The call

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
KAYLYN

Get a call from a private number to my surprise was not who I was expecting. So I answered and was caught off guard as it was Dan from exiled. Sound much like someone playing a sound board of his voice if you ask me. I was told I was going to be asked some questions, ok great!

If I was handed a loaded gun and was told to put old dog dog what would be my last thoughts before pulling the trigger?
What was the dogs name?
How do I feel about cottage cheese?

Of course I know my answers now, but that's not how this works I suppose. They like to make me get inside my head, pissed off or angry at my own answers. Is there a right or wrong answer though? Is this how we choose our path? There interactions leave me racking my brain. But I enjoy the excitement.
Caboose04

Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:53 pm Get a call from a private number to my surprise was not who I was expecting. So I answered and was caught off guard as it was Dan from exiled. Sound much like someone playing a sound board of his voice if you ask me. I was told I was going to be asked some questions, ok great!

If I was handed a loaded gun and was told to put old dog dog what would be my last thoughts before pulling the trigger?
What was the dogs name?

Of course I know my answers now, but that's not how this works I suppose. They like to make me get inside my head, pissed off or angry at my own answers. Is there a right or wrong answer though? Is this how we choose our path? There interactions leave me racking my brain. But I enjoy the excitement.
What were your answers? If you care to share?
cd3vane

Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:53 pm Get a call from a private number to my surprise was not who I was expecting. So I answered and was caught off guard as it was Dan from exiled. Sound much like someone playing a sound board of his voice if you ask me. I was told I was going to be asked some questions, ok great!

What was the dogs name?

Moving my reply here for visibility. I find it interesting that they assumed that you would pull the trigger rather than asking if you would in general. I dont think there are any right or wrong answers to anything here just more questions and how you and others interpret them. Except the cottage cheese one, however you answered that probably changes everything. :ex9:
Screaming into the void
KAYLYN

I was also in a way asked (because I can't remember the exact question) what would I do if I was told not to follow Dan)

I said there was no name but of course after answering I knew that wasn't true. My thought would definitely be was this the right thing to do. I always find myself second guessing a lot of things that go on in my head. It's sorta my weakness, or maybe it's me not wanting to disappoint the higher power. I aim the please them, don't we all? I personally love cottage cheese.
I eat it everyday honestly.
opulens
Site Admin

Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:53 pm There interactions leave me racking my brain. But I enjoy the excitement.
There in tractions our were king there'n.

Blair sings.
cd3vane

opulens wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:09 pm
Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:53 pm There interactions leave me racking my brain. But I enjoy the excitement.
There in tractions our were king there'n.

Blair sings.
isnt them always
Screaming into the void
lazysmartperson

did Dan sound distraught? disinterested? defeated? some other adjective that starts with d? i'm curious why it was Dan asking the questions this time
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
blondie

Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:07 pm I was also in a way asked (because I can't remember the exact question) what would I do if I was told not to follow Dan)

I said there was no name but of course after answering I knew that wasn't true. My thought would definitely be was this the right thing to do. I always find myself second guessing a lot of things that go on in my head. It's sorta my weakness, or maybe it's me not wanting to disappoint the higher power. I aim the please them, don't we all? I personally love cottage cheese.
I eat it everyday honestly.
I feel this deeply. I often run through interactions in my head on an aggressive loop when I can’t sleep… just casual ones, work situations, ones like these… thinking how I would or should have done or said things differently. Again, people pleaser… or some might say a validation kink, lol

I miss cottage cheese. Especially the kind with the pineapple in…

Maybe the ill advised connections some of us may have made with Exiled staff have caused Dan to reach out…
93: Love is the law, love under will.
Wanda102

Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:07 pm I was also in a way asked (because I can't remember the exact question) what would I do if I was told not to follow Dan)
I actually was really curious on why when asked not to follow Dan, you followed anyway. Did he give an indication that he was saying not to follow but really wanted you to instead?

Maybe the dog question in the call was highlighting how you follow or don’t follow instructions? If you were handed a gun and told to put down a dog, would you be considering what your last thoughts were, or would you refuse to follow the instruction? The question certainly highlights that there are times when you can/should refuse an order, and times when you should.
Brianamatopoeia

cd3vane wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:02 pm

What was the dogs name?

Moving my reply here for visibility. I find it interesting that they assumed that you would pull the trigger rather than asking if you would in general. I dont think there are any right or wrong answers to anything here just more questions and how you and others interpret them. Except the cottage cheese one, however you answered that probably changes everything. :ex9:
I don't think they're assuming that you'd pull the trigger, but more telling you that you did. It's more disturbing when the choice is removed, isn't it?
It has the juice.
iambalrog

But why is Dan asking these questions? I thought he’d been exiled/booted out?
Or have they replaced him with AI/tech since you mention a sound board? Doing it in his name/voice but it’s not really him (the real him is out there sobbing/trying to figure out how to stop this mess).

When someone dies, is it Dan (and Jen’s) name on the lease?
Blood runs deep.
MacbethinaBathtub

I could definitely see Dan relating to the dog after all that’s happened, the call being more introspective and self-pitying in a way. An old dog with old tricks put down for the sake of something new and shiny, wondering whether Lamia or Darren or whoever pulled the trigger even gave him a second thought before moving on. I’m sure at the very least he’s feeling a bit neutered at the moment…

Then again, maybe Blondie’s right, and Dan’s ready to fight for what he created. Could a rebellion be in the offing? Maybe we’ll ALL be following Dan when we’re told not to before too long.

Worrisome if he’s developed a taste for cottage cheese though….
"The bold attempt alone demands applause."
KAYLYN

MacbethinaBathtub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:55 pm I could definitely see Dan relating to the dog after all that’s happened. An old dog with old tricks put down for the sake of something new and shiny, wondering whether Lamia or Darren or whoever pulled the trigger even gave him a second thought before moving on. I’m sure at the very least he’s feeling a bit neutered at the moment…

Then again, maybe Blondie’s right, and Dan’s ready to fight for what he created. Could a rebellion be in the offing? Maybe we’ll ALL be following Dan when we’re told not to before too long.

It was definitely what I believe to be a trick question. I do not believe that the dog was referred to as an old dog but rather his name being such. After I kept replaying the question over and over, after my first initial answer I came to that realization. I believe the dogs name was Old dog.
KAYLYN

Wanda102 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:29 pm
I actually was really curious on why when asked not to follow Dan, you followed anyway. Did he give an indication that he was saying not to follow but really wanted you to instead?

Maybe the dog question in the call was highlighting how you follow or don’t follow instructions? If you were handed a gun and told to put down a dog, would you be considering what your last thoughts were, or would you refuse to follow the instruction? The question certainly highlights that there are times when you can/should refuse an order, and times when you should.

Curiosity doesn't always kill the cat, it leads you to the truth of what is meant to be out there. We were given a message to the extent of we could investigate if we saw something worth it, or we could sit back and do nothing, and be nothing, or we could investigate.
opulens
Site Admin

Kaymart wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:05 pm Curiosity doesn't always kill the cat, it leads you to the truth of what is meant to be out there. We were given a message to the extent of we could investigate if we saw something worth it, or we could sit back and do nothing, and be nothing, or we could investigate.
If you were told sunsets are worth watching, would you stare directly at the Sun while you waited for one to start?

Always exercise caution in the real world. We don't own it (officially), and are not responsible for anyone's actions.

"Don't open a closed door", meant literally rather than metaphorically, is a good rule of thumb.

Blessings.
mart

opulens wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:53 pm
If you were told sunsets are worth watching, would you stare directly at the Sun while you waited for one to start?

Always exercise caution in the real world. We don't own it (officially), and are not responsible for anyone's actions.

"Don't open a closed door", meant literally rather than metaphorically, is a good rule of thumb.

Blessings.
The biggest risk is not taking any risk at all. Is it not?
opulens
Site Admin

mart wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:54 am The biggest risk is not taking any risk at all. Is it not?
Hello Mart. Your beard and your camera death stare brought me tremendous pleasure.

In answer to your question; No. Not always.

The problem with emphatic and immovable statements is that the world is neither emphatic nor immovable.

If I hand you a burning stick, is your biggest risk not seeing how flammable your hair is?

Should you test the heat resistance of your face?

To not do so, is taking the biggest risk, right?

The biggest risk, in general, in life, is to take no risks.

This is not the same as saying take every risk.

Blessings.
Brianamatopoeia

opulens wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:38 pm
mart wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:54 am The biggest risk is not taking any risk at all. Is it not?
Hello Mart. Your beard and your camera death stare brought me tremendous pleasure.

In answer to your question; No. Not always.

The problem with emphatic and immovable statements is that the world is neither emphatic nor immovable.

If I hand you a burning stick, is your biggest risk not seeing how flammable your hair is?

Should you test the heat resistance of your face?

To not do so, is taking the biggest risk, right?

The biggest risk, in general, in life, is to take no risks.

This is not the same as saying take every risk.

Blessings.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck didn't take any risks?
It has the juice.
lazysmartperson

I really like this interpretation given Kaymart's interactions so far.

...but part of me is still worried that Dan's call was expressing guilt, what if Dan was handed a loaded gun and was told to plug a leak
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
blondie

lazysmartperson wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:03 pm
I really like this interpretation given Kaymart's interactions so far.

...but part of me is still worried that Dan's call was expressing guilt, what if Dan was handed a loaded gun and was told to plug a leak
Tying together a few threads here but…

Been thinking about fate in terms of a person’s fate… and being given the opportunity or instruction to determine someone’s fate. In this question, the dog’s fate is predetermined, but, as we are asking, is it really?

On the flyers from the contest, it says:
IMG_3249.jpeg
We assumed the fate we were deciding was that of Campbell, Matt, or Kassidy… who would be the winner of the “big prize”. But what if the prize is them determining another’s fate… maybe Dan… maybe Pink Socks. What will the “winner” do when handed a loaded gun, whether literally or metaphorically? Will they follow instructions?

We all in turn are responsible for that. Our decisions, as individuals and a collective, have consequences.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
93: Love is the law, love under will.