The Caboose is Loose: Brannigan’s Adventures in KC 8/4/24

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
ToCarp

So the difference this year is DLB coming in..yes? Otherwise it would be business as usual ?
ToCarp

I know, I know.... super basic but just trying to bring it back and look at the simple things..
cd3vane

Yes I think DLB and crew are definitely a large draw
Screaming into the void
Caboose04

UnseenPresence wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:52 pm Things that stand out to me from your exceptional recap:

1. Cleatums throwing up.
2. Mr. Dairy Man having some "affliction".

Those two almost feel like some kind of similar element, something wrong/changing/altering. Or parasites or aliens or ... Something. They may not be connected per se, but it's interesting both groups have some sort of gastro aspect with a member. Especially with...

3. Darren tells you not to eat/drink anything and is unhappy when he finds out you did. Is there something either/both groups ingest that he was worried you also got a dose of?

Everyone should live by the old rules of interacting with fae/gods/anything magical being: NEVER EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING OFFERED without CLEAR TERMS or you are theirs. Some lore says for a night, some forever. But the lore is always clear: don't eat or drink.

4. The dance: he was working on it and it looked sort of like a TikTok dance. Could it be a ritual dance? Can you describe the dance more in any way? Was it hands/feet/hips? What made you think TikTok?

5. The deer head. Almost definitely some form of symbol for the cooperation between the groups. Such imagery has been used by many groups throughout history, a way of saying "we are now connected to this deal, etc."

6. Geomancy: yeah, there is something to the location. I have been waiting to see if the group was moving to places because of ley line/geomantic energy. It makes the "wheel" comments from weeks ago feel more clear to me at least.

Nexus points of ley lines can also mythologically or magically be thin places where energy comes through, where interdimensional beings can come through, and where attempts to perform rituals or gain power are stronger. With the discussion that the Elites don't know what they are gonna get, it sounds very much like something dark either happened, woke up, or is continuing to sit on the other side of the barrier.

In other words, something might be waiting for them. Or for us. Or for the world.

7. The lake. Water has immense power. Ghosts are stronger near water. Water is necessary for life. It is a source of energy and many people who deal with other dimensions/planes believe that edge of water and land makes any such transitions across that barrier easier because it's a natural transition.

8. Warning: Dan reaffirms that doesn't control this. Those women are terrified. Can you remember anything about the women? Any descriptions in case other KC folk meet them? Did they say anything specific?

9. The true hidden ones. Darren specifically telling you he's not part of the show and telling you to leave is worrisome. He appears to have been watching/working on your scenes and then either found or created a moment where he could sneak in and talk to you directly. That shouldn't be overlooked by anyone.

Darren must also have stuck around to watch you and literally is telling you to stop acting like you're in a horror movie (where people make decisions that get them killed like opening random hotel room doors. Lol) There is most definitely another party at play. Not the elites or the family in world. Not Dan or Darren any of the production team designing the haunt. There is something else. No idea what.
3. Darren tells you not to eat/drink anything and is unhappy when he finds out you did. Is there something either/both groups ingest that he was worried you also got a dose of?

He did not explain. Felt like I may have been poisoned? Maybe some ritualistic stuff.... Thinking about it now the drink and Geomancy booklet were right next to eachother....

Everyone should live by the old rules of interacting with fae/gods/anything magical being: NEVER EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING OFFERED without CLEAR TERMS or you are theirs. Some lore says for a night, some forever. But the lore is always clear: don't eat or drink.

I'm a crazy person. Dont hesitate hahah

4. The dance: he was working on it and it looked sort of like a TikTok dance. Could it be a ritual dance? Can you describe the dance more in any way? Was it hands/feet/hips? What made you think TikTok?
Now thinking about this too it could have been very much a ritual dance... I just thought it more resembled the TikTok Dances. I cannot accurately describe it. Closest thing I could think of is the Neapolean Dynamite dance but not as animated.

8. Warning: Dan reaffirms that doesn't control this. Those women are terrified. Can you remember anything about the women? Any descriptions in case other KC folk meet them? Did they say anything specific?
Yes, I think others have figured out who they are. Madlyne and Dont remember the other girls name. She posted about working for exiled before and I remember seeing her pop up around when the jeff incident occurred. She is confirmed that she has been actually working with Exiled for awhile.

9. The true hidden ones. Darren specifically telling you he's not part of the show and telling you to leave is worrisome. He appears to have been watching/working on your scenes and then either found or created a moment where he could sneak in and talk to you directly. That shouldn't be overlooked by anyone.

Darren must also have stuck around to watch you and literally is telling you to stop acting like you're in a horror movie (where people make decisions that get them killed like opening random hotel room doors. Lol) There is most definitely another party at play. Not the elites or the family in world. Not Dan or Darren any of the production team designing the haunt. There is something else. No idea what

This is true 100% I truly believe there is something far worse is going on. I don't know who would spook him that much.
Caboose04

ToCarp wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:59 pm Ok, this may seem totally dumb but I have some very "back to basics" comments and questions...
The "Exiled" haunt is located in the woods below the ZiplineKC.
I have done Exiled for 3 seasons now and it's always been great. I have never done ZiplineKC though.
Has anyone else done the haunt previously?
Has anyone done the zipline there ?
I wanted to go while I was there but I def didn't have any "Free" time as I didn't know what my itinerary was for the day lmao
Caboose04

UnseenPresence wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:52 pm

Darren must also have stuck around to watch you and literally is telling you to stop acting like you're in a horror movie (where people make decisions that get them killed like opening random hotel room doors. Lol) There is most definitely another party at play. Not the elites or the family in world. Not Dan or Darren any of the production team designing the haunt. There is something else. No idea what.
Also additional detail that adds to this. I went on a side quest. I thought maybe I could find some clues in the hotel room I looked through everything (even took the blankets off the bed hahaha) and even spoke to the front desk people had any additional information and they didn't have any. So that leads me to believe that it was truly just a safe spot I was supposed to hide out at till my flight.
haleywilde

Caboose04 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:18 pm

Also additional detail that adds to this. I went on a side quest. I thought maybe I could find some clues in the hotel room I looked through everything (even took the blankets off the bed hahaha) and even spoke to the front desk people had any additional information and they didn't have any. So that leads me to believe that it was truly just a safe spot I was supposed to hide out at till my flight.
It's just interesting to me that Dan was the one who called you to tell you to go chill at the hotel room until your flight, right? I can't figure out where his loyalties lie... how is he able to work with every group without them getting mad? He seems to be doing favors for Lamia and Darren simultaneously, and the having a side quest with the og exiled employees.
merely someone at the edge.
ToCarp

Caboose04 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:14 pm
ToCarp wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:59 pm Ok, this may seem totally dumb but I have some very "back to basics" comments and questions...
The "Exiled" haunt is located in the woods below the ZiplineKC.
I have done Exiled for 3 seasons now and it's always been great. I have never done ZiplineKC though.
Has anyone else done the haunt previously?
Has anyone done the zipline there ?
I wanted to go while I was there but I def didn't have any "Free" time as I didn't know what my itinerary was for the day lmao
I can't imagine there was a moment it seemed appropriate to ask about doing a Zipline 😅
lazysmartperson

Caboose04 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:47 pm ... he starts saying You know they aren't any better then us that fucker had a cell phone.
so dairy king is worried that you think the redcurves are better than him? i'm curious how dairy king see's himself
“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
Caboose04

lazysmartperson wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:28 pm
Caboose04 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:47 pm ... he starts saying You know they aren't any better then us that fucker had a cell phone.
so dairy king is worried that you think the redcurves are better than him? i'm curious how dairy king see's himself
I don't think he really thinks they are better then him. It felt like they think they are better then everyone.
sfire8

Wow, this is just all so cool. I am curious about the interaction between Dairy King and the Redcurves with the deer head? What was that all about? And Dairy King touched the deer blood? Why?

Also fascinated by what a “Redcurve” actually is. The lore said a family who operated the haunt and had since moved, but maybe they’re more like a group that works together?
kassidy.exe

Honestly don’t have much to add to this conversation, other than what a fucking journey! I hope the trip was worth it to you. We got some questions answered, but still left with a shit ton more.

I’m really excited to see what else is to come.
chose to be exiled. #karaokefinalgirl
blondie

Apologies in advance for this crackpot contribution, which we will call “food and the fae”:

Two things about fairie lore and food:

1) offerings - the fae can be pretty mischievous so, as a gesture of respect and cooperation, we leave them gifts of food… bread, cakes… and milk. They love dairy. They hate salt.

2) never eat fae food - if you eat their food, two things can happen. Firstly, you can become stuck in the fairie realm. Secondly, you will never again crave human food and this will send you doolally. So the rule is to refuse anything they offer you (see also eating food in the Greek underworld and uhhh… Pan’s Labyrinth)
93: Love is the law, love under will.
UnseenPresence

blondie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:33 am Apologies in advance for this crackpot contribution, which we will call “food and the fae”:
See, blondie gets it just like I said. Next time someone runs into Dairy Dude, offer him some jerky or popcorn. See what happens.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
campbellstruts

A running list of things we need to bring to these interactions:

- rocks (for opulens)
- food/assorted non salty foods (for the guy that likes dairy)
- emesis bags (for cletums)

Anything I’m missing? Lol
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
Wanda102

On eating food specifically in the underworld etc

“ The belief that it is dangerous for mortals to eat and drink when in the underworld is widespread, and can in all probability be traced to primitive ideas connected with food-taboos. Among many savage races there exists a highly developed ritual connected with eating, the most common idea being that the taking of food with a stranger is a form of covenant and establishes kinship. The basis of the idea is sympathetic magic.”

Darren saying that to Bran also reminded me a bit of the myth of Persephone, who ate the seeds of a pomegranate while in the underworld and was doomed to remain there. (For half the year, this is the myth of how the Seasons were developed, as her mother Demeter was the goddess of the earth, and causes the world to grow cold in the months that her daughter is away in the Underworld. When Persephone was taken by Hades to the underworld, Demeter scoured the world for her using Hecate’s torches, for what it’s worth.)

The idea could tie in to things being “taken” from the Redcurves, and a similar kind of deal that needs to be made between the Redcurves and the Elites for its return.
campbellstruts

I like the idea of the mythical/magic/spiritual influence behind the “don’t drink anything” quote, but could it also be that they are trying to poison/drug/get DNA from him?
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
acidstads

Caboose04 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:18 pm

I think while it was a safe spot the knock you got at the door that ended up being the girls felt like a test. Maybe they weren’t actually spooked and got you to hand over something or they really could have been terrified but still part of the game. Anyone’s guess I suppose.
lazysmartperson

I have found a very oddly shaped hole... Here is a woman who is channeling a fae elemental dwarf by the name of Cletums who speaks of fairy portals.

“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” - The Alchemist
campbellstruts

Where did you find this? Very interesting to say the least.