(8/30) Messages from Madelyn

Kansas City has experienced a lot of strange and unnerving events in 2024, and this is the place to discuss them.
kevin

After Madelyn showed up on the forums last night, I decided to reach out to her on Instagram to see if she would be more amenable to a conversation on a channel not controlled by Exiled. I had also reached out to her there the last time she posted on the forums, but never heard back from her. I wasn't expecting a response this time, but felt like it was important to try to help her out given her level of distress. This time, she responded...

Now, Madelyn seems to favor action, so I hope that she doesn't mind me sharing what she shared with me, but it seems important:
"I know I sound crazy… These lines are so fucking blurred that I can’t even keep the bullshit straight. Every time I think I understand it, it shifts, like a puzzle, or a fucking Lament Configuration. They’re bringing someone new in from LA to clean this shit up. And try to get the story centered while these fuck sticks in the woods are making things hellish for everyone."

I rambled a bit more, trying to get information about who they were sending out, realizing that was stupid and I should be trying to help her, and trying a few different things. She responded one more time, with something that is SO OBVIOUS in retrospect.
"I don’t know. All I know is the person they’re bringing is called Stephanie."

I feel stupid for not making the connection.

Of course the S in "D, D, M, S" is Stephanie. For those not familiar, she's worked with Darren on a lot of different projects over the years.
Lexthewolf

Oh. My. God.

The chaos. It’s coming.
from dust we were created, to dust we shall return.
campbellstruts

kevin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:30 pm
Of course the S in "D, D, M, S" is Stephanie. For those not familiar, she's worked with Darren on a lot of different projects over the years.
any specific projects or information we should know about her for those of us where this is our first time hearing about her?
I shall not be afraid of the terror in the night, nor the evil that walketh in darkness - because I have made the Lord my refuge.
UnseenPresence

Yep. In retrospect that should have been a big possibility. Says a lot about what is happening, good or bad.
We Are Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On...
kevin

Steph was involved in various capacities with One Day Die, iConfidant, and Theatre Macabre (and a few others).

Her, Darren, and Morgan have been in regular collaboration across those three events.
youwillnotbewelcomed

OH SHIT STEPHANIE!!

Damn we’re really all fucked. So excited!