like he's under pressure. I wonder if they felt excited at first because of a brand new project but... the elites took over and now the Directors are... the Puppets?

I have a bad feeling about whatever comes next.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
kassidy.exe

Im sorry if this has already been discussed, but im just now kinda connecting the dots on things. Maddy works with Exiled. Which was a regular haunt until Darren, the suits and Redcurves showed up and took over. I can see from her point a view, a regular haunt actor, would be freaked out by the stuff they are doing- it gives more perspective about her, I just dunno why the (suits/redcurves) would be concerned with her other than the fact that she is causing a lil bit of havoc in the forums.

This is probably extremely basic info, but idk if anyone else felt washed up by the overflow of info and conversations and such so I'm just verbalizing what I’m thinking.
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
campbellstruts

Caboose04 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:15 pm I was up all night kicking myself because I missed calls last night so I made sure my phone was turned up and next to me.

My Phone rings this afternoon. (I was passed out so its my morning)

It was a longer phone call then normal so there was a lot going on but I will do my best.

I say hello.

Maddy: I am sorry I know i probably sound crazy
Caboose: no you're fine
Maddy: I didn't want any of this. I want to just put make up on and scare people.
Caboose: What else is going on?
Maddy: I was excited when I heard Darren was coming I loved his movies but (sorry I cant remember exactly so what is next is me paraphrasing) when Darren, Morgan and the suits showed up it was different and Dan lost his mind.
Caboose: What do you mean Dan lost his mind?
Maddy: Can we talk about something else?
Caboose: Sure?
Maddy: Can you tell me a story? A funny one?
Caboose: Ummm yeah sure. Well last weekend I threw up all over my friends car and had to spend 300 to clean it all up. So that was funny and sucked.
Maddy: (Laughed a little I don't think she really thought it was funny) Thank you I needed that.
Maddy: Did you want to hear a story?
Caboose: Yes.
Maddy: I was 14 when I started working at Exiled. I used to get all dressed up and go out in to the middle of the woods and it was fun. I wasn't scared people would wear masks but you know not all monsters wear masks.
Maddy: Can we talk again tomorrow?
Caboose: Yeah we can!

I feel like I am missing a little bit of details but I got most of it. I will do better. just caught me off guard this morning.

Maddy thank you for the phone call. I want to help you and hear you out the best I can.
The wearing masks bit is super important to me. People we probably think we know and can trust probably have the deepest darkest intentions.
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
ToCarp

Most people at some point wear masks, or build walls. For some it's for protection, others it's for manipulation. Being "naked" is so vulnerable and is so difficult for most, whether it's good intentions or bad.